Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something positive

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns

Something positive

Congrats to the buccos on making the playoffs. First time in 21 years. Looks like the steelers could be the only losers in this town now, it's sad to say. Sort of perked me up last night, especially after watching the steelers get dismantled Sunday night.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Congrats to the buccos on making the playoffs. First time in 21 years. Looks like the steelers could be the only losers in this town now, it's sad to say. Sort of perked me up last night, especially after watching the steelers get dismantled Sunday night.
    In the absence of a salary cap, I must say that it's a real accomplishment for a small market team like Pittsburgh to make the playoffs. I doubt they'll pull off a Marlins type run against the large market teams, but still an accomplishment. The only thing that sucks is now when people complain about teams like the Yankees, the pro-no-salary-cap people will say "payroll is meaningless! Look at the Pirates in 2013."

Something positive

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    This is great for the city...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    If we get a home playoff game the Pirates should have Sid Bream throw out the first pitch to officially end the curse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    In the absence of a salary cap, I must say that it's a real accomplishment for a small market team like Pittsburgh to make the playoffs. I doubt they'll pull off a Marlins type run against the large market teams, but still an accomplishment. The only thing that sucks is now when people complain about teams like the Yankees, the pro-no-salary-cap people will say "payroll is meaningless! Look at the Pirates in 2013."

No chance ? That's what everyone sad about the 1979 Prates. So never say never.

I'm and O's fan. But I am glad for the Pirates, I know what it was like habing 14 losing seasons as an O's fan. So it feels good when your team does well. Good luck in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    No chance ? That's what everyone sad about the 1979 Prates. So never say never.
    Since when does "I doubt" = "No chance"?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Since when does "I doubt" = "No chance"?

It doesn't. you're right. But I think Pittsburgh has a really good chance. The Cards will be tough yes. But I think maybe the Dodgers peaked too soon, and Pittsburgh still has a great rotation. And more times then not...Pitching is what makes the difference.

They have the pitching, but there bats are to up and down most of the time it seems. They have to be hot in the postseason unless there pitching can keep the opponents to 1-3 runs.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    The Buccos Bullpen is becoming a concern.......Their biggest strength all season now be the biggest weakness.....

Thread Information