Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    among WRs through 11 weeks:
    1st in receptions
    6th in yards
    17th in TDs
    9th in YAC
    3rd in 1st Downs
    3rd in 20+ yd
    now imagine if someone else could get open or if they could run the ball, they might have more than 3 wins

His numbers are very good, but his numbers should be...a team playing from behind, that cant run the ball, feeding it to their best weapon = fantasy football gold.

Still want sammy, offense would be dynamic and beautiful and wonderful and amazing

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    now imagine if someone else could get open or if they could run the ball, they might have more than 3 wins

His numbers are very good, but his numbers should be...a team playing from behind, that cant run the ball, feeding it to their best weapon = fantasy football gold.
    so you are saying he's the focal point of the offense... and thus the focal point of the opponents defense... and he's having a massively productive year under those circumstances...

yea... that's what a true #1 WR does...

stop trying to spin... and accept it.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Antonio Brown can play some serious ball and that is all that matters....I don't care about the whole number 1 WR debate anymore and just hope to see more of those type of performances from AB going forward......

the most impressive catch by AB wasn't his two TD's yesterday but the key 3rd and long catch when Ben was backed up deep in the end zone....Plus the Steelers would go on to complete their 96 yard drive with the go ahead TD........

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    so you are saying he's the focal point of the offense... and thus the focal point of the opponents defense... and he's having a massively productive year under those circumstances...

yea... that's what a true #1 WR does...

stop trying to spin... and accept it.
    stop trying to spin? Thats literally all you do lol

As long as we accept antonio brown as the one and only focal point of the offense, the team is going no where. Id say accept that, but i dont want to accept that either, that makes me sad

Banned
    stop trying to spin? Thats literally all you do lol

As long as we accept antonio brown as the one and only focal point of the offense, the team is going no where. Id say accept that, but i dont want to accept that either, that makes me sad

Who says AB is the ONLY Focal point on the offense ? Yesterday, Heath Miller was targeted way more then Brown was, and had more catches. We have Cotchery, Wheaton, ect. Since when MUST you have a Megatron...or a Sammy Walker to win ? Show me any evidence of that at all. ?

I dont think you MUST, but i do think this team must as is right now. They won superbowls with Ward, Wilson, and Randel el, i get it, they are not a world beating group of WRs.

However, they could also run the ball, they had a top 5 defense, and could pass block (kinda)

This is a different team, adding a WR that could boost the offense, especially in scoring would mask the deficiencies elsewhere, deficiencies that the team didnt have in 05 or 08, and ones that started to show in 2010

NPB has cited the falcons having roddy and drafting julio a few times, look what happens when they lost julio and have a highly unreliable roddy....they went from NFC favorites to one of the worst teams in the league, teaming up a star WR with brown could make the steelers a 10, 11, 12 win team again. They need work elsewhere, but priority #1 has to be scoring points

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Brown is having an amazing year.......He stepped up his game big time this year so far.........I was wrong about AB but still would like to see him become more of a factor in the redzone.....Should have caught that TD but its hard to knock a guy that is on pace for 130 catches this year...lol
    Black @ Gold, props to you for being man enough to admit your wrong. Unlike some other people around here.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    I dont think you MUST, but i do think this team must as is right now. They won superbowls with Ward, Wilson, and Randel el, i get it, they are not a world beating group of WRs.

However, they could also run the ball, they had a top 5 defense, and could pass block (kinda)

This is a different team, adding a WR that could boost the offense, especially in scoring would mask the deficiencies elsewhere, deficiencies that the team didnt have in 05 or 08, and ones that started to show in 2010

NPB has cited the falcons having roddy and drafting julio a few times, look what happens when they lost julio and have a highly unreliable roddy....they went from NFC favorites to one of the worst teams in the league, teaming up a star WR with brown could make the steelers a 10, 11, 12 win team again. They need work elsewhere, but priority #1 has to be scoring points

It's been proven that a High Octane Passing offense will never win a SB...that has been proven. Even teams teams that have won a SB and who DO pass way more then they run...still have that THREAT of a running game to keep opposing defenses honest. So, even though I agree with you that another SOLID WR could be used here, or a solid Pass-catching TE threat....that does not mean we should go all out to draft a Sammy Watkins. Or even one of the other WR who may be available a little later down, like Lee, Evans, Matthews, ect. What we MUST have is better, more Physical O-Linemen who can open up the kind of holes needed for our current Darting " Left " and Darting " Right " back in the backfield BEFORE he takes off RB in La'veon Bell.

Cause until that situation is taken care of....we can add CJ, Fitzgerald...AND a Gronk to play with Ben AND AB next season....and guess what ?....we won't be anywhere closer to a SB then we are right now.

Assistant Coach
    this is a completely separate debate... one we are more or less aligned on...

Assistant Coach

agreed again...

but you are still wrong about what Brown is...

Thread Information