Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So sick of this team losing to inferior competition...

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Ben is not playing well by any stretch. Yes, he is dealing with other issues but is also making terrible decisions and missing open receivers.

His completion percentage for the season is just over 66 percent. Aaron Rodgers is just over 67 percent. Gane by game, Roethlisberger has had two games where his completion percentage was less than 60 percent.

You and the few others on this site who keep bitching and moaning about Roethlisberger missing receivers sound like one of two possible individuals:

a) someone who is expecting a player to play better than the best players in the league and carry the team on his shoulder.

b) someone that is dumb and has no idea what they're talking about.

Roethlisberger is not completing anymore passes than he already is. It's like asking a .325 hitter in baseball to get more hits. It's unreasonable and unrealistic.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

So sick of this team losing to inferior competition...

Yeah, completing passes in the 3rd and 4th quarter when we are behind and the defense is playing soft. Stop ball washing.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Yeah, completing passes in the 3rd and 4th quarter when we are behind and the defense is playing soft. Stop ball washing.

Take garbage time stats into account for all games and all seasons and for all players. He's completion percentage this season is right around his career average and he's been over 60 percent in 5 out of 7 games.

I'll keep ball washing while you keep looking like an absolute moron arguing with cold hard stats.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Plus how many dropped passes by WR's this year?.........Miller even dropped a TD yesterday but Ben did end up hitting Sanders for a TD after avoiding major pressure once again for the TD....Just cracks me up that so many people just expect Ben to play perfect behind a OL once again that is ruined by injuries and very poor play at times, the three stooges at RB before Bell was healthy, inconsistent play at times by his WR's who continue to drop perfect passes by Ben......Again I'm critical of Ben when its warranted.....His play against the Bears were he carried the football so lose against a Bears D known for creating fumbles was just stupid on his part, the Bengals game Ben looked rattled and scared at times, yesterday Ben taking that time out was a very dumb move on his part for a 10 year vet but still some of our fans just crack me up that continue to knock Ben but will always give Troy P. praise....Oh Troy flies around with his pretty hair and finally made an INT that was gifted wrapped by Pryor......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Plus how many dropped passes by WR's this year?.........Miller even dropped a TD yesterday but Ben did end up hitting Sanders for a TD after avoiding major pressure once again for the TD....Just cracks me up that so many people just expect Ben to play perfect behind a OL once again that is ruined by injuries and very poor play at times, the three stooges at RB before Bell was healthy, inconsistent play at times by his WR's who continue to drop perfect passes by Ben......Again I'm critical of Ben when its warranted.....His play against the Bears were he carried the football so lose against a Bears D known for creating fumbles was just stupid on his part, the Bengals game Ben looked rattled and scared at times, yesterday Ben taking that time out was a very dumb move on his part for a 10 year vet but still some of our fans just crack me up that continue to knock Ben but will always give Troy P. praise....Oh Troy flies around with his pretty hair and finally made an INT that was gifted wrapped by Pryor......
    While you cannot fault Ben for all the dropped passes, I think we've seen a bunch which has been thrown way behind of their target. Yes, a WR should be able to catch a ball thrown a bit behind, but Big Ben should be able to put it infront of them on a slant. Furthermore, he has totally gone away from using his checkdown receiver. This was especially true against Oakland. Sure, he is not getting very good protection, but he is not helping himself at all either. Just keep throwing the short checkdowns and eventually the defense will have to account for it.

Now, I do not think its fair to say that he shouldn't be stressed in the pocket with the beating he has been taking, but he just looks like a different person right now.

Some will probably come throwing around with some stats now. I know Ben is right on his season average, but those stats only tell you so much. Ben is not making the same clutch decisions which we've come to know him for. He is picking up yardage, but its usually in the middle of the field. He stalls when he reaches the Red Zone, he misses open throws and so on.

Again, some of the blame has to go to the receivers and o-line, and Haley is not without fault either for conjuring up a terrible gameplay game in and game out. That said, Ben has been worse than usual this season.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Dude, what is with you and Troy, He has been one of the bright spots on defense this whole season. Troy was criticized when he wasn't up to par the past couple seasons, maybe not as much as Ben. But there is much added pressure/criticism when talking about a QB rather than a S

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Take garbage time stats into account for all games and all seasons and for all players. He's completion percentage this season is right around his career average and he's been over 60 percent in 5 out of 7 games.

I'll keep ball washing while you keep looking like an absolute moron arguing with cold hard stats.
    LOL Uh, YOU are the only one that has argued "cold hard stats" up to this point.

If you cannot figure out that a 2-5 team plays from behind far more often than a perennial playoff team, there is no hope for you. But if you want stats, do not cherry pick.

