Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Recipe for winning on D

Bookmark and Share
    Hood is just a bust, The Beard is just getting old, McLendon should be a back up, and Cam will be a stud.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Heyward played a great game. He's a legit starter.

Not sure what you are looking for.
    maybe I don't see it because this team up front is so bad. But I just don't see where he makes a difference. Hampton, Hoke, Smith, Kemo. Those guys seemed to create havoc in the back field and against the run and I'm not seeing it since they broke up that team.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    maybe I don't see it because this team up front is so bad. But I just don't see where he makes a difference. Hampton, Hoke, Smith, Kemo. Those guys seemed to create havoc in the back field and against the run and I'm not seeing it since they broke up that team.
    I think we would perceive the line playing better if the LB crew was better (although I do believe that NT is a very weak area). I think Keisel and Heyward are fine, even though Cam is benefiting in the minds of many from not being Ziggy Hood.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Cam, like DeCastro, seems to be improving every game since being added to the starting lineup. He's looking like the guy we hoped we'd get coming out of Ohio State.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    They should be able to play off eachother and if you look at talent I think our LB group is the best of the group on def. well, I don't think they're all that epic either and it's not fair to compare athleticism between the two groups but if I had to replace one it would be the dline. They don't draw the double coverage to let the athletes on the defense shine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Hood is just a bust, The Beard is just getting old, McLendon should be a back up, and Cam will be a stud.
    seconded in full

I don't see one legit starter on this dline. All serviceable back ups at best. Jesus, even Brett is a career back up player and now he's a starter too. I don't know if it would make a difference if they ran a 4-3, but in this system the entire dline sucks. So Heyword got some pressure, made some plays, he's still not a legit starter. He just happens to be our best option. Don't get me wrong, all these guys can stay on the team but they shouldn't be starters. Just not good enough. No double teams required to stop them so our LB get no sacks, our secondary gets torched and we give up 620 yards and 55 points. What happen to the dline that didn't ever give up a 100 yard rusher? Now people just rip that off against us.
    Brett is a career backup? Lol that's a joke. He's a decent rotational player but he was awesome in his prime, he really grew I to the position.

Heyward is a good one. He stacks and sheds very effortlessly. I still like woods as a rotational guy, but the more I watch dontari Poe play for KC the more I like nix if we pick outside of 10

Banned
    They should be able to play off eachother and if you look at talent I think our LB group is the best of the group on def. well, I don't think they're all that epic either and it's not fair to compare athleticism between the two groups but if I had to replace one it would be the dline. They don't draw the double coverage to let the athletes on the defense shine.
    i'd argue the complete opposite.

The DL is still 5 tech, and thus freeing up our OLBers to rush one on one... our OLB are just average to above average and therefor only win there matchups once or twice a game...

Woodley has been his usually "1 play a game" self
    Jarvis has had very little impact
    Worrilds is one dimensional

inside, all the Foote haters should watch the New England rushing game and ask themselves if they really knew what they were talking about.

Timmons has been the one solid of the LBing core... but even he hasn't made the plays we are accustomed too.

say what you want about a bad day for the secondary last week... but overall on the season... it's the LBer core that has failed to hold up its end of the scheme.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    I guess I missed Brett prime and rotational player sounds too much like a back up. I don't hate the guy but he's old and eating cap with not much production. He played ok a couple seasons ago but again spent his career behind Smith for a reason. Woodley seemed to play good when Smith was over there. If you run a 3-4 you need monster up front like we had before. We don't now. I can't defend Jarvis but I'm confident he'll have an upside that we haven't had in years. Timmons I like. And the secondary is slow. They are old. They get fewer and fewer int's every year and got torched Sunday. As much money as that group makes they aren't worth half that. They can all be replaced and I don't see how that hurts us. Old, slow, and tackle like women.

Brett wasn't behind smith, smith was an absolute master of the position at LDE, kiesel was a hell if a RDE. Everyone always said smith was underrated, but you can only be underrated so long before you are rated just fine. Keisel picked it up when smith kept going down. I do agree now, he's about done for but I don't think he's eating up too much cap.

There are problems in the secondary, wouldn't call them slow though

Thread Information