Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Paranoid

Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Mike Tomlin is a "by the book" sort of coach. This is how he avoids criticism and risk. But he falls short in sensing what a team truly needs at a given time. There are times other than the end of games (when often it's too late) to take risks.Case in point: Fourth-and-one in the Red Zone just before Halftime vs. the Raiders, losing 21-3. Why not try to punch it in for a TD? A field goal before Halftime is hardly a huge morale boost.
    As we all know, the unlikely miss by Suisham ended up being a huge downer. I understand "the book" states that you take the FG in that situation. But the great coaches (like Belichick) understand that at times you throw out the book. Bottom line is that Tomlin doesn't trust this offense to gain a crucial 4th-and-1. Sometimes a coach needs to take a risk in order to instill confidence. The Steelers emotionally needed a TD before Halftime; not another logical lame field goal.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 10-28-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    STEELSPIKES

Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Face the facts the offense sucks ssa! Until they can score TD's and not FG attempts we'll continue to lose!

Tomlin is in over his head, he has no fn clue!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Face the facts the offense sucks ssa! Until they can score TD's and not FG attempts we'll continue to lose!

Tomlin is in over his head, he has no fn clue!!
    He should be going the way of Singletary as a HC...

My Mood
    Woot
    The offense lacks talent and the defense is aging.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Fourth-and-one in the Red Zone just before Halftime vs. the Raiders, losing 21-3. Why not try to punch it in for a TD?
    What was our yards per carry yesterday? Our O-line was a mess. We had a kicker who was perfect before yesterday. We needed points. It was the right call.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Tomlin 0-7 on the West Coast.......Plus look at how Tomlin mishandled the London trip......Coach Cliche is just a clueless dolt....His teams are consistently not prepared especially for games traveling to the West Coast or across the pond....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Tomlin 0-7 on the West Coast.......Plus look at how Tomlin mishandled the London trip......Coach Cliche is just a clueless dolt....His teams are consistently not prepared especially for games traveling to the West Coast or across the pond....
    Just a ?. They flew to Oakland saturday. Shouldnt they have gotten to Oakland on friday? Or is that the norm?

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Just a ?. They flew to Oakland saturday. Shouldnt they have gotten to Oakland on friday? Or is that the norm?
    Charlie Batch on his radio show said that usually teams fly out early for coast to coast trips but it was thought it wasn't a good idea since this team had curfew problems in the past when they had done so....Things like that just prove that Tomlin really has no control on his team and really the players don't respect him as HC.....Coach Cliche is a fraud and always has been....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Charlie Batch on his radio show said that usually teams fly out early for coast to coast trips but it was thought it wasn't a good idea since this team had curfew problems in the past when they had done so....Things like that just prove that Tomlin really has no control on his team and really the players don't respect him as HC.....Coach Cliche is a fraud and always has been....
    Ok, I thought they were suppose to get there friday. Seriously, grown men cant get back for a curfew who makes millions of dollars. Sad.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ok, I thought they were suppose to get there friday. Seriously, grown men cant get back for a curfew who makes millions of dollars. Sad.
    I agree with you its very sad but at the sametime I just think it shows that really Mike Tomlin has no control at all and is a complete joke.....

Thread Information