Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Tomlin will blame the sun and the moon next. He's clueless to game preparation, motivating players, and clock management.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Rookie Free Agent
    Like a lot of you guys, I've bee a Steeler fan since I was old enough to walk.

To a lot of us, it's not just a football team, it's a city where we have family and history.

I'll try to make this short.

I remember the bad old days in the 80's when we just were horrible. And then the Cowher era gave us hope. Not because Cowher was perfect, but because he lit a fire under some tails (until his wife put his cajones back in the jar on the nightstand... that's another story).

Even then, on a bad day, Carnell Lake would snatch one out of the air, Dennis Green would just come out of nowhere and put the wood to someone in the backfield. Rod Woodson was a monster. Jerome would bust one free, high stepping and not run out of bounds but steamroll a safety.

Today, this team? This coach?

none of that. Lukewarm, disheartened, defeated.

I cancelled my DirecTV and sunday ticket 2 weeks ago, and I haven't missed a steelers game since 1994 when my dad died. The worst part is I don't regret it.

No.

Heart.

The losing I can deal with. Ups and downs. It happens. What I have a problem with is.... have you watched the games? You can see in the body language and each individual play that these guys are just going through the motions. No heart. No desire. Just getting a paycheck.
    Last edited by Tango-9; 11-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Dennis green? Vikings old coach? I wasn't always the biggest cowher fan either. But the guy knows the game. He did the play by play a few weeks ago and he is very intelligent. Tomlin makes many decisions during the game that cost us. He seems very desperate right now. Makes bold moves etc.

But in reality a coach is still only as good as his players, when cowher had some bad years in the later 90s, the team had been decimated by free agency. And kordell Stewart was struggling mightily.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Rookie Free Agent
    LOL dennis green! the forgettable guy with the blonde hair... Kevin wasn't it?

I so suck with names.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I figured it was either Kevin or eric. Lol. Dennis green, we are who we thought they were? Lol
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Bill Coward suffered the same problems as Tomlin, FG's instead of 7 points in the redzone, couldn't win a championship until his 15th year coaching, Tomlin has been to 2 in 7 years and this is his first losing season, so what was Cowards problem seeing that he had much more talented teams that Tomlin has? i'm waiting...SMGDH

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HUNT4SEVEN View Post
    Bill Coward suffered the same problems as Tomlin, FG's instead of 7 points in the redzone, couldn't win a championship until his 15th year coaching, Tomlin has been to 2 in 7 years and this is his first losing season, so what was Cowards problem seeing that he had much more talented teams that Tomlin has? i'm waiting...SMGDH
    Bill Coward couldn't score TDs or win anything with Bubby Brister, Kent Grahm, Tommy Maddox, Niel O'Donnel and Kordell Stewart, but went to an AFC conference game in Roethlisberger's rookie year and won a SB in his second year. Only time a second year QB won a SB.

No doubt that Cowher was overly conservative when it came to scoring, but his hand was forced with the QBs he had, whether those QBs were his fault is besides the point. He had a great rushing game and amazing defense. No reason to allow sloppy QBs to air it out and risk turnovers. Something O'Donnell loved doing as we all remember.

Tomlin already has the hardest thign to find in the NFL: a franchise QB.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 11-04-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Tomlin is over his head and it shows.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Tomlin is over his head and it shows.
    Clearly. MT was fast-tracked into Head Coach by socially-progressive Rooneys. For first few years he thrived on what Cowher had built. Now that that era is largely past, he is struggling; he is being exposed as a man who lacks the adequate experience and talent to be a top-flight NFL coach. As long as he remains, I fear Steelers are doomed to mediocrity or worse. Team is 4-11 in last 15 regular season games.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Impatient
    Tomlin is living with the results of a learning curve in drafting. His drafts have gotten better and he just needs to keep going. He was a new HC and with that there is always a learning curve.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thread Information