Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Coverage

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Thank you. Like I said in the other thread, Ike is just a "guy" at cornerback and when the money was on the line, Cutler went to Marshall on that 40 yard pass and burned him. Ike doesn't intimidate anyone.
    Lol. Burned him? I suggest you find the play and watch it again. It was great coverage. We're still waiting for you to name the 15 corners better than Ike.

Thank you. Like I said in the other thread, Ike is just a "guy" at cornerback and when the money was on the line, Cutler went to Marshall on that 40 yard pass and burned him. Ike doesn't intimidate anyone.
    My god if that is getting burned our expectations for CBs are officially too high, that was great coverage.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Lol. Burned him? I suggest you find the play and watch it again. It was great coverage. We're still waiting for you to name the 15 corners better than Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    My god if that is getting burned our expectations for CBs are officially too high, that was great coverage.
    seriously, that was very solid coverage.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    And once again, (like I told you last time) I'd take the first cornerback on the top 15 teams in the league over Ike. He's nothing special. And you said the coverage was great???? He got burned when it mattered. And that's all that mattered. Great coverage is STOPPING THE CATCH!!!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Great cornerbacks like what you guys are talking about can cover the Marshalls and Fitzgerald in crunch time at the crucial time. That's what "elite" cornerbacks can do. Read these words carefully....when--it--matters--with--the--game--in--the--balance. Ike is just a guy. He does a good job against "okay" wide receivers but he can't stop elite wide receivers when it matters. Sorry but I want more. And before you ask me for example, look no further then the Seahawks.

Don't like Ike.

Assistant Coach

Man Coverage

. Great coverage is STOPPING THE CATCH!!!
    Not a single coach would agree with that
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Ike has been a solid player for this team. You could argue that him getting hurt last year is a big reason (bens picks too) why we missed the playoffs.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Ike has been a solid player for this team. You could argue that him getting hurt last year is a big reason (bens picks too) why we missed the playoffs.

I will NEVER Hate Ike. Sorry but, after living through a LONG drought.....We finally won it all in 2005 against Seattle. And Ike came away with the HUGE Interception that likely secured our Victory for our 5th SB...In 25 + years. So I can never hate Ike.
    Of course on the flip side, Ike is not worth the money he is getting. Sorry, those type of CB's do NOT get OWNED by Tm Tebow!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And once again, (like I told you last time) I'd take the first cornerback on the top 15 teams in the league over Ike. He's nothing special. And you said the coverage was great???? He got burned when it mattered. And that's all that mattered. Great coverage is STOPPING THE CATCH!!!
    You obviously do not understand football. Sometimes even perfect coverage gets beat. Ike's coverage on that play was pretty close to perfect.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information