Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chance Duce doesnt make team?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo
    The runningback position is concerning me. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to dealing Quincy away since we have a strong WR core, but I'm not sure the Falcons would go for it. Although, they do seem like they really want to get rid of him.
    Well the Falcon's WR's are nothing to brag about. Thats why I think they could interested in a WR position. But the fact of the matter is. The Falcons are probally just waiting until teams cut player and will make a move then.

The good thing its only pre-season. So its early and who knows Duce might have something left.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I sure hope so because I think all of Steeler Nation's patience is getting thin with him.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo
    I sure hope so because I think all of Steeler Nation's patience is getting thin with him.
    '

Trust me I can't blame the Nation if they think that. Just remember how our entire starting offense looked last pre-season. They were horrible. Look how the season ended. The main thing our man Ben looks good and Willie Parker will be the starting RB. So no worries just yet for me.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i wouldn't mind having duckett on the team. him and willie would be badass together. but i'm not to worried about duce. there's no gameplanning so the line isn't all that good right now. so i'll panic with him around week 3 if he's still playing like a bum
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    I say we trade Morgan and a draft pick for TJ Duckett. Oh Duce doesn't look to good so far. I'm not all the way sold on Haynes just yet. He does very well as the third down back. But still have some doubts with him having a bigger role.
    According to KFFL.com they are still shopping him.

Falcons | Duckett for McCareins deal?
    Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:42:41 -0700

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports at least four teams have called the Atlanta Falcons seeking to trade for RB T.J. Duckett, according to two people with knowledge of the situation. The two sources confirmed that the New York Jets have contacted the Falcons, with recently demoted WR Justin McCareins possibly being involved in the potential trade. The Falcons are looking for a No. 3 wide receiver, but have not confirmed any trade talks.

http://www.kffl.com/player/100/NFL

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Duce still owes us something for all the money he has stolen from the Rooneys!

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    I am not really sure on his contract since they restrucured it in March of 06 but I know the prior 2 seasons he was not making a huge amount of money I think it was around 600K with a few huge signing bonus's. I used to have this link to all players contracts but that link is broken. The ideal thing in my eyes is keeping Staley and hoping he doesnt get injured and use him if some one else goes down. Let Haynes be the "Bettis" of this year and use Staley if something happens to Haynes or Parker.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    A trade woth the Falcons would work because they just had a WR get hurt and out for the season but I've hard Duckett is all but traded to the Jets. Looking at it now he'll make the team but his role might be much less than what we originally thought with Haynes doing what we though Staley would.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    i wouldn't mind having duckett on the team. him and willie would be badass together. but i'm not to worried about duce. there's no gameplanning so the line isn't all that good right now. so i'll panic with him around week 3 if he's still playing like a bum
    Very good point Koop, its still early so no real worries yet. But the thing that has me concerned on how slow Duce is right now. Duce is 31 now and thats the age you never know with RB's when their skills might start to decline.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    New news in the Duckett situation...the Jets just traded for Kevan Barlow and so they may not need Tj which opens him up to us. I think we could easily get him for one of our 3rd or 4th WR's.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

Thread Information