Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Velasco to Start

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I saw the hack last night but don't see it now.
    I saw it just a minute ago, but it seems to be gone now.

  2. #12
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,784
    My sh*t is still all messed up

    Edit: all good now
    Last edited by Big T; 09-13-2013 at 08:24 PM.

  3. #13
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,173
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I speak the truth is all. This whole thread is a waste IMHO. Of course all the players are gonna say look how quickley he's picking up the playbook...what else would they say ???
    they could've said nothing... i dont remember hearing any comments about how quickly cody wallace was picking up the playbook... do you?

    Doesn't change the fact that this guy was cut from Tennessee, and available for 2 weeks, with NO other NFL team even giving his a sniff...Including us.
    you dont know that at all
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 09-13-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

  4. #14
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Re: Velasco to Start

    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I speak the truth is all. This whole thread is a waste IMHO. Of course all the players are gonna say look how quickley he's picking up the playbook...what else would they say ??? Doesn't change the fact that this guy was cut from Tennessee, and available for 2 weeks, with NO other NFL team even giving his a sniff...Including us. So now all of a sudden this guy is a GENIUS ? Great, he has a Sheldon Cooper like memory. How is that helping him stop the leagues BEST DT in Atkins ?
    Hey he played Cincinnati in preseason, why dont you go watch the tape? He held his own against them. Why don't you try watching more and posting less? It will help us all.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #15
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,802

    Velasco to Start

    This makes me happy happy happy!!

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Hey he played Cincinnati in preseason, why dont you go watch the tape? He held his own against them. Why don't you try watching more and posting less? It will help us all.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2




    Yes and he was SO Impressive...he was Cut. And then not signed by anyone else for 2 weeks. Not until Pouncey was gone after the first game. And this in a league that is KILLING themselves for halfway decent NFL O-Linemen.

  7. #17
    Starter SuperSteelers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Posts
    1,768
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm glad they are starting Velasco but I don't think it is going to matter when it is all said and done. I don't see this team heading into a hostile environment for a Monday night game with a juiced up crowd and bringing home a victory. I keep reading articles stating that if the Steelers do this and do that, they can win this game. They have not been doing this or doing that in a long time so these articles are just grasping for straws.

    The Steelers are going to need at least 3 turnovers just to stay in this game but we all know that turnovers is not something this team is capable of creating.
    Last edited by SuperSteelers; 09-14-2013 at 04:44 PM.

  8. #18
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,341
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Yes and he was SO Impressive...he was Cut. And then not signed by anyone else for 2 weeks. Not until Pouncey was gone after the first game. And this in a league that is KILLING themselves for halfway decent NFL O-Linemen.
    You do not understand how things work.

    Velasco was not cut because he could not play. He was cut to save money.

    And most teams do not have much interest in signing a starting offensive lineman a week before the season unless they have a gaping need, usually because of injury. Velasco and his agent probably had no interest in signing as a backup (sitting on the bench for a season does not get you a decent contract next year) and were waiting for such a hole to open. When Pouncey went down, Velasco was there to fill it.

    The guy graded out very well last year, better than Pouncey. He is average to slightly above average at his position. Once he gets comfortable with the offense, he will not be too much of a drop off.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    You do not understand how things work.

    Velasco was not cut because he could not play. He was cut to save money.

    And most teams do not have much interest in signing a starting offensive lineman a week before the season unless they have a gaping need, usually because of injury. Velasco and his agent probably had no interest in signing as a backup (sitting on the bench for a season does not get you a decent contract next year) and were waiting for such a hole to open. When Pouncey went down, Velasco was there to fill it.

    The guy graded out very well last year, better than Pouncey. He is average to slightly above average at his position. Once he gets comfortable with the offense, he will not be too much of a drop off.





    I hope you're right. I really do. I know considering our OL, he can't be any worse. But if Gilbert and Adams continue to play average to below average, then we will need maybe 4 NEW Starters next season on our OL. And all rookies would be a disaster. So we GOTTA spend MAJOR Buck next off season to get some QUALITY O-Linemen for Ben. Which means bye-bye to players like Troy-Ike-Kiesel-Sanders-Hood and Foote. We HAVE to spend at least 60-80 million on QUALITY O-linemen.
    Ben deserves it.

  10. #20
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,341
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I hope you're right. I really do. I know considering our OL, he can't be any worse. But if Gilbert and Adams continue to play average to below average, then we will need maybe 4 NEW Starters next season on our OL. And all rookies would be a disaster. So we GOTTA spend MAJOR Buck next off season to get some QUALITY O-Linemen for Ben. Which means bye-bye to players like Troy-Ike-Kiesel-Sanders-Hood and Foote. We HAVE to spend at least 60-80 million on QUALITY O-linemen.
    Ben deserves it.
    Well, I would say that we have to give them this season before determining our line needs. Adams and Decastro are essentially "rookies" when it comes to playing time. There can be a huge difference between game 1 and game 16 with a young lineman. Unfortunately, it does look like we will need a lot of help despite all of the high draft picks spent on the line. Others probably disagree, but I am more than willing to let Pouncey walk next year. I think he will be asking for more than he is worth and you can usually get decent centers in the 4-5th round.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers sign Fernando Velasco (Center/Guard)
    By NeilPatrickBanana in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:16 PM
  2. Should Ben start ?
    By Vincent in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 02:53 PM
  3. Who do you start...
    By jpele in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
  4. Who's Better and More Likely to Start?
    By bigben119 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 09:45 PM
  5. Big Ben wants to start over
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •