Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger versus other "elite" QBs

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Then the QB should make pre-snap hot reads into the empy zone being blitzed from...
    You go make pre-snap hot reads while stroking Andrew Luck off. Stop responding to me. I don't like you.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    You go make pre-snap hot reads while stroking Andrew Luck off. Stop responding to me. I don't like you.
    There's an ignore feature. You can make it so that you never have to see my responses to your posts. That way, I can continue to point out your weak and flawed arguments, and you don't have to see them, thus requiring you to make a comment involving your obsession with penis.

I'm glad you remember the Andrew Luck argument
    Return of the Banana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    There's an ignore feature. You can make it so that you never have to see my responses to your posts. That way, I can continue to point out your weak and flawed arguments, and you don't have to see them, thus requiring you to make a comment involving your obsession with penis.

I'm glad you remember the Andrew Luck argument
    You only continue to point out what a fantasy football loser you are and how you actually translate pathetic fantasy knowledge to some kind of tangible real world worth.

Did you land Luck in your fantasy draft? Do stare at his profile picture all day and wish it were real so you could touch him?
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 09-10-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Starter
    well, with Heath apparently back this week, what can we expect, blocking-wise on the line, also with the addition of velasco at center....assuming he starts....dwyer back in the backfield again, or does redman get the call?
    Last edited by teeceemadison; 09-10-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    this^^^^
    this^

Ben is an elite athlete and football player and all around QB, but he is not an elite passer and never has been. He throws a pretty ball and his knack for keeping the play alive and finding a big play is some of the best ability a QB can ever ask to have. He has always had a terrific release and great mobility which are assets for him and what makes him so great.

Andrew luck has some of those abilities, but he also is a better passer in the way that eli manning is a better passer (an always has been, even if manning doesnt have some of the other qualities ben does). Luck has qualities of ben and eli. He is a terrific in the pocket passer like eli, he is a big, strong player with great mobility and underrated running ability like roethlisberger (especially early in his career)

There is really nothing wrong with praising lucks natural ability, hes a special player and the kind of player people into the draft, scouts, and coaches drool over the idea of having. Colts following up manning with luck is very unfair

Draft Pick
    This thread started by talking about QB's and how unfair that Ben has these receivers, Olines, coordinators, etc. If you wan't to measure up Ben, (and in the process really expose our trouble areas) evaluate the following.

WITH our current receivers, Oline, and defense just swap out Tomlin/Haley & Ben for Belichick & Brady, McCarthy & Rodgers, or Payton & Brees ...... outcome? at WORST a conference championship game appearance, but I would bet on a Super Bowl victory.

Now the I'm not saying we can't win with Ben (we obviously have 2 Super Bowls with him at the helm) but I believe that if you put him on the Saints with Payton and their weapons he does well enough there, next best option would be in Green Bay (their line is as bad as ours but a better coordinator and "overall" weapons). If he had the "weapons" <Sarcasm> that Brady has had most of his career, even with Belichick, I don't think Ben has the same successes as Brady, I don't even think he'd have two rings, no way he could have made up for their defensive deficiencies for years.

Banned
    Ben holds better passing records, higher completion percentage, YPA, YPC, ect in his first 5 years that are BETTER then either Manning, Brady, Rodgers, ect. Ben is a GREAT passer. He just went to a team that under Cowher who has NEVER believed in anything offensively other then the " Rockem'/Sockem' Robert type of " Conservative " offense that Cowher lives and dies with.
    Then came a TRUE Defensive Coach in Tomlin, who tried to add his OWN Offensive ideas to a team when he has NEVER had any Imput on Offense ever.

Ben has not been as Lucky as QB's like Manning, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, ect, ect to be on teams that are NOT ancient and dead set on a Offensive philosophy that is stuck in the same time as " That 70's Show "

Draft Pick
    Markus Wheaton could be the guy that stretches the field and gives the rest of the offense room, something Wallace did for the Steelers. However, Tomlin won't play him because he's a rookie and he hasn't "earned it."

Assistant Coach

Roethlisberger versus other "elite" QBs

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    You only continue to point out what a fantasy football loser you are and how you actually translate pathetic fantasy knowledge to some kind of tangible real world worth.

Did you land Luck in your fantasy draft? Do stare at his profile picture all day and wish it were real so you could touch him?
    I drafted kaepernick in the 4th in 3 of 4 leagues... Peyton in the 2nd in the other (that league gives 6 for passing Tds)

Luck is more talented than Ben, there were those that knew that from day 1...
    Return of the Banana

Thread Information