Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Velasco to Start

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Well, I would say that we have to give them this season before determining our line needs. Adams and Decastro are essentially "rookies" when it comes to playing time. There can be a huge difference between game 1 and game 16 with a young lineman. Unfortunately, it does look like we will need a lot of help despite all of the high draft picks spent on the line. Others probably disagree, but I am more than willing to let Pouncey walk next year. I think he will be asking for more than he is worth and you can usually get decent centers in the 4-5th round.

I think Decastro is solid. What happened to Pouncey was HIS fault. Every expert said so. I think Adams can be a good RIGHT Tackle, but not a LT. Gilbert, I'm trying to give him a break but he looks terrible. He needs to go in all likelyhood.
    So at the very LEAST...we need a solid PROVEN LT....and they are not cheap. The dude for Texas AM...Matthews...he looks terrible. Alabama is eating him up. This is his first time ever playing LT, and I KNOW he was rated the best O-Linemen by draft sites...but so far against good, not GREAT D-Linemen...he looks lost.

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    The dude for Texas AM...Matthews...he looks terrible. Alabama is eating him up. This is his first time ever playing LT, and I KNOW he was rated the best O-Linemen by draft sites...but so far against good, not GREAT D-Linemen...he looks lost.
    Talking out of your *** again I see. Shocker.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Talking out of your *** again I see. Shocker.

And you obviously are not watching the game. Even the announcer Danielson has called him several times today for missed blocking assignments. But you know more then Gary Danielson huh ? ( LOL )

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And you obviously are not watching the game. Even the announcer Danielson has called him several times today for missed blocking assignments. But you know more then Gary Danielson huh ? ( LOL )
    Just stop. Every time you're about to type something, think to yourself "Will this make me look even dumber than I already do?" Chances are the answer is yes (as impossible as that may seem).

Assistant Coach
    Matthews looked very good... as expected
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Veteran
    I have high hopes that Velasco will do a good job this year and settle into becomming a good back up C for us.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I'm happy about it too (althought I know a lot aren't) but I figure it can't be any worse than subbing with a TE, can it?? That was...well, I'm lost for words lol And this link to info on him doesn't sound too bad. Might take him a few games to get with it, but at least he's actually a Center http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...locking-scheme

Thread Information