Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben Becoming Big Comeback Killer

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

Big Ben Becoming Big Comeback Killer

Formerly known for his ability to lead the Steelers back from deficits to victories, the crunch-time pick is becoming the norm for Big Ben. Last night, trailing by two scores and time winding down, the interception on third and two, while already in field goal rangewas a huge blunder. If there was ever time for a run-play in that game, that was it. Even no-gain at least gets you a chance to tie on the next possession.
    Shooting himself in the foot seems to have become standard operating procedure for Big Ben. It's almost like he's trying to get Haley fired (not that Haley needs any help) by making dunderhead plays. Going back to the end of last season, when the Steelers faded at season's end, Ben has failed in crunch-time to produce the comeback victories he'd become well known for earlier in his career. Instead, you almost expect him to throw a game-ending pick. Or is he picking (subconsciously) a game-ending throw?
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    Maybe instead of asking Ben to bail the team out in the 4th quarter, they should let him win it earlier. And the INT wasn't his fault, that was Cotchery's.

What too many Steeler fans don't understand is that he has been set up to fail this year. No #1 TE, no #1 WR. A team that plays with outdated philosophies that tries to turn every game into a low-scoring grind. And yet he's blamed because he can't always bail the Steelers out from their own stupidity.

At this point, maybe Ben should go on to another team. They'd treat him better while the Steelers continue to remain in the past and quickly become irrelevant.

Ben missed 89, 88, 84, 81, at least 12 times wide open...

Get77 - You really didn't see ben miss all these open WR's?

Did you see Dalton miss his passes in the 1st qtr, high, wide, short... Bengals scored zero... then Ben returned the favor in the second half... high, long, wide... zero points...

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

Did you see Dalton miss his passes in the 1st qtr, high, wide, short... Bengals scored zero... then Ben returned the favor in the second half... high, long, wide... zero points...
    I saw, and he didn't have a great game. He'd be the first to admit that.

Coldrolled, DO YOU see the rest of the problems with this team? That they do not build around their franchise QB? That their philosophies are outdated? That they have no #1 WR?

You're just like the typical yinzer "BLAME THE QB! IT'S ALL THE QB'S FAULT! RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN!" I bet you were one of those people that wanted Bradshaw ran out of town after winning 4 super bowl.

How about you direct some of your frustrations at Art II and the front office? They surrounded their franchise QB with chicken **** and expected him to make chicken salad.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    If you watched the game most of those overthrown balls were because the QB and receivers weren't on the same page. That falls on the coaching staff, this team is missing all the basic fundamentals needed to compete on the field. It's the standard.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

my god....how in the hell was that pick his fault? Cotchery ****ed up bad

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Maybe instead of asking Ben to bail the team out in the 4th quarter, they should let him win it earlier. And the INT wasn't his fault, that was Cotchery's.

What too many Steeler fans don't understand is that he has been set up to fail this year. No #1 TE, no #1 WR. A team that plays with outdated philosophies that tries to turn every game into a low-scoring grind. And yet he's blamed because he can't always bail the Steelers out from their own stupidity.

At this point, maybe Ben should go on to another team. They'd treat him better while the Steelers continue to remain in the past and quickly become irrelevant.
    WTF are you smoking? His #1 TE is injured, did we conspire to have Heath's knee shredded last year?

I've said it before do we have a Dez, Julio, or AJ as our #1, no we don't. Could we afford to pay a receiver like that, and refresh an aging difference, and try to assemble a semblence of a respectable OLine, and give Ben almost $13,000,000 a year to miss receivers that are 10 ****ing yards away from him? Go back and look at the tape, Cotchery's fault my ***.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    LOL That pass was high and behind Cotch. It was on Ben.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-interception

Ben was bad last night. Very bad considering that the OL did a better job pass blocking than I expected they would (I am not saying they were "good" but not "horrible").

All that said, those slamming Ben have it all wrong. He is the only one that I have full confidence in getting it turned around.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

He didn't see the game, he was watching it by stat tracker on NFL.com or something, he was keeping count with this "official" dropped passes instead of watching the game to actually see what was happening. My guees is, he is from the UK or another country.

Ben was obviously off last night, the play calling was bad also. Blame can be put on Ben and Haley.

But for ****s sake, Ben never messes up according to some.

Banned
    The pick wasn't Cotch's fault. Poor throw.

But the entire offense is a mess. They are so worried about not getting Ben hit they've turned him into a one read thrower.

Some of those throws were misses. A lot were because he couldn't fit a ball into a tight spot with WRs who don't separate against a secondary that's always given him trouble.

And the one WR they have that can stretch a defense (Wheaton) doesn't play as a rookie like WRs did for Mularkey, Whiz, and Arians.

Haley's an idiot. He looks like a guy reading out of a manual. He has no feel for the game. Reminds me of Joe Schmoe trying to cook an elaborate dinner simply by reading a cookbook, where as a trained chef has the knack for cooking it.

Ben knew Paulson fumbled, he wanted to get a play off. But Haley had to sub his players, and gave Marvin time to see the replay.

Todd Haley has gotten where he is in the NFL simply by knowing the right people. If his Daddy didn't get him in the door he'd be shagging balls off some driving range somewhere.

Turned the modern day Terry Bradshaw into Trent Dilfer.

All because Art II was pissed off that Ben and Arians were close.

Let Ben go. He deserves the right to finish his career with a team (and owner) who respects him.

It's clear Art doesn't.

And banning me from here for no reason, doesn't change that.

Good day.

Thread Information