Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: House Cleaning Time

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424

    House Cleaning Time

    After last year's 8-8 record, and seemingly worse this year, there is absolutely no logical reason to allow the current coaching staff to come back next year. Tomlin cannot prepare the team to play, and they are sloppy and undisciplined. Todd Haley has been a train wreck since he arrived, and his offense is chickenshit. As for LeBeau, he's past his sell-by date. You can keep giving the opposition 10-yard cushion and just hope they'll make a mistake.

    This team needs a fresh perspective and need to adjust to how football is played in the modern era.

  2. #2
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,616
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree that this coaching staff does need a change but we all know this is not going to happen...Tomlin will not be fired after this season but he definitely needs to start being looked at a lot more here and being held more accountable by the Rooney's. Next season if things dont start turning then it's going to be time to start really considering letting Tomlin go...

  3. #3
    Starter SnakeEyes43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    1,322
    Tomlin is going nowhere, everyone needs to get over it.

    DL may retire. Haley could possibly be let go.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

  4. #4
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Tomlin is going nowhere, everyone needs to get over it.

    DL may retire. Haley could possibly be let go.
    Yep, it is what it is. Steelers are stuck with some players becuase of the cap horror show, but more so I believe there could be a change in philosophy opn both sides of the ball. Wouldn't be surpsised if Dick retires at the end of the year and Haley is canned or moves on altogether. Player wise, Clark is gone, Worilds is gone, Ike possibly, Hood, out to name a few. What I would entertain, is when Pouncey comees back, keep Velasco at Center and move Pouncey to guard, and put Foster outside with Beachum at tackle. For Troy to stay, he has to take a pay cut.
    Formerly know as Harrison92

  5. #5
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    I thought the Rooney's already extended Coach Cliche's contract?.......Haley needs to be fired now and the old man should have retired after Super Bowl XLIII......

  6. #6
    Chuck's Place ChucktownSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,405
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I thought the Rooney's already extended Coach Cliche's contract?.......Haley needs to be fired now and the old man should have retired after Super Bowl XLIII......
    This^^^^^^

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Someone will be fired for this team's performance, but it won't be the person that is most responsible. I'm excited again about a high draft pick, especially with the Giants starting to win.

  8. #8
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,691
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Someone will be fired for this team's performance, but it won't be the person that is most responsible. I'm excited again about a high draft pick, especially with the Giants starting to win.
    To bad it looks like we need at least 3 first round picks to fix this

  9. #9
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    After last year's 8-8 record, and seemingly worse this year, there is absolutely no logical reason to allow the current coaching staff to come back next year. Tomlin cannot prepare the team to play, and they are sloppy and undisciplined. Todd Haley has been a train wreck since he arrived, and his offense is chickenshit. As for LeBeau, he's past his sell-by date. You can keep giving the opposition 10-yard cushion and just hope they'll make a mistake.

    This team needs a fresh perspective and need to adjust to how football is played in the modern era.



    You are right my friend but you're wasting your time and breath. The steelers organization likes to put faith in the people they hired and act like nothings wrong when clearly that's not the case. I predict we are about to enter some of the lowest years we've had in a long time due to this mindset....All the while wasting what few good years we have left in a superbowl caliber qb in big ben.

  10. #10
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,282

    House Cleaning Time

    This team is firing no one. Tomlin is a lock for the next 5 years, he's too cool to fire. Haley is a fkucing idiot with no clue. Ben plays like a complete airhead!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •