Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Draft Pick steelspikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    434
    My Mood
    Paranoid

    Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

    Mike Tomlin is a "by the book" sort of coach. This is how he avoids criticism and risk. But he falls short in sensing what a team truly needs at a given time. There are times other than the end of games (when often it's too late) to take risks.Case in point: Fourth-and-one in the Red Zone just before Halftime vs. the Raiders, losing 21-3. Why not try to punch it in for a TD? A field goal before Halftime is hardly a huge morale boost.
    As we all know, the unlikely miss by Suisham ended up being a huge downer. I understand "the book" states that you take the FG in that situation. But the great coaches (like Belichick) understand that at times you throw out the book. Bottom line is that Tomlin doesn't trust this offense to gain a crucial 4th-and-1. Sometimes a coach needs to take a risk in order to instill confidence. The Steelers emotionally needed a TD before Halftime; not another logical lame field goal.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 10-28-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    STEELSPIKES

  2. #2
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,321

    Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

    Face the facts the offense sucks ssa! Until they can score TD's and not FG attempts we'll continue to lose!

    Tomlin is in over his head, he has no fn clue!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  3. #3
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Face the facts the offense sucks ssa! Until they can score TD's and not FG attempts we'll continue to lose!

    Tomlin is in over his head, he has no fn clue!!
    He should be going the way of Singletary as a HC...

  4. #4
    Starter SuperSteelers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas (gamble town)
    Posts
    1,490
    My Mood
    Woot
    The offense lacks talent and the defense is aging.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

  5. #5
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,594
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Fourth-and-one in the Red Zone just before Halftime vs. the Raiders, losing 21-3. Why not try to punch it in for a TD?
    What was our yards per carry yesterday? Our O-line was a mess. We had a kicker who was perfect before yesterday. We needed points. It was the right call.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  6. #6
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Tomlin 0-7 on the West Coast.......Plus look at how Tomlin mishandled the London trip......Coach Cliche is just a clueless dolt....His teams are consistently not prepared especially for games traveling to the West Coast or across the pond....

  7. #7
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Tomlin 0-7 on the West Coast.......Plus look at how Tomlin mishandled the London trip......Coach Cliche is just a clueless dolt....His teams are consistently not prepared especially for games traveling to the West Coast or across the pond....
    Just a ?. They flew to Oakland saturday. Shouldnt they have gotten to Oakland on friday? Or is that the norm?

  8. #8
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Just a ?. They flew to Oakland saturday. Shouldnt they have gotten to Oakland on friday? Or is that the norm?
    Charlie Batch on his radio show said that usually teams fly out early for coast to coast trips but it was thought it wasn't a good idea since this team had curfew problems in the past when they had done so....Things like that just prove that Tomlin really has no control on his team and really the players don't respect him as HC.....Coach Cliche is a fraud and always has been....

  9. #9
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Charlie Batch on his radio show said that usually teams fly out early for coast to coast trips but it was thought it wasn't a good idea since this team had curfew problems in the past when they had done so....Things like that just prove that Tomlin really has no control on his team and really the players don't respect him as HC.....Coach Cliche is a fraud and always has been....
    Ok, I thought they were suppose to get there friday. Seriously, grown men cant get back for a curfew who makes millions of dollars. Sad.

  10. #10
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ok, I thought they were suppose to get there friday. Seriously, grown men cant get back for a curfew who makes millions of dollars. Sad.
    I agree with you its very sad but at the sametime I just think it shows that really Mike Tomlin has no control at all and is a complete joke.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers run game lacks results.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 08:14 AM
  2. Steelers camp lacks Super Bowl reminders
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 09:40 PM
  3. Super Bowl lacks luster without Steelers
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •