Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chance Duce doesnt make team?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree Pitt. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I would love to see Duckett in the black and gold.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    My friend is a Michigan state fan and when he was telling me about Duckett about 3-4 years ago he compared him to Jerome so maybe it's meant to be...

:: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I remember how prominent the TJ Duckett talk was around draft time and everybody had him pegged as the next big draft day trade for us. You know know, depends on how we fair in the coming weeks with the running game and injuries.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree with PITT23. I began questioning Staley last year because he's is almost always hurt. I don't know how much he's making but they should consider cutting him soon.
    Last edited by Forged in Steel; 08-20-2006 at 11:48 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    His original contract was 4 years at 14 million or so wasnt it? He got about a 4 million dollar signing bonus as I remember but don't quote me on it. His contract was/is pretty cap friendly.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    That's not so bad but Bettis last year was making the minimum NFL wage which is I believe is $1 million and he actually played some games and was good.

My Mood
    Amazed
    i do not think he will be on our final roster. How can anyone justify him standing on the sidelines and his inability to stay healthy, he is a very fragile person............we don't need that.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

I think Duce deserves at least one more year mainly becuase he put his ego on hold out of respect for the Bus. It's not to often nowadays that you see someone have so much respect for another athlete that they step aside and swallow their pride. I really feel Duce will come around and be a reliable goal line back. He probably can't come close to filling the shoes of the Bus but the Nation needs to let him try... IMO

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    I think Duce deserves at least one more year mainly becuase he put his ego on hold out of respect for the Bus. It's not to often nowadays that you see someone have so much respect for another athlete that they step aside and swallow their pride. I really feel Duce will come around and be a reliable goal line back. He probably can't come close to filling the shoes of the Bus but the Nation needs to let him try... IMO
    I agree with AZ. Duce has been hurt but not nearly as much as what people think. He was inactive for most of the games last year. That's not being injured. He stepped aside for Jerome to pave the way to a SB. But when we needed him (@ GB) he stepped up and helped win the game. That's a team player and someone I hope is on my team.

Well, if this report is true then Duce's days in Pittsburgh could be numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by kffl.com
    Steelers | Team looking to move Staley?
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:47:36 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports one NFL general manager said the Pittsburgh Steelers have been shopping RB Duce Staley, trying to see if any team would be willing to trade for him before the team would have to release him. Pittsburgh's depth at the position makes it possible for it to deal Staley.
    I'm not quite sure what to make of this story. Is the organization not happy with Duce? Is soemone else on the roster catching their eye? Do they want someone bigger? This brings up all kinds of questions... I still stand by Duce and what I said earlier this latest report though really has me thinking now.

PS: I'm going to go get my arcade on now!!!!

Thread Information