Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Man Coverage

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #61
    Rookie Free Agent tat2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    You obviously do not understand football. Sometimes even perfect coverage gets beat. Ike's coverage on that play was pretty close to perfect.

    Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
    the difference between pretty close and perfect is a punt or an extra point
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

  2. #62
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    the difference between pretty close and perfect is a punt or an extra point
    That is not completely accurate. It CAN be the difference (Marshall's catch although he did not score a TD) but often is not. There is not a CB in football (Revis included) that plays perfect defense on every play. It is unfair to expect that from Ike.

    Against the Bengals, even Moye caught a TD against Hall. It was a well thrown ball and Hall had no chance. RDS has not honored us (yet) with why Hall is considered one of the better NFL CBs while Ike is "just a guy." The last I heard, the Bears corners are supposed to be pretty good, but AB lit them up.

    I wonder, are Pro Bowlers Jennings and Tillman "just guys?" BTW, their coverage was a LOT worse on AB's TD catches than Ike had on Marshall. Not to mention, they gave up TDs. So, RDS?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  3. #63
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Again, project much? I have no problem saying I am wrong. Just as I have no problem saying that Ike did not have his best game against Minnesota. What I do have a problem with is believing that a subpar game "proves" someone is or is not "elite" or "shut down."

    You have an obvious double-standard. Ike is "just a guy" to you and you use the Minny game to "prove" it. Yet, Ben has been far below "just a guy" for much of the last 10 or so games. Yet, you still think he is elite. Who had a better game against Dallas last year? Cincy at the end of last year (or even this year)? Tennessee this season? So, a single less than par game for Ike "proves" you are right about him but Ben keeps his elite status (or at least the stink of most of the fault off him) with you after some absolutely horrid performances?

    Now here comes the excuses. The OL sucks. The WRs drop passes. Sounds kind of like the safety was out of position, right?

    And please, show me (quote me directly) where I ever stated that "ALL SEVEN" (your words) catches were the "safeties fault." I'll wait "in my basement" for your quote.



    LOL You do not "have the time" yet you go ahead and do it anyway.

    Yeah, I talk about "who I am." So, tell me. Who am I? How many jobs do I have? Where do I work? What is my education? What have I coached? It should be easy if I am talking about myself all of the time. Again, I will wait.



    Sure, "constantly." Funny coming from a guy slinging ad hominems like Brett Favre does footballs. Dude, a little self-awareness would be good for you.



    Is this the ironic statement you give to everyone before going running to the mods like a beoch to get people banned? Fortunately, they know what you are...
    Please. Your the only self righteous beoch in this room. That's why sooo many posters get into your @ss all the time. Everybody can't be wrong about you dude.

    As far as running to the mods?? I talked to the mods about one guy. The mods send me emails about certain guys but I just put them on ignore. Like I'm about to put you back on ignore. Hahahah
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  4. #64
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Posts
    5,397
    Tarlqtr, when Ike gets toasted, you say it's the safeties fault. When he supposedly does well, it's all about Ike.

    This is the classic example of how your just a small, little man who has to run around yelling and screaming of how much you know and it blew up in your face. Jerome Simpson toasted Ike. Deal with it and your argument was shot to hell.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  5. #65
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Posts
    5,397
    Tarqtr, please return to ignore..for ever more.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #66
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,039
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    That is not completely accurate. It CAN be the difference (Marshall's catch although he did not score a TD) but often is not. There is not a CB in football (Revis included) that plays perfect defense on every play. It is unfair to expect that from Ike.

    Against the Bengals, even Moye caught a TD against Hall. It was a well thrown ball and Hall had no chance. RDS has not honored us (yet) with why Hall is considered one of the better NFL CBs while Ike is "just a guy." The last I heard, the Bears corners are supposed to be pretty good, but AB lit them up.

    I wonder, are Pro Bowlers Jennings and Tillman "just guys?" BTW, their coverage was a LOT worse on AB's TD catches than Ike had on Marshall. Not to mention, they gave up TDs. So, RDS?
    if it's any consolation, you are right. you've provided a more intellectual argument, and caught them in their hypocrisy... you're not going to prove a point to these brick walls, especially Real Dumb Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

  7. #67
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Please. Your the only self righteous beoch in this room. That's why sooo many posters get into your @ss all the time. Everybody can't be wrong about you dude.
    Get to your doctor and demand to be put back on the Thorazine. Everybody? LOL You are second only to the likes of Crash and Quest in getting laughed at (by Mods too) including the topic we are currently discussing (Ike). I am not mentioning names because there is no reason to draw them into your insanity but one mod has been asking for 15 better CBs than Ike for weeks/months. You refuse to name them and we ALL know why. You are tolerated only because you have been here so long and like the retarded kid in high school nicknamed "Noogie" that the coach allows to be the ball boy. You are a mascot, nothing more.

    As far as running to the mods?? I talked to the mods about one guy. The mods send me emails about certain guys but I just put them on ignore. Like I'm about to put you back on ignore. Hahahah
    Are you confirming or denying that months ago you bragged that you were going to get me banned, tried to, and failed at it? That is 4th grade stuff, the stuff of beoches. Pull up your big girl panties and take your beatdown.

    Tarlqtr, when Ike gets toasted, you say it's the safeties fault. When he supposedly does well, it's all about Ike...
    Jerome Simpson toasted Ike. Deal with it and your argument was shot to hell.
    As usual, you make claims with no basis in reality. Please quote me where I have said any such thing. What DID happen was another poster brought up that CBs are often supposed to get safety help. I said you were not capable of understanding that. I made no such claim about even one play in the Minny game. And this is where you fall even deeper into your nonsense. I even CONCEDED that Ike had a poor game against Minny.

    The problem is that you think it conclusively "proves something". Your first argument was that Ike was "just a guy" based on a SINGLE catch by Brandon Marshall where Ike's coverage was actually quite good. I asked if Hall from Cincy was "just a guy" based on the Moye TD or Revis because of the Fitz TD. No response from you other than restating your same stupid position mixed with some insults.

    I then asked if Ben's numerous poor efforts since the Chief's game last season make him "just a guy." No response from you other than restating your same stupid position mixed with some insults.

    Then Ike had a less than par game against Simpson. Again, according to you this proves that Ike is "just a guy" I then asked you if Pro-Bowlers Jennings and Tillman each qualify as "just a guy" because AB torched them each for a TD and almost 200 yards receiving. Instead of of addressing these questions, you just ignored them because they do not back your theory that the Marshall catch or Minny game prove anything about Ike and shows you to be logically incoherent.

    In other words, your argument is in tatters.

    Tarqtr, please return to ignore..for ever more.
    It's America, so go for it. Just as you will exercise your right to ignore me, I will exercise my right to comment on your delirious posts as I see fit.
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 10-04-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  8. #68
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    if it's any consolation, you are right. you've provided a more intellectual argument, and caught them in their hypocrisy... you're not going to prove a point to these brick walls, especially Real Dumb Stupid
    LOL I knew what I was in for. It is like fighting a girl. If you lose the fight, you got beat by a girl. If you win, you beat up a girl. There is no honor in such a confrontation but sometimes you just cannot help yourself.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  9. #69
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Revis gives up a TD to DeSean Jackson. Revis must be "just a guy."
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bump and Run Coverage
    By cbrunn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 09:23 AM
  2. TV Coverage Week one
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
  3. WEEK 15 NFL COVERAGE ON CBS AND FOX
    By House of Steel in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 09:11 AM
  4. Week 12 TV Coverage
    By SteelersfaninPhilly in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •