Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oline Grade so far (PFF)

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach

Oline Grade so far (PFF)

Just to infuriate people...

The Steelers Oline has graded out at 15th in the league by PFF so far...
    10th in run blocking
    21st in pass protecting

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...rst-quarter/3/

I highly recommend a subscription if you are interested in advanced stats derived from individual execution on a play by play basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

week to week progress has been sensational (especially from decastro/velasco)...even gilbert has started to play well

Banned
    And I can direct you to a MIT website that shows conclusively that a Elephant CAN hang upside down from a Daisy stem...this is a ACTUAL MIT FACT!!

But I'd rather go with my Eyes and COMMEN SENSE. Our O-Line is among the WORST...period.

Being that they consist of 5 1st and 2nd round picks over the last years.. im all in that they will stay healthy and gel within in a year.

If not we are in for a 5 year death spiral....

We will find out how good they are come Sunday, the Jets front 7 will test them. Hopefully they do well.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I can direct you to a MIT website that shows conclusively that a Elephant CAN hang upside down from a Daisy stem...this is a ACTUAL MIT FACT!!

But I'd rather go with my Eyes and COMMEN SENSE. Our O-Line is among the WORST...period.
    i bet you can't

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    21st in pass protecting is not good.....Some are quick to knock Ben but this just proves he needs better protection.....Hopefully Bell helps the OL in the run blocking department.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    21st in pass protecting is not good.....Some are quick to knock Ben but this just proves he needs better protection.....Hopefully Bell helps the OL in the run blocking department.....
    Exactly. 21st in pass protection simply confirms what most fans and analysts have been saying. I don't see who would be infuriated. People who say the team can't run? The team can't run and the stats say so regardless of where the oline is ranked in run blocking.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    21st in pass protection is not good enough. There is no doubt about that...

But the belief around here that we have the "worst oline ever".... is simply not true...
    And the belief that the "horrendous" offensive line is the sole reason for offensive failures is also not true.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Exactly. 21st in pass protection simply confirms what most fans and analysts have been saying. I don't see who would be infuriated. People who say the team can't run? The team can't run and the stats say so regardless of where the oline is ranked in run blocking.
    hogwash...21st doesnt confirm your statements that we have one of the worst olines in the NFL.

You correlated offensive line performance as an excuse for QB play... yet Indy's offensive line has graded out far worse, so has Seattle's (They've lost Unger and Okung).... and Kansas City.... yet those team's offenses aren't turning the ball over at horrendous rates, and failing to execute in the red zone.

You see this as confirmation of something you believed... while it's actually quite the opposite.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    hogwash...21st doesnt confirm your statements that we have one of the worst olines in the NFL..

21st best out of 32 teams (20 teams better and only 11 teams worse) in pass protection doesn't confirm that this oline is one of the worst in the NFL in pass protection?

I don't what's more stupid, the fact that you used a stat that contradicts your agenda or the fact that you thought people would somehow believe the oline doesn't suck in pass protection because a respected website ranked them 21st best out of 32 in pass protection.

Thread Information