Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now that the Steelers season is over

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    I wonder what Tomlin will take out of the " Game room " after yesterdays loss ?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Don't think there is anything left to take.......Coach Cliche is a clown....

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    This ^^^^^^
    Amen. This is the most heartless Steeler team in history.

Losing is ok, but all I ask is you bring the pain. Hit someone ffs.

I got nothin'

Fire or don't fire anyone. I'm 2 losses away from not giving a ****

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Hopefully he'll take his nametag off the door when he packs up and leaves.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango-9 View Post
    Amen. This is the most heartless Steeler team in history.

Losing is ok, but all I ask is you bring the pain. Hit someone ffs.

I got nothin'

Fire or don't fire anyone. I'm 2 losses away from not giving a ****
    Probably one loss too many. At 2-5 you're in the fire, at 2-6 you're toast.
    STEELSPIKES

Banned
    Tomlin wont even lose his job after this season. Lets be realistic here. The Rooneys will be TO patient with him.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    The Rooneys won't fire Tomlin, and I have news for you the Steelers won't be relevant again until the Rooneys sell the team or change their mindset to a sports mind not a Political Tool......The Steelers are now a toy for ARII they are totally into politics and make enough $$$$ from the other interests such as the Race Tracks etc etc......As long as fools fill up Heinz Field on Sunday the Rooneys could care less.....I would love to see Mark Cuban come in and take this Organization to the next level, and let the Rooneys play Politics.......Bash Away Rooneyites......The Old Man is rolling in his grave right now........

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    The Rooneys won't fire Tomlin, and I have news for you the Steelers won't be relevant again until the Rooneys sell the team or change their mindset to a sports mind not a Political Tool......The Steelers are now a toy for ARII they are totally into politics and make enough $$$$ from the other interests such as the Race Tracks etc etc......As long as fools fill up Heinz Field on Sunday the Rooneys could care less.....I would love to see Mark Cuban come in and take this Organization to the next level, and let the Rooneys play Politics.......Bash Away Rooneyites......The Old Man is rolling in his grave right now........
    That is all a red herring. The Rooneys and "politics" have nothing to do with the team's failures. Nor do the racetracks, etc.

It is not like the Rooneys are hoarding money. They are up against the salary cap every year and have to get creative to be in compliance. The problem is some poor drafts and decisions on who to spend that cap space on, neither of which are generally Rooney decisions.

And the next level? In addition to being a douche (there is a reason that MLB has done anything to keep him out), the Mavs have won one championship since Cuban took over in 2000. The Steelers have been to three SBs and won two during the same timeframe. We are just in part of a natural cycle, when a championship team gets older, the vets do not perform up to their contracts, and drafting has seen mixed results.

Expecting more is just Steelers fans being spoiled.

Draft Pick
    I agree with Flats, yes of course the Rooneys want the Steelers to win, but that's not the old man's main focus right now. He was a member of the Obama Admin. and supporting his policies take precedent over running the Steelers. I remember when on the podium right after we won the Super Bowl against the Cards that the first person that Dan thanked was Barak Obama. I remember friends I was watching the game with were wondering what the heck did Obama or any other politician have to do with the Steelers winning the game.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    I agree with Flats, yes of course the Rooneys want the Steelers to win, but that's not the old man's main focus right now. He was a member of the Obama Admin. and supporting his policies take precedent over running the Steelers. I remember when on the podium right after we won the Super Bowl against the Cards that the first person that Dan thanked was Barak Obama. I remember friends I was watching the game with were wondering what the heck did Obama or any other politician have to do with the Steelers winning the game.
    Please, explain specifically how his support for BO has impacted the Pittsburgh Steelers. Did being in Ireland mean the Steelers drafted the wrong guys? Did he forget to sign paychecks so the Steelers went on strike and forfeited a game? Did thanking BO after the SB make the team play less hard the next season?

Rooney is an administrator (if that), nothing more. Lil' Art, Colbert, Tomlin, et al. make all of the football decisions that count.

Thread Information