Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we switched to a 4-3 defense.

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Someone suggests the 43 every year lol, Jones could play in either scheme easily...the LBs would have the easy transition

The LBs would transition more easily than the line, but in a 4-3, we'd have far too much money tied up in the LBs and would need to move some of that money into big time defensive linemen.

Someone suggests the 43 every year lol, Jones could play in either scheme easily...the LBs would have the easy transition

Hood would purely be an UT. Heyward could play all over, DT in cover 2 looks would be best. They would need to draft a DE though, a stud rush DE is what they would be lacking. Woods would be an awesome nose though

Rex is a great d cordinator and i love his scheme, you dont really have to "put up" with a def cordinator...not really going to be in the spot light
    Thats why this draft will be interesting IF Clowney feel to us and they resigned Hood. Just something interesting to think about. Even thought I think we take Mathews in the first anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The LBs would transition more easily than the line, but in a 4-3, we'd have far too much money tied up in the LBs and would need to move some of that money into big time defensive linemen.
    Well woodley would be a DE or hed be traded, but timmons and jarvis would be awesome in a 43

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Thats why this draft will be interesting IF Clowney feel to us and they resigned Hood. Just something interesting to think about. Even thought I think we take Mathews in the first anyway.
    A few mock drafts have us picking Mathews (OT from Texas A&M) with our first round pick. Certainly would fill a major need, though I really don't like the idea of so many high picks on the lines.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post

Clowney is an Idiot. He is showing his TRUE colors. The guy refused to play this last game, and he was in NO WAY Injured at all. None of his teammates, or even his Head Coach is standing up for him for he refusal to play. The dude is a absolute ME FIRST type of player. And will never make a single difference in a team winning in the NFL. I wouldn't touch that guy with a 10ft pole.

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Clowney is an Idiot. He is showing his TRUE colors. The guy refused to play this last game, and he was in NO WAY Injured at all. None of his teammates, or even his Head Coach is standing up for him for he refusal to play. The dude is a absolute ME FIRST type of player. And will never make a single difference in a team winning in the NFL. I wouldn't touch that guy with a 10ft pole.
    Did clowney bang your mom? You really seem to have personal problem with them when really the chance of the steelers getting him are like 5%

You have no idea if he was injured, you have no idea whats going on in his head, you dont even have a clue on how talented he is according to your posts. Hes mad he couldnt declare last year, i dont blame him, i would definitely not want to jeopardize my career when its certain ill be a top 5 pick. He got to watch Lattimore last year have that very same thing happen to him.

Banned
    Did clowney bang your mom? You really seem to have personal problem with them when really the chance of the steelers getting him are like 5%

You have no idea if he was injured, you have no idea whats going on in his head, you dont even have a clue on how talented he is according to your posts. Hes mad he couldnt declare last year, i dont blame him, i would definitely not want to jeopardize my career when its certain ill be a top 5 pick. He got to watch Lattimore last year have that very same thing happen to him.

Do you know more then the SC Medical staff that said Clowney was 100 % Healthy ? Or his Head Coach who said he was, and who said he has no idea why Clowney refused to play ? Cause Clowney himself said after the game that he wouldn't address it.
    So how do defend his actions ? The bottom line is that NO DE has ever made a real difference in the NFL on a team winning or losing. But a QB does. And when you consider that there could be as many as 7 potential Franchise QB's entering the draft, and considering Clowney recent actions, you could see Clowney easily fall out of the top-10.

I dont know where i suggested we replace ben with clowney

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was at the game, Clowney said he had bruised ribs. Only he knows if that is the case or not.

Right or wrong Clowney saw first hand what happened to Lattimore last year. I am sure that is in the back of his mind somewhere. Similar situation with Wallace last season. These guys can lose HUGE money if they suffer a devastating injury.

Like I say, right or wrong, no one in hear knows for sure if he was injured or not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I was at the game, Clowney said he had bruised ribs. Only he knows if that is the case or not.

Right or wrong Clowney saw first hand what happened to Lattimore last year. I am sure that is in the back of his mind somewhere. Similar situation with Wallace last season. These guys can lose HUGE money if they suffer a devastating injury.

Like I say, right or wrong, no one in hear knows for sure if he was injured or not.

Chuck, first off..Thanks for responding to my private message...I will see if that works. As to Clowney, yeah I saw ESPN's First Take too. And that argument about Lattimore holds no weight. If he chose to comeback and play this season, then play. You can't worry about Injuries. If you do, thats when you get Injured. And as for his Ribs, the Medical staff took X-Rays, and found no bruising at all, or any Bruses on Clowney. So I tend to think this is a continued personal matter with the Head Coach. Clowney has already had arguments with Spurrier before about the defense, and how he is being used. Bottom line, I think Clowney IS Frustrated that he is NOT getting the stats that he wants...win total be damned..he wants HIS Stats so he can guarantee his draft status, that is falling. And that type of Me-first Attitude player is the kind of player I don't want in Pittsburgh Chuck. No matter how Individually talented that Clowney may be.

Thread Information