Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown - True #1

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    I know Brown has dropped a few in the endzone...but so has Ward, and every other WR we had. If Antonio can average just ONE TD in the final 6 games, he will have 11 TD's. That is very very good considering he doesn't have a good oposite WR to take away attention he gets. And, he looks like...if he can average just 75 Receiving yards a game for the final 6 games...he WILL break the All Time yardage record for a Steeler WR with 1,402 Yards. And if he can average just over 6 catches a game...he will also break Hines Ward's 2002 record of 112 catches. That's not too bad considering Brown has NO second WR playing with him, and having NO Running game to take away added pressure as well.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    AB did drop another TD pass in the red zone today but man he was a BEAST overall today.......Plus he is having a great year and he is one of the best WR's in the NFL this year......I knock him for his mental lapses at times and for him not scoring more TD's but he does have 5 now on the year but really he should have 7 so he is showing more of a knack for scoring TDs .......I still think its best to pair AB with a taller/physical WR who can dictate coverage so AB can be even more a terror but I have to give credit were credit is due......AB is the main WR that defenses look to take away but AB keeps on producing.....I really don't want to get in a debate is he is a true number 1 WR since I'm not going to change anybodies mind.....I'm just going to end by saying Antonio Brown can play some serious football and I hope I see more of these type of performances going forward from him.....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I know Brown has dropped a few in the endzone...but so has Ward, and every other WR we had. If Antonio can average just ONE TD in the final 6 games, he will have 11 TD's. That is very very good considering he doesn't have a good oposite WR to take away attention he gets. And, he looks like...if he can average just 75 Receiving yards a game for the final 6 games...he WILL break the All Time yardage record for a Steeler WR with 1,402 Yards. And if he can average just over 6 catches a game...he will also break Hines Ward's 2002 record of 112 catches. That's not too bad considering Brown has NO second WR playing with him, and having NO Running game to take away added pressure as well.
    I agree quest........no consistent running game, Brown is the main guy now that defenses focus on but he just produces every freaking game....I was afraid Brown would struggle without Wallace's speed this year but Brown has put those fairs to bed.....I just hope the Steelers add a bigger/physical WR for this offense to even grow more next year......An athletic TE who can really create mismatches would be nice also....I would love to see them find a Gates type or Julius Thomas type of TE....An ex basketball player with freakish skills.....

Assistant Coach

Antonio Brown - True #1

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    One day I might be old and pathetic enough to lead an existence where paid subscriptions to stat sites and endless hours of free time enable me to cherry pick stats in order to provide my meaningless life some value on a sports forum, but until that time comes, I can look and laugh at someone as pathetic as you in an attenpt o keep myself in a direction opposite one that will lead to a life as empty and sad as your own.

For now, let's concentrate on how pathetic your thread bumping is in comparison to Brown in the redzone.
    Ok All Talk
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    AB did drop another TD pass in the red zone today but man he was a BEAST overall today.......Plus he is having a great year and he is one of the best WR's in the NFL this year......I knock him for his mental lapses at times and for him not scoring more TD's but he does have 5 now on the year but really he should have 7 so he is showing more of a knack for scoring TDs .......I still think its best to pair AB with a taller/physical WR who can dictate coverage so AB can be even more a terror but I have to give credit were credit is due......AB is the main WR that defenses look to take away but AB keeps on producing.....I really don't want to get in a debate is he is a true number 1 WR since I'm not going to change anybodies mind.....I'm just going to end by saying Antonio Brown can play some serious football and I hope I see more of these type of performances going forward from him.....
    I would never take any credit away from him as being a good WR, but he's as good as Roethlisberger makes him, just like Wallace. My personal definition of a #1 receiver is a guy who picks his QB up when his QB isn't playing less than great.

Antonio Brown is a Jordy Nelson or Demaryius Thomas at best. The funny thing is how certain individuals will credit Rodgers and Manning for Nelson and Thomas's numbers, but those same individuals will attempt to credit Brown with Roethlisberger's numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    bump a doodle doo
    lol touche

Again though, we should expect him to play great...hes the only weapon they have this year, i loathe sanders. He played like a man possessed yesterday

Unfortunately though, every win is taking away the chances of sammy watkins, which is a shame to say but lets be serious, an 8-8 season would be wildly disappointing

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I am not a huge fan of the "See, he had a great/poor game so he is awesome/sucks" argument.

AB had a great game and is having a good year, especially yards. However, keep in mind that 4 of his 5 TDs came in two games.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I am not a huge fan of the "See, he had a great/poor game so he is awesome/sucks" argument.

AB had a great game and is having a good year, especially yards. However, keep in mind that 4 of his 5 TDs came in two games.
    you can see via the original post that this was not a "see he had a great game" argument... it was "see, he's having an incredible season in almost every measurable way"

this most recent bump, is simply a reminder (coming off an incredible game) to those who are on the wrong side of reality

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I would never take any credit away from him as being a good WR, but he's as good as Roethlisberger makes him, just like Wallace. My personal definition of a #1 receiver is a guy who picks his QB up when his QB isn't playing less than great.
    Antonio Brown is a Jordy Nelson or Demaryius Thomas at best. The funny thing is how certain individuals will credit Rodgers and Manning for Nelson and Thomas's numbers, but those same individuals will attempt to credit Brown with Roethlisberger's numbers.

Okay then, by your OWN definition then, you ARE saying that " Calvin Johnson " is NOT a True Number 1 WR right ?
    Cause you just wrote that in your OWN opinion, a TRUE Number 1 WR is one who PICKS his QB up when he is NOT playing that great. So, what is No t great MORE then Stafford's 0-10 in the 4th quarter ? Stafford targeted CJ 14 times IN the 2nd half alone, and CJ did not make ONE Single catch. The Ball hit CJ in his HANDS TWICE in those TWO Redzone Fade passes...and CJ fropped BOTH of them.

So, like I said...you just stated that in YOUR OWN Opinion...that you in NO WAY shape or form would EVER consider either
    " Antonio Brown " OR a " Calvin Johnson " TRUE Number 1 WR's.....right ? ( LOL @ U )

Assistant Coach
    among WRs through 11 weeks:
    1st in receptions
    6th in yards
    17th in TDs
    9th in YAC
    3rd in 1st Downs
    3rd in 20+ yd

Thread Information