Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If we switched to a 4-3 defense.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I am not sure there is a more competitive coach at any level than Steve Spurrier. Not buying that argument about not using Clowney correctly.

Sorry Chuck but no coach says the things Spurrier said about his star player if he had his back.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...e3J/story.html

Also, his own D-Coordinator, so frustrated with Clowney complaining that he was not being placed in a position to deminate, let Clowney just line up wherever he wanted to on Defense...NO team allows any player to do that.

Dude is a Me-first Cancer Chuck....and all the talent in the world won't overcome that. He is a Albert Haynesworth type of player. And believe me, his stats not withstanding, the Titans, and their players were ALL Happy as hell once he left town.
    And the Redskins to this day call signing Haynesworth the worst mistake that they ever made. Clowney is a CLONE of Haynesworth.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I watched him from 9th grade and Rock Hill till now. I don't get that impression about him. Maybe he's getting bad advice from Jay-Z, I don't know. Not sure he is as bad as you are making it.

I read the link and had already seen what Spurrier said. I don't see Spurrier throwing him under the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I watched him from 9th grade and Rock Hill till now. I don't get that impression about him. Maybe he's getting bad advice from Jay-Z, I don't know. Not sure he is as bad as you are making it.

I read the link and had already seen what Spurrier said. I don't see Spurrier throwing him under the bus.

Chuck, having played college football I can tell you no matter what, NO Head Coach is gonna publically say, or question one of HIS players commitment to the school. I mean NOTHING good can come from such a statement. I mean even if Spurrier had concerns about his play, or dedication to playing, a coach would never say that to the Media. The fact that he did should tell you all you need to know. Now, whether this is a result of other Bad Influences around Clowney...I don't know.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Chuck, having played college football I can tell you no matter what, NO Head Coach is gonna publically say, or question one of HIS players commitment to the school. I mean NOTHING good can come from such a statement. I mean even if Spurrier had concerns about his play, or dedication to playing, a coach would never say that to the Media. The fact that he did should tell you all you need to know. Now, whether this is a result of other Bad Influences around Clowney...I don't know.

lol....

Return of the Banana

Sorry Chuck but no coach says the things Spurrier said about his star player if he had his back.

Also, his own D-Coordinator, so frustrated with Clowney complaining that he was not being placed in a position to deminate, let Clowney just line up wherever he wanted to on Defense...NO team allows any player to do that.

Dude is a Me-first Cancer Chuck....and all the talent in the world won't overcome that. He is a Albert Haynesworth type of player. And believe me, his stats not withstanding, the Titans, and their players were ALL Happy as hell once he left town.
    And the Redskins to this day call signing Haynesworth the worst mistake that they ever made. Clowney is a CLONE of Haynesworth.
    i hate feeding trolls and telling you that you sound foolish is very redundant but here i go anyway

Haynesworth didnt lose talent, he was a fat slob, something that you have to worry about when drafting a fat slob...something clowney is not, at all

So wait, the coaches were upset that the best player on their team wasnt able to play? That sounds about right...id imagine john fox would be upset if peyton manning didnt play in a game, that sounds frustrating. I would think the lions were frustrated when calvin johnson couldnt play this week

Also, troy essentially lines up where ever he wants, not only is that a perfect example of what you said no player is allowed to do, its one on the steelers lol

I dont get how you can just label a player a cancer with nothing to go off of, just because hes a star player doesnt mean hes going to quit once he gets paid, i can see him wanting to make sure he gets paid. Hes one of the most advanced defensive players ive ever seen at his level at any time. When he was in HS he was a grown *** man. The only pass rusher i have ever been more impressed with at that level was Willie Williams, and for a guy that was arrested like 9 times at least he had a good jumping off point to be labeled a "cancer"

Here, since you believe everything you read and just post links to random quotes....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...imore/2935999/

A second NFL executive echoed: "No one cares. "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i hate feeding trolls and telling you that you sound foolish is very redundant but here i go anyway

Haynesworth didnt lose talent, he was a fat slob, something that you have to worry about when drafting a fat slob...something clowney is not, at all

So wait, the coaches were upset that the best player on their team wasnt able to play? That sounds about right...id imagine john fox would be upset if peyton manning didnt play in a game, that sounds frustrating. I would think the lions were frustrated when calvin johnson couldnt play this week

