Thread: Game of "Musical-Chairs for Punters" Backfires Big-Time!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

Game of "Musical-Chairs for Punters" Backfires Big-Time!

One of MT's favorite games of 2013: His version of "Musical Chairs for Punters," has been deadly for the Steelers. The poor punt by McBrian that set-up Edelman's big return tonight pretty much sunk whatever remaining hopes the team had for a comeback. The whole decision-making process surrounding the Steeler's punter has been bizarre this season, to say the least. You work with two guys in camp, one supposedly wins the job,and then you bring in a guy who lost his competition with another team. That doesn't work out, so you bring in another team's reject. And at a key moment in possibly the most crucial game of the season, he falls short and it costs you big-time.
    Tomlin's competency to be a head coach is really in question now. (I know, it probably has been for quite a while.)
    Punter is a position often overlooked; Tomlin seems to have little regard for them. But at crucial moments a good one
    or a bad one can make all the difference in the world. The whole decision-making process (or indecision process) really makes me think that Tomlin was the one behind the decision to launch the Obamacare website on Oct. 1.
    Steelers are now 4-11 in last 15 games going back to last season. Rooney's are too cheap to eat MT's long term deal, which is more and more looking like a really bad deal for the team and all the Steeler faithful.
    STEELSPIKES

Banned
    Yeah that guy clearly got no lift or drives on his punts at all today. Which is probably why he was Unemployed for half the season. Another Brilliant move by Tomlin and company.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree McBriar's punt when it was 27-24 was the key point in the game when it was a short one and Edelmen returned it to the Steelers 33. This punting situation is bizarre indeed and Im with you that Tomlin has no idea what he is doing in this situation as well much like he has no idea what he is doing in any other situation.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I agree McBriar's punt when it was 27-24 was the key point in the game when it was a short one and Edelmen returned it to the Steelers 33. This punting situation is bizarre indeed and Im with you that Tomlin has no idea what he is doing in this situation as well much like he has no idea what he is doing in any other situation.
    They lose this game if he kicks it 65 yards and it is fair caught. It did not help (it was a horrible kick for sure) but the "key point" of the game was every time they were on D and did not cover, tackle, etc. The last TD was absolutely embarrassing.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Are we really blaming the punter?? Lol if so!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    That whole 4th quarter was embarrassing the Dobson TD after it was 41-31 and Blount dragging guys like Hood and McClendon in the end zone that last TD was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Dude had one horrible punt but his others were respectable. I believe a 49 yarder that was fair caught and a 51 yarder that was fair caught. Don't remember if he punted more than those 3 times.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Are we really blaming the punter?? Lol if so!
    Just an example of Tomlin's incompetence. We lose, of course, regardless of this bad punt. But it seemed to take the air out of the Steelers' attempted comeback.
    STEELSPIKES

Thread Information