Most yards in a game this season-Chicago (Behind all game)
    Second most yards in a game this season-Minnesota (Behind all game)
    Third most yards in a game this season-Oakland (Behind all game)
    Fourth most yards in a game this season-Cincy (Behind all game)
    3rd worst QB rating of his career thus far.
    On pace for second most INTs of his career (only the ridiculous 23 in 2006 is safe)
    On pace for 17 TDs, tied for the worst of his career including 2005 and 2010 when he only played 12 games
    None of that is even reflected by him being a fumble machine that he was earlier this year

Now a lot of this is not entirely Ben's fault. We all know what is going on with the O-Line etc. but cherry picking stats that like you did is absurd. As I have shown, I can easily do the same to make him look worse than he is.

And look at my posts in the previous weeks. I have said numerous times that Ben is the best and most important player on the team. I defended his fumble at the end of the Bears game (he was getting sacked and they would not have gotten another play off anyway). I am not a "trade Ben" or "Ben sucks" guy. I welcome you to find posts where I have said otherwise. Just because I do not have an irrational urge to suck your boy toy's toes does not make me a moron. It makes me someone who can look at his play rationally and say that he is part of the bigger problem, which is team wide.

There are very few players who have played "up to the standard" this season. Ben is not one of them.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Plus how many dropped passes by WR's this year?.........Miller even dropped a TD yesterday but Ben did end up hitting Sanders for a TD after avoiding major pressure once again for the TD....
    Wallace, Sanders, and AB did not drop any passes last season?

Just cracks me up that so many people just expect Ben to play perfect behind a OL once again that is ruined by injuries and very poor play at times, the three stooges at RB before Bell was healthy, inconsistent play at times by his WR's who continue to drop perfect passes by Ben......
    Again, most of these problems are lingering from times when Ben was playing much better. Not to mention, I have never expected Ben to "play perfect" by any stretch of the imagination. That is 100 percent straw man.

Again I'm critical of Ben when its warranted.....His play against the Bears were he carried the football so lose against a Bears D known for creating fumbles was just stupid on his part, the Bengals game Ben looked rattled and scared at times, yesterday Ben taking that time out was a very dumb move on his part for a 10 year vet but still some of our fans just crack me up that continue to knock Ben but will always give Troy P. praise....Oh Troy flies around with his pretty hair and finally made an INT that was gifted wrapped by Pryor......
    You are far more irrational about Troy than any poster on this board is about Ben.

Banned
    LOL Uh, YOU are the only one that has argued "cold hard stats" up to this point.

If you cannot figure out that a 2-5 team plays from behind far more often than a perennial playoff team, there is no hope for you. But if you want stats, do not cherry pick.

Most yards in a game this season-Chicago (Behind all game)
    Second most yards in a game this season-Minnesota (Behind all game)
    Third most yards in a game this season-Oakland (Behind all game)
    Fourth most yards in a game this season-Cincy (Behind all game)
    3rd worst QB rating of his career thus far.
    On pace for second most INTs of his career (only the ridiculous 23 in 2006 is safe)
    On pace for 17 TDs, tied for the worst of his career including 2005 and 2010 when he only played 12 games
    None of that is even reflected by him being a fumble machine that he was earlier this year

Now a lot of this is not entirely Ben's fault. We all know what is going on with the O-Line etc. but cherry picking stats that like you did is absurd. As I have shown, I can easily do the same to make him look worse than he is.

And look at my posts in the previous weeks. I have said numerous times that Ben is the best and most important player on the team. I defended his fumble at the end of the Bears game (he was getting sacked and they would not have gotten another play off anyway). I am not a "trade Ben" or "Ben sucks" guy. I welcome you to find posts where I have said otherwise. Just because I do not have an irrational urge to suck your boy toy's toes does not make me a moron. It makes me someone who can look at his play rationally and say that he is part of the bigger problem, which is team wide.

There are very few players who have played "up to the standard" this season. Ben is not one of them.

I didn't cherry pick stats. The discussion was whether he was hitting his receivers. None of the stats you posted (many with worthless projected stats) measure whether or not he's hitting his receivers like simple completion percentage. Once again, since you've been schooled like the fool you are, his CURRENT COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS OVER 66 PERCENT. HE'S AT HIS CAREER AVERAGE.

Claiming it's due to the circumstances of the game is a nonsensical argument. Those circumstances must be consisdered a constant for all players at all times. It's part of the game and the numbers. Half of Mannings stats are stat padding garbage time stats, but it's part of his overall numbers.

If Roetglisberger wasn't missing the receivers he's been missing, then he would be playing better than ever before, whiich makes no sense since he should be getting worse given his age.

Stop staring at the QBs *** for 60 minutes. 10 other guys on the field.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 10-29-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    He stalls when he reaches the Red Zone, he misses open throws and so on.

The whole team stalls in the redzone. That's a Steelers problem, not just a Roethlisberger problem. That's been the biggest issue with this team for years now. Horrible redzone scheme and execution and failing to put significant points on the board.

Thread Information