Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark: Dez backlash "unfair"

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Fans who don't like him find it easy just to tell him to "shut up" even though he speaks the truth. The truth is hard to swallow. Attacking someone like that is a defense mechanism that really does not address the point at hand. He speaks the truth on two accounts, let players be players on the sidelines, and the league does have double standards. Just because the cameras caught Dez B. ranting, that does not make it okay? That happens all the time on the sidelines, and the cameras don't catch it.

Some want Clark to shut up. We get it. He gets. Address his comments, not perceptions of the man! I personally don't have a problem with it, nor do I endorse it.

Ryan Clark talks too much. End of story. Most of the time he spews garbage that leaves me shaking my head.

Also, about the Dez/Brady issue, you have to take into the fact that:

Tom Brady is a veteran leader on a team full of young players. He's also the face of a franchise, possibly even the league.

Dez Bryant is a young guy, and a known hot-head with some past issues. OF COURSE THEY'LL BE PERCEIVED DIFFERENTLY!

Plus if Dez's message was so "positive" then why was Jason Witten (known as a great leader on that team) yelling and pointing at him, obviously very upset, on the sidelines to the point that Ware had to get in between them??? Riddle me that.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by Tango-9 View Post
    Clark? Pro-Tip: you get paid to be a cover corner. You suck at your job. How many picks do you have... uh... Oh yeah: Zero

I wish I could get paid to not do my job.

Most of you guys reading these posts have a better pick stat than this clown does. Shoot, I had 5 in 1 season and I was a skinny white guy (still am!). It ain't rocket surgery: predict the pass. Catch it. Done.
    1) he's a safety
    2) he has a pick this year

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Ryan Clark talks too much. End of story. Most of the time he spews garbage that leaves me shaking my head.

Tom Brady is a veteran leader on a team full of young players. He's also the face of a franchise, possibly even the league.

Dez Bryant is a young guy, and a known hot-head with some past issues. OF COURSE THEY'LL BE PERCEIVED DIFFERENTLY!

Plus if Dez's message was so "positive" then why was Jason Witten (known as a great leader on that team) yelling and pointing at him, obviously very upset, on the sidelines to the point that Ware had to get in between them??? Riddle me that.
    Even though it might not have been what it first appeared, and other teammates have said it was a heated exchange, Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said he had no problems with Dez Bryant.

Witten was shouting at Bryant late in Sunday’s loss to the Lions, trying to get him focused on the remaining 12 seconds, and Bryant fired back at him with equal vigor.

“There’s nobody I love playing with more on Sundays than Dez,” Witten said on KTCK The Ticket (via the Dallas Morning News).

“I was just reminding him there at the end there was still hope, still a chance and that he kind of just needed to let it go and let’s get focused back on these final few seconds.

“Wasn’t about getting [Bryant] the ball, . . . that’s not what kind of guy he is, . . . that’s why we love him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-on-sundays/

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Even though it might not have been what it first appeared, and other teammates have said it was a heated exchange, Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said he had no problems with Dez Bryant.

Witten was shouting at Bryant late in Sunday’s loss to the Lions, trying to get him focused on the remaining 12 seconds, and Bryant fired back at him with equal vigor.

“There’s nobody I love playing with more on Sundays than Dez,” Witten said on KTCK The Ticket (via the Dallas Morning News).

“I was just reminding him there at the end there was still hope, still a chance and that he kind of just needed to let it go and let’s get focused back on these final few seconds.

“Wasn’t about getting [Bryant] the ball, . . . that’s not what kind of guy he is, . . . that’s why we love him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-on-sundays/
    C'mon. That's just lip service and you know it. Of course a veteran leader like Witten is going to extinguish the situation. And I'm not saying that they're not "fine", but obviously something was said that rubbed Witten the wrong way. My point is that Dez's rant was not "all positive" as the media is now trying to back-pedal into.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    1) he's a safety
    2) he has a pick this year
    I know I know. Chalk it up to blind rage.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Ya gotta love a Cowboy Gumbuya.......Dez is such a Loveable Team Player......

Quote Originally Posted by Tango-9 View Post
    Clark? Pro-Tip: you get paid to be a cover corner. You suck at your job. How many picks do you have... uh... Oh yeah: Zero

I wish I could get paid to not do my job.

Most of you guys reading these posts have a better pick stat than this clown does. Shoot, I had 5 in 1 season and I was a skinny white guy (still am!). It ain't rocket surgery: predict the pass. Catch it. Done.
    This is so full of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post

OMG not yelling and pointing, anything but yelling in pointing

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He was acting like a douche but nothing to the point that I would call detrimental to the team. These guys are young and emotional and will go over the line on occasion. If it becomes a weekly issue, it may be a problem. Thus far, no big deal IMO.

I would love to have him on the Steelers.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information