Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So sick of this team losing to inferior competition...

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Th offense lacks talent and the defense is aging. Ben is not an elite QB that can take a bad team and lead them to the playoffs with his arm like a Tom Brady.
    Guess you haven't watched much this year. The Patriots are winning in spite of Brady this year, not because of him.

My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers75 View Post
    Guess you haven't watched much this year. The Patriots are winning in spite of Brady this year, not because of him.
    If you actually believe the spew you just typed than I have some swamp land for sale.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

Banned
    The Steelers won 7 games and lost 11 prior to Ben taking over.

That's not a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersCrash View Post
    The Steelers won 7 games and lost 11 prior to Ben taking over.

That's not a good team.
    Your talking about when Ben was 23... Ben is beat up and older now... The beating he has inflicted upon himself has taken 4 years off his career.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I echo other replies; what makes anyone thing the Steelers are superior to any team at this point? It is not their "right" to win. They need to earn it. They have earned very little this year.

Ben R., Troy P., and Bell are among the few on this team who are playing well. Ben is single-handedly relied upon to win games. Troy is monster, and Bell keeps getting TD's and yards behind a sorry o-line.

I am not sure there is an "inferior" team they play the rest of the year.
    Look the Steelers have NO BUSINESS looking past or improperly preparing for ANY team in this league but that is what is happening, and has happened for quite a while. We all know what the OP is referring to, the losses against teams with losing records, I mean teams who might get 4-5 wins a season give us fits. What is it 4 out of the last 5 against the raiders?

The patriots are down as a team, well at least the offense is, but hey they're 6-2. Anyone want to bet that the game this week, on the road will be much closer throughout win or lose than what we showed against the raiders? Thought so.

My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    Anyone want to bet that the game this week, on the road will be much closer throughout win or lose than what we showed against the raiders? Thought so.
    The Patriots are 7 point favorites at home. As of right now if I was betting on this game, my money would be on New England. Tom Brady is the Steelers' daddy.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    The Patriots are 7 point favorites at home. As of right now if I was betting on this game, my money would be on New England. Tom Brady is the Steelers' daddy.
    I don't care about point spreads, if you subscribe to the rule the home team gets 3 just for being at home, the Steelers were favored by 4.5 against the raiders, and that would make the pats favored by 4 against us.

My point was this, the Steelers play tougher competition....well.....tougher. This game will be much more competitive throughout than the raiders game. I'm not talking about who will win or lose. Hell the way they're playing on offense, and the way we're playing on defense I like our chances....lol.

I'm much less worried about the fact that they have Brady than I am about the fact that Belichick is 4x the coach Tomlin is.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityVoice View Post
    This team IS the inferior competition.
    This^^^^^^

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    Look the Steelers have NO BUSINESS looking past or improperly preparing for ANY team in this league but that is what is happening, and has happened for quite a while. We all know what the OP is referring to, the losses against teams with losing records, I mean teams who might get 4-5 wins a season give us fits. What is it 4 out of the last 5 against the raiders?

The patriots are down as a team, well at least the offense is, but hey they're 6-2. Anyone want to bet that the game this week, on the road will be much closer throughout win or lose than what we showed against the raiders? Thought so.
    I agree with you I think this game will be close and that the Patriots will be no means blow the Steelers out in this game. The Steelers always seem to get up for the better teams in the league and I dont believe they will come out flat as a board like they did against the Raiders yesterday. There is way too much at stake now for this team to do so. The season and any remote chance this team does have of grabbing that last wildcard spot pretty much rest on whether they win this game Sunday in New England or not. This game reminds me of the Baltimore game last year where the Steelers went into Cleveland the week before and laid an egg with Batch and then came right back the very next week with Batch and beat the Ravens in Baltimore when nobody gave them a chance in hell of doing so. I am not going to sit here and say the Steelers are going to win this game in New England on Sunday but it will not shock me at all if they somehow do. That's the way the NFL is week to week you just never know...

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Bottom Line: This is a "soft" team ... both mentally and physically. There are no STAND UP leaders or strong, bold characters that don't mind challenging others on the team to rise-up and fight like hell.

Every past great Steeler team had at least one of these types of players. Someone who set the tone and the others rallied around.

This team is soft and boring. The coach must take responsiblity for this and be held accountable.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Thread Information