Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The only hope? No huddle!

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville

The only hope? No huddle!

Morale of Steeler fans is at an all-time low, pundits are talking about the Steelers being the biggest negative surprise of week one, the Steelers offense is totally inept with an elite (arguably) QB.

This can only be saved by letting Ben run the no-huddle and build some confidence! Even if Haley has a solid game plan tonight and we win convincingly, we will all wonder when his next blunder will come! Let Ben take the reigns and let Haley understand his place (I personally have said since day one that he was a terrible hire) and let them get on the same page until it either works or the Steelers fire him at the end of this season.

The Titans nearly beat the SB bound Texans... Maybe there is a defense there in Tennessee

KC is looking tough too.. when do we play them?

The Ravens and Browns look like the 3rd and 4th place teams in the afcn.

The Steelers have a shot at this division. we shall see.

I don't know about that I have always felt that Pouncey won the Center position because he was super athletic for the positon instead of how well he adjusted and lead the o-line. Pouncey's injury could be a blessing in disguise if Velasco is as good as it has been said he is. He's not as athletic but he should be better at making the calls and making sure every one is aware and understanding the situation. I remember some one saying in the Titans game that at times one side of the line way blocking one way and the other side was doing something completely different as if they had to different calls. That's where I think Velasco will upgrade this line. Hopefully that will allow us to move Pouncey to guard once he's back.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I don't know about that I have always felt that Pouncey won the Center position because he was super athletic for the positon instead of how well he adjusted and lead the o-line. Pouncey's injury could be a blessing in disguise if Velasco is as good as it has been said he is. He's not as athletic but he should be better at making the calls and making sure every one is aware and understanding the situation. I remember some one saying in the Titans game that at times one side of the line way blocking one way and the other side was doing something completely different as if they had to different calls. That's where I think Velasco will upgrade this line. Hopefully that will allow us to move Pouncey to guard once he's back.
    Pouncey's "intelligence" was always in question for me. He was one of those guys who was more ready for a fight than the next play and wasn't it him who wore a "free Hernandez" hat?

But my concern is way bigger than the "player" level, I have always thought Todd Haley is a bill of goods. Which then makes me question the decision to hire him....we've now hired a new O-line coach who has assembled what looks like the worst O-line in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    The Titans nearly beat the SB bound Texans... Maybe there is a defense there in Tennessee

SB bound Texans? The Texans are the latest version of the Bengals and the Cowboys, pre season darlings who never get it done.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

First off, I think when a Tennessee team gives up MORE then 500 yards to Houston, and that was WITHOUT WR Johnson for the 2nd half...you can hardly call that Defense All-World son. Secondly, the Titans did NOT almost beat the Texans....it was the Texans who ALMOST BLEW the game to Tennessee. I mean their QB Schoub GAVE a gimme TD to Tennessee, and set them up inside the Houston 7 yard line with another TO.

So don't compare what Houston did yesterday, with what the Steelers did against Tennessee a week ago. Cause Pittsburgh couldn't get off the mat offensively at all. As where Houston had well over 500 yards on offense. They just blew a couple of easy chances that would have made that game a Blow out. But in the end, the HOME TEAM Texans DID what the Home town Steelers could not....and that is WIN!

And that son IS........The Bottom Line!!!

When Haley was initially hired, I thought we would see the no huddle more often. I am in favor of it.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    When Haley was initially hired, I thought we would see the no huddle more often. I am in favor of it.
    They don't want to run no huddle because they're too obsessed with time of possession.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    They don't want to run no huddle because they're too obsessed with time of possession.

Running a no huddle offense has NOTHING to do whatsoever with Time of possession.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Running a no huddle offense has NOTHING to do whatsoever with Time of possession.
    Is does when you consider that if you're going up-tempo you won't hold onto the ball as long. The Steelers still think there's such a thing as "scoring too fast."

Thread Information