Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ok, I thought they were suppose to get there friday. Seriously, grown men cant get back for a curfew who makes millions of dollars. Sad.
    I agree with you its very sad but at the sametime I just think it shows that really Mike Tomlin has no control at all and is a complete joke.....

Draft Pick
    Even the announcers said in the first half that the Steelers must have fallen asleep on the plane ride over and no one has woken them up yet. This has to fall on Tomlin for not having them ready.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Tomlin 0-7 on the West Coast.......Plus look at how Tomlin mishandled the London trip......Coach Cliche is just a clueless dolt....His teams are consistently not prepared especially for games traveling to the West Coast or across the pond....
    This^^^^

But seriously traveling west should not hurt an east coast team as much as traveling east hurts a west coast team.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The clock management by Tomlin and just his inability to think on the fly as you mentioned to start this thread at key times in the game is just non-existent. You never see Tomlin ever communicating or talking to any of his coaches or players on the sideline at any point in the game. I started a separate thread about this but this Steelers team losing to all of these bad teams going all the way back to last year is starting to become a trend and a very ugly one at that. It's hard to imagine this team with as up and down as they are week to week going 6-3 the last 9 games and getting to 8-8. This game against the Patriots this weekend if the Steelers dont win will officially in my opinion put any talk of still remotely competing for that last wildcard playoff spot to rest. The Steelers got a ton of help yesterday in the pathetic AFC wildcard picture and could have jumped to a 1/2 and 1 full game behind the Chargers and Jets for the 6th wildcard spot with a win but much like always under Mike Tomlin the last few seasons this team simply fails to get the job done when they absolutely need too the most.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    This^^^^

But seriously traveling west should not hurt an east coast team as much as traveling east hurts a west coast team.
    You'd think; but Steelers can't ever seem to get a win in "the Black Hole," in Oakland.
    STEELSPIKES

Tomlin Lacks Emotional Sense of Game

Yea because we're the only team that travels. F that Tomlin is a douche!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

The norm for this team the past few seasons is, they start off slow as ****. They dont get anything going anymore until the 2nd half. No motivation until they say " Oh ****, we're down by 2 scores"

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Mike Tomlin is a "by the book" sort of coach. This is how he avoids criticism and risk. But he falls short in sensing what a team truly needs at a given time.

Interesting observation, and very true. All too often, Tomlin (aka Capt. Cliche') appears mechanical in how he goes about his business as a HC. As much as he wants to be thought of as a "players coach" .... I honestly don't think the players know where he's coming from at times. They don't "feel his vibe" if you will.

Haley will be shown the door first. If the team still appears to be operating like a rudder-less ship, Tomlin will be on the hot seat.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The clock management by Tomlin and just his inability to think on the fly as you mentioned to start this thread at key times in the game is just non-existent.
    Agreed - he might be good at X's and O's on a chalkboard during the week, but come gametime, he is committed to his gameplan. When it fails, he sticks to it and refuses to change with the ebb and flow of what the other team and circumstances present.
    Gumbands

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I think the impact of a 3 hour time difference is over stated (though I agree they should have gone Friday instead of Saturday.)

Thread Information