Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones diagnosed with a concussion

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Jarvis Jones diagnosed with a concussion

Steelers linebacker Jarvis Jones missed practice on Wednesday with what the team described as a head injury.

They’re now describing it as a concussion. Steelers PR man Burt Lauten announced that Jones was diagnosed with a concussion by team doctors on Wednesday evening. Per Lauten, Jones first alerted doctors of symptoms on Monday and that he has been tested and treated since then without practicing.

Jones’ status for Sunday afternoon’s home game against the Ravens will be determined by how quickly he progresses through the league’s concussion protocol. That may not be too likely since it is already Thursday and Jones hasn’t been cleared by an independent neurologist to practice at this point. He would then need to be cleared again to play in the game.

If Jones doesn’t play, Jason Worilds will take over the starting job at outside linebacker across from LaMarr Woodley.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-a-concussion/

Banned
    @EdBouchette: #Steelers say Jarvis Jones (concussion) was cleared to participate in an "exercise challenge" today as per protocol, was limited in drills

Banned
    No big deal really, he hasnt surprised us yet only in the run game. O wait, he pressured Geno Smith(not knocking him)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    No big deal really, he hasnt surprised us yet only in the run game. O wait, he pressured Geno Smith(not knocking him)
    He's been inconsistent in the pass rush department for sure, but he's definitely shown flashes. He forced the game clinching INT and there was a play on the same drive where he put a pretty impressive bullrush on D'Brickashaw Ferguson... Pushed him right back into Geno if I'm remembering correctly. D'Brick is no scrub. He still has issues getting off blocks, but he seems to be improving every week.

Banned
    His first step is so slow. Im not trying to bring up the past, but Harrison could have taught him A LOT this season if he was willing to sit under James for a year or rotate in with him. Lets give a full season and then judge, but for now he has been a disappointment in a way

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    His first step is so slow. Im not trying to bring up the past, but Harrison could have taught him A LOT this season if he was willing to sit under James for a year or rotate in with him. Lets give a full season and then judge, but for now he has been a disappointment in a way
    and last year hightower looked bad but he played, he looks better already. not super but better. Jones needs the sames reps in games.

Banned
    @rayfitt1: Jarvis Jones did not practice in team today.

@rayfitt1: Jarvis Jones did not practice in team today but he did not rule himself out for Sunday. Official injury report coming soon.

@rayfitt1: Jarvis Jones said this is his first concussion. "It's something new to me," he said. "That's why I wanted to take precautions on it."

@rayfitt1: More Jones: "I'm clearly fine now. I'm just getting back to the basic things and just trying to prepare myself for this big game on Sunday."

@rayfitt1: Jarvis Jones listed as questionable. Keisel and Miller probable. Wheaton and Gordon have been ruled out.
    Last edited by Big T; 10-18-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Banned
    He can't miss his first Steelers/Ravens rivalry lol

Banned
    I diagnosed Jarvis Jones as a big disappointment so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    He's been inconsistent in the pass rush department for sure, but he's definitely shown flashes. He forced the game clinching INT and there was a play on the same drive where he put a pretty impressive bullrush on D'Brickashaw Ferguson... Pushed him right back into Geno if I'm remembering correctly. D'Brick is no scrub. He still has issues getting off blocks, but he seems to be improving every week.
    Yeah, I agree. It's as though he's playing as if it's his first year in the league or something.

Thread Information