Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Train; Big-T..........I've gotta call you both out!

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

Red face K-Train; Big-T..........I've gotta call you both out!

Lovingly,

I'm calling you two out. Both of you were hammering people through the preseason as they committed on the play of the team. And both of you were lambasting posters by saying they were "over-reacting" and that the preseason games didn't mean all that much.

And to be fair, I didn't put too much stock into the preseason either. But I wasn't verbally mocking those posters who had concerns.

So we are now 0-2 (eliminated from playoff contention for all realistic purposes) and staring 0-3 in the face along with a top 5 draft pick.

This thread is the perfect vehicle for both of you to come back and give those who had concerns their props.

Sincerely, your buddy

Real Deal Steel
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    how are we eliminated from the playoffs? we were 0-2 then 1-3 in 2002 and made the playoffs at 10-5-1, falling one bad acting job from joe nedney, from moving onto the afc title game....

We are not eliminated from the playoffs, but its not looking great either. The only good thing to take away from our current situation is that all the other AFC North teams are looking horrible as well.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach
    correlation does not equal causation
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Concerns have always been there, especially with the run game, but the "concerns" in preseason are there year after year after year....1 time they look legit and everyone who was down on them is a genius all of the sudden?

Warren Sapp has said the steelers were going to be a shell of their former selves for about half a decade now, but now he thinks he looks like a genius.

Realistically they need to learn how to run the ball, realistically ben needs to be sharper, and cotchery, sanders, and brown HAVE to learn how to catch.

They are legitimately 1 game out of being tied for first place in the division. They face a must win on sunday night, but unless they can run the ball i dont see that happening. Not sure how "calling me out" is doing anything, i hate the bitching and moaning EVERY preseason, not just this one. Need bell, need wheaton, and most of all need heath

Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    how are we eliminated from the playoffs? we were 0-2 then 1-3 in 2002 and made the playoffs at 10-5-1, falling one bad acting job from joe nedney, from moving onto the afc title game....
    Dude, since the schedule has gone to 16 games, only 11.7 percent of teams that start 0-2 have ever made the playoffs. Not to mention, we are staring 0-3 right in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Concerns have always been there, especially with the run game, but the "concerns" in preseason are there year after year after year....1 time they look legit and everyone who was down on them is a genius all of the sudden?

Warren Sapp has said the steelers were going to be a shell of their former selves for about half a decade now, but now he thinks he looks like a genius.

Realistically they need to learn how to run the ball, realistically ben needs to be sharper, and cotchery, sanders, and brown HAVE to learn how to catch.

They are legitimately 1 game out of being tied for first place in the division. They face a must win on sunday night, but unless they can run the ball i dont see that happening. Not sure how "calling me out" is doing anything, i hate the bitching and moaning EVERY preseason, not just this one. Need bell, need wheaton, and most of all need heath
    K-Train,

Even if Bell came back 100% healthy, there are no holes in that O-line to run through. Remember, even before Pouncey went down, there was no place for Redman to go. The O-line wasn't getting it done against the Titans at full strength. And that's just the truth of the matter. I don't see any run game coming from this O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dude, since the schedule has gone to 16 games, only 11.7 percent of teams that start 0-2 have ever made the playoffs. Not to mention, we are staring 0-3 right in the face.
    Theyve really harped on that stat the last week for some reason. Steelers have started 0-2 5 times in 25 years and finished above 9-7 or better each year and made the playoffs 4/5 times. That stat is just said matters just as little as the overall 11% stat

I dont think were looking at a playoff team here, but do you see how useless that stat is? If they turn it around and rattle off 9 straight wins they will look like a playoff team regardless of how they started or how bad they look now
    Last edited by K Train; 09-18-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    K-Train,

Even if Bell came back 100% healthy, there are no holes in that O-line to run through. Remember, even before Pouncey went down, there was no place for Redman to go. The O-line wasn't getting it done against the Titans at full strength. And that's just the truth of the matter. I don't see any run game coming from this O-line.
    1) that tends to get better as the season goes on, some olinemen just have to "get it"
    2) Redman is abysmal and the slowest RB ive ever seen ever, has zero explosion
    3) Bell (in theory) should offer something in the passing game
    4) Heath will at LEAST prevent stacking the box

All of this said there are just some guys that need to be better, haley included.....3 straight run plays to open the game, i wanted to throw up

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Theyve really harped on that stat the last week for some reason. Steelers have started 0-2 5 times in 25 years and finished above 9-7 or better each year and made the playoffs 4/5 times.

I dont think were looking at a playoff team here, but do you see how useless that stat is? If they turn it around and rattle off 9 straight wins they will look like a playoff team regardless of how they started or how bad they look now
    Listen to yourself K, " If they rattle off 9 straight wins". K....come on dude. They can't run the ball a lick. And Brown and Haley are going at it already.

Thread Information