Also, troy essentially lines up where ever he wants, not only is that a perfect example of what you said no player is allowed to do, its one on the steelers lol

I dont get how you can just label a player a cancer with nothing to go off of, just because hes a star player doesnt mean hes going to quit once he gets paid, i can see him wanting to make sure he gets paid. Hes one of the most advanced defensive players ive ever seen at his level at any time. When he was in HS he was a grown *** man. The only pass rusher i have ever been more impressed with at that level was Willie Williams, and for a guy that was arrested like 9 times at least he had a good jumping off point to be labeled a "cancer"

Here, since you believe everything you read and just post links to random quotes....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...imore/2935999/

The difference is MORON that if P.Manning was hurting before the days leading up to the game...he would have TOLD his Coach, and the medical staff. Clowney NEVER did that. In fact, he got totally dressed in his Pads and uniform first, and, if he had BRUISED Ribs, what player WOULDN'T go to the Trainer and get it wrapped ? Stop your BS defending of this CLOWN!
    That is why Spurrier totally doesn't have this kids back...cause it is all about CLOWNEY. He doesn't care one bit about the team, or advises the proper people if he IS hurting.

So go away little Girl!!

The difference is MORON that if P.Manning was hurting before the days leading up to the game...he would have TOLD his Coach, and the medical staff. Clowney NEVER did that. In fact, he got totally dressed in his Pads and uniform first, and, if he had BRUISED Ribs, what player WOULDN'T go to the Trainer and get it wrapped ? Stop your BS defending of this CLOWN!
    That is why Spurrier totally doesn't have this kids back...cause it is all about CLOWNEY. He doesn't care one bit about the team, or advises the proper people if he IS hurting.

So go away little Girl!!
    You insult like a elementary school girl. I unblocked you due to the fact that you weren't trolling and making moronic insults to posters, but back you go. Good day.

So go away little Girl!!
    Jadeveon Clowney said emphatically Tuesday that his late scratch from the lineup before his Gamecocks' 35-28 win over Kentucky Saturday was not an attempt to protect his draft stock -- and was even less any indication of a lack of commitment to the team.

“I haven’t played my last game here,” Clowney told reporters, per The State. “I will be back on the field. I just don’t know how long it’s going to take me to get back, but I will be back ...

"I am not looking to sit out. I am not that type of guy. I am here for the team regardless, and I am here to work with the team."

Clowney's statements echoed those of his head coach made earlier Tuesday. Three days after showing his frustration at Clowney's absence from his team's lineup in a much-discussed postgame press conference, Steve Spurrier told reporters he wanted to "clear the air" about Clowney's situation, and that his star defensive end was working hard to get back on the field.

"He has been coming to treatment, I think, twice a day and told me he is doing everything he can to try to get ready to play," Spurrier said. "All those No. 7 jerseys, and all the money he's made for our school -- he's been a tremendous, important player. And we all, every Gamecock, including me, coaches, everybody out there -- we need to be appreciative he chose South Carolina."

Spurrier said Saturday he and other Gamecock coaches expected Clowney to play until just moments before kickoff. Tuesday, Spurrier blamed a "protocol" breakdown between the Gamecock training staff and coaching staff for his confusion and postgame frustration, and said Clowney had been diagnosed with a "muscle strain near his rib area."

"Obviously, we all handled it poorly," Spurrier said. "All of us did."

Clowney's sudden absence and Spurrier's reaction had fueled speculation that the junior had made a decision vs. Kentucky with an eye toward keeping himself healthy for next April's draft, where Clowney could go as high as No. 1 overall. But Spurrier vigorously defended both his player's decision and his commitment to the Gamecock program.

"Let me say this about Jadeveon," Spurrier said. "If he never plays another snap here, we all should be thankful and appreciative that he came to South Carolina," Spurrier said. "We've won 26 games, two 11-2 years, the greatest seasons we've had in 120 years.

"So none of us need to be upset at Jadeveon. None of us. He's played his part tremendously."

Clowney did not practice Tuesday with the muscle strain and is questionable for the Gamecocks' trip to Arkansas Saturday.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-...rtant-clowney-

Thread Information