Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we switched to a 4-3 defense.

Bookmark and Share

If we switched to a 4-3 defense.

Do we have the dlinemen in place already?? I think if the Steelers resign Hood to a new deal(I don't think it would break the bank type deal) can the 4 man line be dominant with Hood/Heyward/McLendon/Woods/Woodley? I don't see Kiesel being here next season unlees they dont attend to drafting any dlinemen in the draft.

I think think the linebackers would be fine with Jones/Timmons/Spence/Williams and the

Dbs-Troy/Thomas/Allen/Gay/Brown/Roby( My 1st round pick, doubt it will happen)

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I doubt it.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Do we have the dlinemen in place already??
    I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to suggest a change to 4-3.

We don't aren't even remotely close to having the linemen in place for a 4-3. In that scheme, the DL is the play makers, in the 3-4 it's the line backers. This is a seismic change in the defensive scheme; not only in the player personnel that we have, but also the way that we play. Not going to happen.

Plus, we just spent a first round pick on a 3-4 line backer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post

We don't aren't even remotely close to having the linemen in place for a 4-3. In that scheme, the DL is the play makers, in the 3-4 it's the line backers. This is a seismic change in the defensive scheme; not only in the player personnel that we have, but also the way that we play. Not going to happen.

Yea, I dont think our guys would be athletic enough with a 4 dline set. You think if Lebeau retires at seasons end, we pick up Rex if the Jets get rid of him??

Draft Pick
    Id like rex for d cord

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Oh god, we would have to get a new head coach then. No way Tomlin puts up with Rex.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Rookie Free Agent
    Ironically, if personalities were aside, he is a great defensive coach, I would welcome him in Pittsburgh, and he has that attitude, better than the robots running the team today, so yes great fit IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Oh god, we would have to get a new head coach then. No way Tomlin puts up with Rex.
    He puts up with Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post

Someone suggests the 43 every year lol, Jones could play in either scheme easily...the LBs would have the easy transition
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Do we have the dlinemen in place already?? I think if the Steelers resign Hood to a new deal(I don't think it would break the bank type deal) can the 4 man line be dominant with Hood/Heyward/McLendon/Woods/Woodley? I don't see Kiesel being here next season unlees they dont attend to drafting any dlinemen in the draft.

I think think the linebackers would be fine with Jones/Timmons/Spence/Williams and the

Dbs-Troy/Thomas/Allen/Gay/Brown/Roby( My 1st round pick, doubt it will happen)
    Hood would purely be an UT. Heyward could play all over, DT in cover 2 looks would be best. They would need to draft a DE though, a stud rush DE is what they would be lacking. Woods would be an awesome nose though
    Rex is a great d cordinator and i love his scheme, you dont really have to "put up" with a def cordinator...not really going to be in the spot light

perfect then..

Thread Information