Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones

Bookmark and Share

Jarvis Jones

I thought there was no way a guy so dominant in college would have no meaningful impact midway through the season. I'll give him a pass for the first few games to get acclimated to NFL speed; but our replacement for James Harrison finishing with stat lines like 0 solos and 1 A? Remember when Harrison made it routine to have games with 5+ solos, 2 assists, a sack and FF?

There is something seriously wrong with our linebackers. They're playing too soft, conservative and not making plays on the ball. There's no fire anywhere in our core; Woodley included. They're are supposed to be play makers and I see them holding lanes and titty jousting like they're defensive lineman. I don't know if it's Dick or our Butler. It's inexcusable for no one to be making turnovers. Tomlin is just sitting there expecting a different result with the same philosophy game in and game out. It just seems to me that Captain Obvious is making small adjustments here and there thinking that we only lost a 3 point game that we would have won if Suisham would have made those 2 field goals. In reality, we should have been blown away by the way we played.

Jarvis played a total of 11 snaps against Oakland...

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    19 tackles through 6 games. No sacks, no picks, and 1 hard hit. No exactly what you're looking for with a 'steal' in the first round.

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    The coaching on the Steelers right now is nothing short of atrocious.

Both sides of the ball.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

He hasn't been impressive at all really.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Jarvis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Yes, but you have to ask yourself why he only played 11 snaps. Someone with his pedigree should beat out Worilds fairly easily.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

I think and hope he will be fine. Who knows though.

Veteran
    I was curious about Jones play time this past game as well. I'm not sure if he was nursing an injury or the coaches felt he's not quite ready to take on the bulk of the play time.

However, he's getting a lot more play time than a rookie typically does in our defensive scheme. It's far too early to panic though. I'm happy he's getting as much play time as he is, and expect him to improve his understanding and in the off season, work hard to get stronger, which is typical for the first off-season.

We'll talk again in 2015 and then we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I was curious about Jones play time this past game as well. I'm not sure if he was nursing an injury or the coaches felt he's not quite ready to take on the bulk of the play time.

However, he's getting a lot more play time than a rookie typically does in our defensive scheme. It's far too early to panic though. I'm happy he's getting as much play time as he is, and expect him to improve his understanding and in the off season, work hard to get stronger, which is typical for the first off-season.

We'll talk again in 2015 and then we'll see.
    I think that he has to put on a bunch of weight in the offseason. Right now, he just aint strong enough. And he REALLY need to work on his first step. He is painfully slow off the line.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Draft Pick
    Cripes, you can't judge this now, with a team playing so poorly everywhere. The Front 3 is terrible. The offense is terrible and the CBs aren't very good. Has anyone seen Lamar?

Thread Information