Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by JackLambert View Post
    Cripes, you can't judge this now, with a team playing so poorly everywhere. The Front 3 is terrible. The offense is terrible and the CBs aren't very good. Has anyone seen Lamar?
    You mean the only guy on the defense that's gotten somewhat consistent pressure? He's seriously like the only guy out there putting pressure on opposing QBs.

Jarvis Jones

Jones has been demoted per Tomlins presser!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    I think this more about coaching, because the entire linebacking group hasn't played up to par if you ask me. The entire D hasn't. I mean yes sometimes Jarvis does look lost out there, like he's over playing a certain play or whatever. But Jones is the first rookie to play right away on D in a while. Im not ready to give up on him yet..

I think a lot of it is probably mental with Jarvis. He's been out of position/not executing his assignments a bit. He just needs some time.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I think a lot of it is probably mental with Jarvis. He's been out of position/not executing his assignments a bit. He just needs some time.
    Agree, not ready to write ship with him.. On a different do you guys think there will be any moves today? should there be? either for players or draft picks?? I feel they should trade Sanders, you already know he's going to leave at the end of the season. If we don't make a trade, Colbert has to be on the hot seat!!..

Draft Pick
    I can't believe that our entire team is that bad. Maybe Jones hasn't played up to potential and our offensive line is beat to hell and back but there is something wrong in river city with our coaching staff.
    Here is what kills me.
    #3 in total yards allowed
    #14 in Points allowed
    #3 in Passing
    But #23 in rushing yards allowed. I don't remember a team in recent years that has given up that many yards. To me, this is a glaring issue because it means we aren't adjusting to the teams where QB are mobile, so were playing the pass rather than defend the run.
    Perhaps it's time this team tells Lebeau its time to get on with his life's work. If Haley's offense doesn't adjust, regardless of who is injured, perhaps its time that he goes away too. His offense, since last year when we did have a better offensive line, we only played middle of the road football. Since he has arrived the Steelers are 11-13...we aren't going anywhere with this trend.

The entire team isn't that bad.

A lot of this has to do with inferior coaching across the board.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin hasn’t been afraid to shake up his lineup this season.

But the latest demotion was a guy who was supposed to make an immediate impact.

According to Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, first-round pick Jarvis Jones has been replaced by Jason Worilds.

The 17th overall pick was elevated to the starting lineup after one game, but has now given the outside linebacker job away.

“He’s just not doing enough detail work right now and Jason Worilds is,” Tomlin said of Jones. “That’s the reality of it. There is more detail in Worilds’ work right now than Jarvis.”

Worilds started and played 52 snaps Sunday at Oakland, to Jones’ 11.

For the season, they have a sack between them, and that one belongs to Worilds. That’s hardly what they were expecting when they tried to get James Harrison to take a pay cut and then sent him packing.

The fact Worilds didn’t hold Jones off long and hasn’t been particularly productive also leaves the door open for Jones to get back in the lineup.

“He’s got to play better from an assignment standpoint,” Tomlin said. “If he can do that he’ll be given an opportunity to do that now.”

The move marks the fifth time Tomlin has made a switch to the starting lineup, which isn’t the worst idea when a team is 2-5.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jarvis-jones/

Jones will be fine long term. No worries.

Thread Information