Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe for winning on D

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    1. You said a lot more than that[Ben has not had a good season].
    LOL Like what? People like you are weasels. You make accusations and do not even attempt to provide any evidence, even though it is easily attainable. It is your currency. Here is some more of what I "said" in the thread you are referring to:

My first statement:
    Ben is not playing well by any stretch. Yes, he is dealing with other issues but is also making terrible decisions and missing open receivers.
    Now a lot of this is not entirely Ben's fault. We all know what is going on with the O-Line etc.
    I have said numerous times that Ben is the best and most important player on the team. I defended his fumble at the end of the Bears game (he was getting sacked and they would not have gotten another play off anyway). I am not a "trade Ben" or "Ben sucks" guy. I welcome you to find posts where I have said otherwise.
    Which you never did. I wonder why? More:

It makes me someone who can look at his play rationally and say that he is part of the bigger problem, which is team wide.
    Again, I think Ben is better than ALL of these QBs and is the least of our problems. It is systemic. Ben playing better would help the rest of the offense and others on the offense playing better would help Ben. The problem is that some take mild criticism of Ben as a worse affront than B-slapping their mother.
    True, other factors are a part of it as well but you are not even smart enough to acknowledge that I am a Ben fan and generally defend him. I see the problems he has to deal with. If you would take your head out of the pillow and stop being his pillow biter, you would see where Ben has fallen short as well.
    Man, I really hate Ben, don't I? This took me about two minutes. I have invited you to come up with the evidence (quotes) that I hate Ben at least three times. You continue to provide none.

2. I was granting him his opinion as a means of demonstrating that regardless of his opinion being right or wrong, the team's failures are far deeper than Roethlisberger's performance as other QBs have performed worse and yet their teams are in better shape.
    Again, I can only laugh, as the more you talk the worse you sound. Yep, the team's failures are "far deeper" than Ben's performance, something I said quite clearly in the other thread and quoted again above. Why didn't you just agree with me then instead of picking a fight?

3. If it brings you that much joy to feel as though your opinion is fact, then by all means, please accept my apologies for disagreeing. you're correct.
    Nope, my opinions are not facts but they are supported WITH facts, a distinction that you seem unable to make.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    LOL Like what? People like you are weasels. You make accusations and do not even attempt to provide any evidence, even though it is easily attainable.
    Why should I waste my time providing evidence when we both know I was telling the truth the evidence was there for anyone to see. You did in fact say a lot more than just "Roethlisberger hasn't been playing well." You claimed he was missing receivers and I simply argued your claim by saying that Roethlisberger's completion percentage was at his career average and that expecting him to complete more passes would be unrealistic because he was already completing over 66 percent.

You want to keep chasing me around the forum and calling me names because I countered your claim with evidence regarding his completion percentage and made you look like a foolish amateur forum analyst?

Recipe for winning on D

31 points should win most games. Defense quit!!

Assistant Coach

Recipe for winning on D

Oh that looks familiar... Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    I have never seen a forum argue with each other as much as this one where every one has a common interest (Steelers) and fight about it. Every other reply is someone arguing with another member which is not constructive at all and will not be resolved over a message board. Go to a debate board if you want validation. I can see now why the forum is becoming dead because no one can make a post without getting ridiculed and called an idiot. This should be a place where fans can come together and cheer on the Steelers without getting attacked.

EDIT: Oh BTW, you can attack me but I won't be back on this particular thread to read any of them so don't waste your time typing it out.
    Last edited by SuperSteelers; 11-05-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I have never seen a forum argue with each other as much as this one where every one has a common interest (Steelers) and fight about it. Every other reply is someone arguing with another member which is not constructive at all and will not be resolved over a message board. Go to a debate board if you want validation. I can see now why the forum is becoming dead because no one can make a post without getting ridiculed and called an idiot. This should be a place where fans can come together and cheer on the Steelers without getting attacked.

EDIT: Oh BTW, you can attack me but I won't be back on this particular thread to read any of them so don't waste your time typing it out.
    You're absolutely right. It definitely is the reason people have stopped coming here. You have a handful of posters (mods included) who make it their duty to ridicule what everyone else says and question their intelligence just because the opinions of others differ from their own. Now when I first joined this forum, people were allowed to verbally tear those type of posters a new @sshole, but now the mods on here will give infractions to those who try that because they're part of the "everyone who disagrees with our opinion is dumb" group.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    A lot of the people that use to be on this forum went to another. They all got tired of the bickering, and the guy who use to run this forum runs that one.
    Last edited by Dean Denton; 11-05-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post

Very well said.....SA was started due to the fact that some of us older members of SA use to post on Steelersfever.com and got sick of how Fever was run.....What made SA great back in the day was all opinions were welcomed even if some posters said some off the wall things or if some fans were critical of the team/certain player.....We also had some classic debates back in the day and they also got out of hand at times but we still had respect for each other and respected each others opinions.....I had some classic battles with Teemont....lol Miss that guy...lol

Now this forums has turned into nothing more then constant arguing and we have all these wannabe experts around here now....We're all just fans and there is no football gurus on this site......How I miss the old days of SA with BRC, Koopa, Teemont, Ktrain, SF, Prosdo, AZSTeeler, H-Burg.....I know I have forgotten some names but that is when SA was the best Steelers site on the net...........

Recipe for winning on D

Trolls and lack of strict mods is why we have what we have right now. Too many non Steeler fans posting to fire everyone up.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Why should I waste my time providing evidence...
    Translation: You have none. Rule of thumb for an honest person: When you will not provide the evidence to support an assertion, it is almost always because it does not exist. Honest people are always willing to provide it.

...when we both know I was telling the truth the evidence was there for anyone to see.
    Then show it so that we can "see" it, just like I did.

You did in fact say a lot more than just "Roethlisberger hasn't been playing well." You claimed he was missing receivers...
    Actually, I said MORE than that (which I already provided above and will again because I am man enough to own my words). I said:
    Ben is not playing well by any stretch. Yes, he is dealing with other issues but is also making terrible decisions and missing open receivers.
    You cherry-picked one part of that and chose to ignore the rest, especially the multitude of quotes where I defended him. See my post above for the examples from just ONE thread.

...and I simply argued your claim by saying that Roethlisberger's completion percentage was at his career average and that expecting him to complete more passes would be unrealistic because he was already completing over 66 percent.
    I love it. When you disagree with someone, you "simply argued." When others disagree with you, they are "chasing" you, "ridiculing" you, and "questioning your intelligence" and you forget calling other posters "QB groupies" or "yapping like a woman." I guess the latter is reasoned and constructive debate? Or let me guess, everyone else started it!

Well,here is an old Kentucky saying for you. If you run into an a$$hole in the morning, you ran into an a$$hole. If you are running into a$$holes all day, YOU are the a$$hole.

You want to keep chasing me around the forum and calling me names because I countered your claim with evidence regarding his completion percentage and made you look like a foolish amateur forum analyst?
    Yep, you provided evidence. Weak, sorry evidence. You then told us how Ben's INT percentage was high this year because he has not thrown many TDs, which has NOTHING to do with INT percentage and undermines your narrative that he is playing as well as ever.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information