Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers May Get Tight End Miller Back In Week 2

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And when Miller does comeback, and gets playing, he likely will be in his final season as a Steeler. This article clearly shows that the 2014 steelers salary situation is PURE HELL! They will likely have to outright cut/release...Heath...Troy...Ike Taylor...Kiesel.....and maybe even...dare I say..( Dare-Dare )......Ben!!!

Hey, just telling the facts people. Which Is why I have been saying, if the losses continue,,,,Trade these guys NOW!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lary-cap-mess/
    I'd rather see Clark/Troy/Kiesel go before Miller. Miller has been nothing but consistent for this team, he still has a few years in him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I'd rather see Clark/Troy/Kiesel go before Miller. Miller has been nothing but consistent for this team, he still has a few years in him.

Agree with you. And I KNOW that even teams in Cap Hell can always find a way to restructure this player, and that player and make it work for that particular season. But, it does not help that team down the road money wise. So I would rather deal players that you KNOW aren't going to be part of your team in 2014 & 2015....for whatever you can get NOW. Rather then just have to cut them after this season, and get nothing. I still think to a Veteran team that is a player or 2 away from maybe a SB...players like Troy, Ike Taylor, and Keisel would be valuable. And Emmanuel Sanders could easily get us a 3rd rounder, probably a 2nd rounder from a team like New England. Especially if they continue to struggle.

If the Steelers get to 0-3 after the Bears game....then I say Blow it up. Cause 0-3 teams NEVER make the playoffs. So why even try, only to get to maybe 7 to 8 wins, and kill our draft chances. ?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Rushed in like RGIII , he looked real good.. He needs another 8 weeks.
    I'd say that's a pretty realistic estimate. Usually takes 10 months to recover from that injury. He got injured December 26th, so that would be around October 26th he'd be ready, which is about 7 weeks from now or so.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I agree with who you want to let go, and who you'd like to keep--agree with letting all the rest go except Kiesel--I'd like to keep Da Beard for at least one more year!

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Steelers May Get Tight End Miller Back In Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And when Miller does comeback, and gets playing, he likely will be in his final season as a Steeler. This article clearly shows that the 2014 steelers salary situation is PURE HELL! They will likely have to outright cut/release...Heath...Troy...Ike Taylor...Kiesel.....and maybe even...dare I say..( Dare-Dare )......Ben!!!

Hey, just telling the facts people. Which Is why I have been saying, if the losses continue,,,,Trade these guys NOW!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lary-cap-mess/
    Quoting Florio shows you know nothing about the game. Ben will be extended as well as Miller which will drop their cap number. Now Ike or Troy may have to go or take a paycut, but nexts years cap is not a mess. Its better than the last two years. It could easily be taken care of in three or four moves. Also, the cap space Miller created is still there, it was just precautionary if they need to sign someone else. If they don't, they can just carry it over.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Quoting Florio shows you know nothing about the game. Ben will be extended as well as Miller which will drop their cap number. Now Ike or Troy may have to go or take a paycut, but nexts years cap is not a mess. Its better than the last two years. It could easily be taken care of in three or four moves. Also, the cap space Miller created is still there, it was just precautionary if they need to sign someone else. If they don't, they can just carry it over.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes we can arrange a bunch of current deals and get below the Cap next season. But, you are forgetting about the other players we have that ARE Free agents that we need to re-sign, or replace...Hood, Allen, ect. Bottom line in my opinion, those Base salary numbers for Woodley and Timmons are ridiculous. Neither one are in the top-30 for their positions, and SHOULDN'T ever have a Base salary Cap number of over 3 million. So, either each has to take at least a 12 million salary cut in their total Base salaries. Or, Both Woodley & Timmons MUST be released.

On a conference call with the Chicago media Wednesday, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said Miller is scheduled to participate fully in practice.

“He’s going to work and we’ll base his availability on how he responds to that work,” Tomlin said.

Miller had 71 catches for 816 yards and eight touchdowns last year, setting career-high marks in receiving yards and scores. He tore his ACL in Week 16.

“Obviously he’s a quality veteran player that knows how to play, that is a very good player,” Tomlin said about the value of Miller’s potential return. “[He] has a great rapport with our quarterback and fits well in our schemes. What he’s capable of speaks for itself. His health is first and foremost in determining his availability.”

Pittsburgh’s passing offense is ranked 26th in the league through two weeks. David Paulson has three catches for 49 yards at tight end in Miller’s absence.

“To me, he’s the best tight end in the game,” said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. “He helps in the run game, obviously helps in the pass game and just having another guy who’s been there will help.”

Miller had three catches for 27 yards the last time the Steelers and Bears played one another in 2009. Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph had three catches for 42 yards, including a 20-yard touchdown catch against the Bears on Sunday. Bengals tight ends Jermaine Gresham and Tyler Eifert combined for 10 caches for 92 yards vs. Chicago in Week One.

http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/09/18/...unday/b3dqymj/

Thread Information