Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 158

Thread: We might as well talk about it now

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Neil, forget this for a moment. As a Athlete, who is our best athlete on defense ? On the front 7 ? In your opinion ? Me, I think it's obviously Ziggy. But who do you think.

  2. #112
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    [QUOTE=WindyCityShaker;558984]I don't know what speed has to do, well yes I do, but you sure seem obsessed with speed.







    You even are obsessed with speed at QB



    And you also seem to be obsessed with talking about race too...

    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Neil, I got 4, Black Gangsters outside my house right now who can run a 10 Yd split in 1.07 seconds....what's your point ? QUOTE]





    I'm just sayin'
    Let's just say that "continuity of argument" is not one of his biggest strengths. :-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  3. #113
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,735
    yeah lets just forget about you being blatantly wrong for a sec lol

    Ike
    Troy
    Timmons

    Hood is a slob, al woods shames him as an athlete

  4. #114
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yeah lets just forget about you being blatantly wrong for a sec lol

    Ike
    Troy
    Timmons

    Hood is a slob, al woods shames him as an athlete
    He did say front 7, and yes I would go with Timmons. I have a feeling he meant to say on the DLine.

    That or he's been watching that Ziggy preseason workout video again.

  5. #115
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,047

    We might as well talk about it now

    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Neil, forget this for a moment. .
    Forget that you were wrong about Watkins speed?

    Forget that you were wrong about Bruce Smith?

    Nah
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    My point is, Athleticism is fine. But without Technique, a player will not succeed. Ziggy Hood was a FREAK coming out of college.
    But why didn't he go until the end of round 1 ? I mean the 6ft, 2 300lb Ziggy ran a 4.83 forty, that's right there with what JJ Watt ran (4.81)...and Ziggy was FASTER in the 10 and 20 yard split times. Ziggy Benched 36 Reps, and Max Benched 570Lbs.
    His verticle was off the charts, ect. So, where is the production ? And, as LB's go, Timmons is a great Athlete yes, but, he is not close to Jason Worilds. With the exception of Timmons running a faster 10 yard slpit, Jason blew him away in the 20 yard split, and was faster in the 40 as well. His verticle was better and he had 20 Lbs on Timmons when they worked out at their combines, And yet, where's the production from Worilds ?


    The reason was is because while in college, these two were known for basically Bull Rushing or speeding by their opponents. They had NO technique at all. If I'm wrong, tell me. Tell me that Ziggy Hood wasn't a better more explosive Athlete then JJ Watt, or even Suh when they came out...go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. Show me their combine numbers that PROVE me wrong when I say Ziggy's were better. And yet those two players went really High. As where every draft expert had Ziggy as a 2nd rounder. Why ? Thats because to a man, every talent evaluator said Ziggy Hood had no technique. Same for Worilds.
    And when I see Clowney, I see a guy who is I guarantee you when he finally works out will NOT be a great Athlete. And, he doesn't have any real technique either. He just seemed to BLOW by his opponents last year. Now, all of a sudden when he faces double-teams, or Offenses change how they address Clowney, he becomes Irrelevant.



    Athleticism is fine, it is. But, you better have more then Pure explosion athletic wise to succeed in the NFL.

  7. #117
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,047
    if your goal was to demonstrate that you know nothing about football you succeeded again

    I would rank your argument that Hood was a "better, more explosive" player than Watt or Suh coming out, because of their combine numbers, as the #1 dumbest argument you've attempted to make... ever. And boy, you've made some colossally stupid ones, so this is an accomplishment.

    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And when I see Clowney, I see a guy who is I guarantee you when he finally works out will NOT be a great Athlete. And, he doesn't have any real technique either. He just seemed to BLOW by his opponents last year.
    So he is not a great athlete and doesn't have any technique... hmmm.... he must've used jedi mind tricks to "blow by his opponents"
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 09-25-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    if your goal was to demonstrate that you know nothing about football you succeeded again

    I would rank your argument that Hood was a "better, more explosive" player than Watt or Suh coming out, because of their combine numbers, as the #1 dumbest argument you've attempted to make... ever. And boy, you've made some colossally stupid ones, so this is an accomplishment.




    You see, here is why I can't stand you. And why you area little Fck'ing PUNK! And why most people here can't stand you. You never address anyones argument when you are clearly wrong. And, you try and mislead everyone by writing something I said...when I DID NOT SAY IT!


    Show me WHERE I wrote that Ziggy was a better PLAYER then Watt or Suh ?...show me you little FCK'ING A-HOLE! I said a better ATHLETE then those two players...ATHLETE Mr.A-Hole! You know what, you are not worth my time. I mean we show you PROOF that most if not all our problems are because of the poorest O-Line, and OC Play calls. Other recent Steeler players say as much, and say that current players also say as much. But you Neil, you go right on singing your OWN Tune. Thinking that you know more then they all do.


    Your Dumb Azz little Geeky Punk. Who IF I ever ran into I would beat the ever living SH!T out of!! Beat you like a Red headed step child Boy!! Now get the FCK out of here.

  9. #119
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    You see, here is why I can't stand you. And why you area little Fck'ing PUNK! And why most people here can't stand you. You never address anyones argument when you are clearly wrong. And, you try and mislead everyone by writing something I said...when I DID NOT SAY IT!
    yes you did:
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Tell me that Ziggy Hood wasn't a better more explosive Athlete then JJ Watt, or even Suh when they came out...go ahead, tell me I'm wrong.

    Show me WHERE I wrote that Ziggy was a better PLAYER then Watt or Suh ?...show me you little FCK'ING A-HOLE! I said a better ATHLETE then those two players...ATHLETE Mr.A-Hole! You know what, you are not worth my time. I mean we show you PROOF that most if not all our problems are because of the poorest O-Line, and OC Play calls. Other recent Steeler players say as much, and say that current players also say as much. But you Neil, you go right on singing your OWN Tune. Thinking that you know more then they all do.
    semantics
    You said, better, more explosive athlete.... so what if I quoted you as player. ZIGGY HOOD IS NOT MORE EXPLOSIVE THAN NDAMAKUNG SUH.... regardless of what you gleaned from combine numbers. Try watching football more.



    Your Dumb Azz little Geeky Punk. Who IF I ever ran into I would beat the ever living SH!T out of!! Beat you like a Red headed step child Boy!! Now get the FCK out of here.
    ... i can understand your anger. You want to parade around like a know-it-all, yet constantly stick your foot in your mouth. Bruce Smith never, ever, played 3-4 DE.... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

  10. #120
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    359
    What is funny is I don't know why we got on the "athlete" point of conversation, I know how, but not why.

    You're making the argument that athletes, need technique not just athletic measurables to succeed, and you know this is the most accurate you've been about anything.

    Here's the rub though. The problem is that you're scolding everyone here because you fear we're trying to draft Clowney based off of nothing but his athletic prowess......that we're doomed to make the same mistake as with Hood.......but if....


    I see a guy who is I guarantee you when he finally works out will NOT be a great Athlete. ....why would we draft him if his measurables will be horrible? Because of his awesome technique, that apparently you say he doesn't have?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Talk about an *** kicking
    By StlersGuy in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •