Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Man Coverage

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Hahaha. He got beat by Marshall on a key long reception against the Bears, and he got worked over today like a 2 dollar whore on payday. I don't want to hear about Ike anymore. Nor do I need to comment. His play speaks for itself. He's just "a guy".
    You do realize that it was Cortez Allen who was beaten like a rented mule, right?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    You do realize that it was Cortez Allen who was beaten like a rented mule, right?
    Yes it was Cortez Allen who Jennings beat. But Jennings wasn't the only WR getting off that day. Jennings just caught the TD's.

Who was guarding Jerome Simpson???? 124 yards on 7 catches. Was Cortez Allen on him too??
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I don't want to debate Ike anymore. His play is settling my debate for me very nicely.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Man Coverage

Hahaha. He got beat by Marshall on a key long reception against the Bears, and he got worked over today like a 2 dollar whore on payday. I don't want to hear about Ike anymore. Nor do I need to comment. His play speaks for itself. He's just "a guy".
    Yes, the only time anyone makes a catch in the nfl, the coverage is bad. Nobody ever makes a catch with great coverage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Go read Jerome Simpson's stat line. Good nite.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Man Coverage

Go read Jerome Simpson's stat line. Good nite.
    Do you understand defense? Safety help and what not? Ike is not exclusively to blame for Simpson's stat line. Good day

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Do you understand defense? Safety help and what not? Ike is not exclusively to blame for Simpson's stat line. Good day

I believe we know the answers to those questions. Some use their Pop Warner level knowledge to explain NFL football.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's just time for NEW SCHEME'S period DL must go, and simpler schemes need to be brought in so these young guys can contribute early in there careers...

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post

Do you understand??? When you talk about who Ike SHUT DOWN, ..funny there is never any mention of safety help. But when Ike gets his @ss torched up, oh............now it's no safety help??? Please.

Tarlsqtr, you have no actual rebuttal either. You just can never admit your wrong about anything. Now you claim it's the safties fault that Ike got lite up for all seven catches? ALL SEVEN???

And I have waaaaaaaaaaaay more football knowledge then you Tarlsqtr. I just don't sit in my basement all day with that amount of time to explain WHO I am. I have a real 9-5 job. You spend all day trying to impress people with your limited knowledge. But in a nut shell..I"ve coached basketball, coached football (linebacker coach; cornerback coach).

This is a site ( I thought) to have fun and talk about our team. Not a place for people with inferiority complexes to come and pretend to have more knowledge then other people and try and belittle them which is what Tarlsqtr constantly does.

Let's talk about our team; have some fun and converse and bring different perspectives to the table. That's all this should be about. Ok..I'm done with it.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Tarlsqtr, you have no actual rebuttal either. You just can never admit your wrong about anything. Now you claim it's the safties fault that Ike got lite up for all seven catches? ALL SEVEN???
    Again, project much? I have no problem saying I am wrong. Just as I have no problem saying that Ike did not have his best game against Minnesota. What I do have a problem with is believing that a subpar game "proves" someone is or is not "elite" or "shut down."

You have an obvious double-standard. Ike is "just a guy" to you and you use the Minny game to "prove" it. Yet, Ben has been far below "just a guy" for much of the last 10 or so games. Yet, you still think he is elite. Who had a better game against Dallas last year? Cincy at the end of last year (or even this year)? Tennessee this season? So, a single less than par game for Ike "proves" you are right about him but Ben keeps his elite status (or at least the stink of most of the fault off him) with you after some absolutely horrid performances?

Now here comes the excuses. The OL sucks. The WRs drop passes. Sounds kind of like the safety was out of position, right?

And please, show me (quote me directly) where I ever stated that "ALL SEVEN" (your words) catches were the "safeties fault." I'll wait "in my basement" for your quote.

And I have waaaaaaaaaaaay more football knowledge then you Tarlsqtr. I just don't sit in my basement all day with that amount of time to explain WHO I am. I have a real 9-5 job. You spend all day trying to impress people with your limited knowledge. But in a nut shell..I"ve coached basketball, coached football (linebacker coach; cornerback coach).
    LOL You do not "have the time" yet you go ahead and do it anyway.

Yeah, I talk about "who I am." So, tell me. Who am I? How many jobs do I have? Where do I work? What is my education? What have I coached? It should be easy if I am talking about myself all of the time. Again, I will wait.

This is a site ( I thought) to have fun and talk about our team. Not a place for people with inferiority complexes to come and pretend to have more knowledge then other people and try and belittle them which is what Tarlsqtr constantly does.
    Sure, "constantly." Funny coming from a guy slinging ad hominems like Brett Favre does footballs. Dude, a little self-awareness would be good for you.

Let's talk about our team; have some fun and converse and bring different perspectives to the table. That's all this should be about. Ok..I'm done with it.
    Is this the ironic statement you give to everyone before going running to the mods like a beoch to get people banned? Fortunately, they know what you are...

Thread Information