Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown - True #1

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

You say i flat out ignore the numbers to cherry pick on TDs and thats not what im doing at all....you are completely looking at the numbers and saying "well, brown is an elite #1 because hes rated by PFF as such". I get it, you are a numbers guy. You are "flat out ignoring" his lacking in scoring points and deferring it to others, which...is simply weak, and even weaker when you are arguing him being the #1 WR in all of football.
    That's not fair. I am not ignoring it, I am not deferring it. I have provided evidence to explain it. (Ben red zone efficiency, scheme:Wallace/Sanders get the majority of the Split End deep routes)

Theres a difference between deference and explanation
    He did drop that TD, which shows that he is not "catching everything thrown his way" and his numbers are inflated this year by garbage time/nearly a heroic comeback (but still garbage time in a game they were out played against the bears), but the list of stats doesnt tell you that.
    He did drop that TD... and he still leads the entire NFL in catch %....

And as soon as you start to offset the garbage stats Andre used to get in the dominant first half of his career.... or Fitzgerald playing from behind for years.... oh, once you label them "#1 WRs" than all those factors get swept aside.... how convenient....

This is why i hate PFF, the "we watch every snap so you dont have to" mentality, you just cant take some of these stats to heart so hard since theres a lot of story behind the stats
    you realy need to get a PFF subscription and start looking at what they do.

Stats + Respected and Detailed Subjective Analysis = strong case

So in conclusion, no brown does not meet my criteria for a #1 WR, maybe someday he will but id rather just get another really good WR and let them battle it out for who is better...because if we are talking about who is #1 on the roster right now, its brown by a landslide.....but thats a knock on sanders sucking so hard more than it is praise on brown
    heels dug in

I dont like victor cruz as a #1 WR either, even though his numbers would suggest that he is
    good example... you probably like Nicks as one though... cuz he's like... big and gets TDs.... (lol jk)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Thank you.

Most irritating troll that has ever come to this board.
    See BG Forever.... is this who you want to be?

Banned
    Like you picking and choosing TDs per attempt as the stat to evaluate Roethlisberger's redzone efficiency?

An absolute meaningless stat that is useless in determining anything about the QB's play without any information regarding how many attempts are actually into the endzone.
    all stats that remotely paint Ben in a negative light are meaningless to you... to everyone else they are relevant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I'm so irratating... that you were able to survive putting me on Ignore for like 2 weeks... don't pretend you're not a whacko with an obsession.

Im obsessed with arguing about football
    Your obsessed with Ben Roethlisberger, and following me around to cry about when I am critical of him

Most worthless feature on this forum. You could still see all my posts and were making it a point to follow me around the forum and respond to all my posts even though you knew you were on ignore. Now that's what you call obsessed and irritating.

And even though you were on ignore, it would tell me that there was a post by you that was hidden right under all my posts. I can take screen shots if need be.

I've asked you to not refer to me or attempt to engage me in anyway whatsoever; friendly or otherwise. But you're an annoying old man with no life who is retired with nothing better to do other than look at PFF all day and stalk young men on forums.

If I could block you, I would. Unfortunately that option doesn't exist on this forum

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    See BG Forever.... is this who you want to be?
    I don't want to be anybody...lol

Banned
    Most worthless feature on this forum. You could still see all my posts and were making it a point to follow me around the forum and respond to all my posts even though you knew you were on ignore. Now that's what you call obsessed and irritating.

And even though you were on ignore, it would tell me that there was a post by you that was hidden right under all my posts. I can take screen shots if need be.

I've asked you to not refer to me or attempt to engage me in anyway whatsoever; friendly or otherwise. But you're an annoying old man with no life who is retired with nothing better to do other than look at PFF all day and stalk young men on forums.

If I could block you, I would. Unfortunately that option doesn't exist on this forum
    Are you ever going to stop crying like a little girl?

Banned
    NYC, I did an inventory of your posts in this thread. Here's my count of your contribution to a lively discussion:

Posts About :
    - ME personally : 6
    - "the list" I copy/pasted from a website : 8.5
    - football : 1.5
    - Misc : 2

Thanks for your insight!
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 10-16-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Draft Pick
    Are you ever going to stop crying like a little girl?
    It's about the only thing he does. Reminds me of an old woman.
    Last edited by steelers75; 10-18-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Soooooo. 3rd and 15, 25 yard pass.....dropped

Same position a few minutes later, ball right through his hands into tracy porters.

But yeah, catches everything thrown to him

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Picking a bad game (or a couple of bad plays in a game) to "prove" a point is a useless endeavor. I can cherry pick some lowlights of dropped balls from Jerry Rice's career and make him look like Darrius Heyward-Bey.

That said, I agree that Brown is not a true number 1.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information