Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I think the impact of a 3 hour time difference is over stated (though I agree they should have gone Friday instead of Saturday.)
    Agreed. they played at 4 PM Eastern, not a time when they should be tired (in contrast, a team coming east for a 1 PM kickoff is playing at 10:00 AM according to their 'body clock"). The travel "fatigue" thing is overstated. This is not the 1940's when they would spend 24-48 hours on a cramped train.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Agreed. they played at 4 PM Eastern, not a time when they should be tired (in contrast, a team coming east for a 1 PM kickoff is playing at 10:00 AM according to their 'body clock"). The travel "fatigue" thing is overstated. This is not the 1940's when they would spend 24-48 hours on a cramped train.
    Jet lag has been shown to be more prevalent the 2nd day of travel, which for us would have been on Sunday. Also there has been a lot of analysis lately showing more teams traveling from east to west performing as poorly if not more as the opposite, that it may take more discipline. They did play at 4 EST but it was 1 local time which is the time their used to kicking off, purely from a looking at the clock perspective. If a player is used to going to bed at 11pm say, 11pm in Oakland would be like going to bed at 2am back home, and yet you are still kicking off at 1pm (locally). That would leave you 3 hours short of rest, which LOL was about how long it took the Steelers to wake up and start playing. I know the math doesn't work, I'm just floored by thinking of how bad we're playing.

It sounds like a riddiculous notion, and maybe it is. As another poster said, all teams have to travel, and that's true, but perhaps they put more planning and preparation into travel plans. Either way there is no excuse for not being prepared to play the instant you walk out of the tunnel. If that's on the players, the coaches, who knows. For all we know the Rooneys may have the team travel out only a day earlier to save on travel expenses, and save ten thousand dollars, I wouldn't doubt it.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The clock management by Tomlin and just his inability to think on the fly as you mentioned to start this thread at key times in the game is just non-existent. You never see Tomlin ever communicating or talking to any of his coaches or players on the sideline at any point in the game. I started a separate thread about this but this Steelers team losing to all of these bad teams going all the way back to last year is starting to become a trend and a very ugly one at that. It's hard to imagine this team with as up and down as they are week to week going 6-3 the last 9 games and getting to 8-8. This game against the Patriots this weekend if the Steelers dont win will officially in my opinion put any talk of still remotely competing for that last wildcard playoff spot to rest. The Steelers got a ton of help yesterday in the pathetic AFC wildcard picture and could have jumped to a 1/2 and 1 full game behind the Chargers and Jets for the 6th wildcard spot with a win but much like always under Mike Tomlin the last few seasons this team simply fails to get the job done when they absolutely need too the most.
    Agree with your Playoff assessment that loss this week effectively ends remaining possibility. Especially with remaining road games vs. GB and Ravens, not to mention Cincy & Det. @ home.
    STEELSPIKES

Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Steelers got help??? Did I read that right?? This team sucks 2-5 and will be lucky to win 6 games. Forget playoff talk, who do we draft top 8??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Are the Steelers the only team that travels? I did not know that.

This is as lame excuse by Tomlin as I have ever heard.

Draft Pick
    I say give John Gruden whatever he wants and let the era of "Chuckie" begin. If anything at least he would light a fire under their asses!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Are the Steelers the only team that travels? I did not know that.

This is as lame excuse by Tomlin as I have ever heard.
    Wow. Now he's grasping at lame excuses.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Tomlin is stupid.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Tomlin is hitting new lows. Even for him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Tomlin is hitting new lows. Even for him.
    Next man up!!! O wait, we have to wait another 4-6 years

Thread Information