Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown - True #1

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Antonio Brown - True #1

PFF has him rated as the #1 WR in the NFL right now... remarkable

Brown has been dogged as "not a true #1 WR" by Steelers fans for the last year and a half, and it's time for that myth to be dispelled. While he will never be one of the truly elite WRs (the very few "special" ones - Calvin, Julio, Fitz, AJ, Dez) he is a bonafide #1 WR. He makes his QB better with his play by:
    - Running pristine routes and full route tree (simply put he is an elite route runner... one of the best in the league)
    - Being versatile to line up anywhere, and execute the full variety of skills required of a WR
    - Catching EVERYTHING. He makes the difficult catches (Yes, he dropped that TD... but it's the only thing he's dropped)
    - 41 reception on 50 targets with only 1 drop... catching 82% of targets leads the NFL
    - averaging nearly 100 yards per game

Some around here have defined a #1 WR as someone who makes his QB better... and that's exactly what Brown does. OUtside of those truly elite few... the next tier of WRs is usually the "scheme specific" guys who dominate the stat sheet... like Wes Welker or Roddy White. That's the company Brown belongs in. A true #1 WR who fits the scheme, and makes his QB better (regardless of how good that QB is on their own).

A perfect route runner... makes a QB better
    A WR with excellent hands who is capable of making difficult catches.... makes a QB better

Just because he is not 6'3" 215 lbs or more.... doesn't mean he's not a #1 WR.

Time for Steelers Fans to recognize... completely... how good he is.

It's easy to make a "Top 5 WRs in the NFL" list... and leave Brown off. That's a no brainer
    It's easy to do the same with a "Top 10" list... although he's making the case that he belongs
    If you make a top 15 list without him on it, I'd argue that you were wrong...
    If you make a top 20 list without him on it, you're just dumb...

My personal top 20 WRs in the NFL TODAY
    1. Calvin -
    2. Fitz -
    3. Julio ^
    4. AJ ^
    5. Dez ^
    6. Andre -
    7. Demaryius -
    8. Marshall -
    9. Wes -
    10. Harvin* ^
    11. Wayne v
    12. Antonio Brown ^
    13. Vjax -
    14. White v
    15. Cruz -
    16. Crabtree* ^
    17. Jordy -
    18. Torrey -
    19. Blackmon ^
    20. Djax -
    missing the cut : Bowe -, Colston v, Jennings -, Cobb ^, Wallace -, S.Smith v, Boldin v, Gordon ^, Moore -, Nicks v, Shorts -, Garcon -, Decker -

Banned
    I Love Brown don't get me wrong. But he is not a great route runner by any means. In fact our rookie WR is better at it. And even though going over the middle Brown shows no fear....and thats good. His hands are average at best. He is easily on pace to break the single season reception record held by Ward if he stays healthy. And thats only because our O-Line is so horrible that Haley is calling on average 16-20 Bubble screens a game, more then half are targeted towards Brown. So I can easily see Brown averaging anywhere from 7 to 10 catches a game the rest of the season. Which would put him at about 125 to 135 catches for the season. But all those bubble screens and short slants over the middle will take a physical toll on Brown. I really WISH we had a O-Line that could even afford Ben 2 seconds in the pocket before Ben has to run for his life. But as it is right now, according to Pro Football focus....Our O-Line averages LESS then .08 seconds after the snap on a pass play where a D-Player is right in Ben's face. If Ben had more time, then I think Brown could produce more down the field plays. I think Brown is a better # 2 WR based only on his stature. He will last longer as a # 2 WR out of the slot. But, he CAN produce as a # 1 WR, and is right now. Although be it on a bad team right now.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Brown is having an amazing year.......He stepped up his game big time this year so far.........I was wrong about AB but still would like to see him become more of a factor in the redzone.....Should have caught that TD but its hard to knock a guy that is on pace for 130 catches this year...lol

Banned
    Do you have a link to the article?

just stop

Banned
    After the game that Roethlisberger had, this troll was rather quiet in the gameday thread and in the forum since the game. Now he pops in here to try and say that Brown MAKES Roethlisberger a better QB. F##king troll of all trolls.

Banned
    Brown has stepped his game up enormously this season. He has played like a #1 receiver.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    After the game that Roethlisberger had, this troll was rather quiet in the gameday thread and in the forum since the game. Now he pops in here to try and say that Brown MAKES Roethlisberger a better QB. F##king troll of all trolls.
    Roethlisberger had an excellent game
    Todd Haley also called a great game
    Antonio Brown DOES make Roethlisberger better

Your fanboy defense mechanism is showing again

Banned
    The ofensive line is not that bad. Brown is a #1 receiver. Your agenda is showing again. Tone it down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I Love Brown don't get me wrong. But he is not a great route runner by any means. In fact our rookie WR is better at it.
    If I didn't love the stupidity of your "Hood is more explosive, tell me I'm wrong" comment... i'd replace it with this dumfuk of a nugget.

If you took a Jerry Rice highlight video, and edited so that he was wearing a Cardinals jersey with #89 and the name Toodles on the back, you wouldn't be able to recognize good route running

And even though going over the middle Brown shows no fear....and thats good. His hands are average at best. He is easily on pace to break the single season reception record held by Ward if he stays healthy.
    The trollinator strikes again.

And thats only because our O-Line is so horrible that Haley is calling on average 16-20 Bubble screens a game, more then half are targeted towards Brown.
    or 6-7 per game...

So I can easily see Brown averaging anywhere from 7 to 10 catches a game the rest of the season. Which would put him at about 125 to 135 catches for the season. But all those bubble screens and short slants over the middle will take a physical toll on Brown. I really WISH we had a O-Line that could even afford Ben 2 seconds in the pocket before Ben has to run for his life. But as it is right now, according to Pro Football focus....Our O-Line averages LESS then .08 seconds after the snap on a pass play where a D-Player is right in Ben's face.
    you love making stuff up

trollinator 1000

Thread Information