Thread: Getting more draft picks

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Getting more draft picks

Okay, I am NOT saying that I am giving up on the season right yet. But, if the Steelers do lose next Monday night. And if the O-line is just as bad as last Sunday, and the offense again struggles, and the Run game is Invisable, then would you consider calling the Patriots right now, and offering them Emmanuel Sanders...the WR they tried to get this last off season, and ask them for their 2014 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK! I ask that because of the news that the " Walking " M.A.S.H. unit that is Danny Amendola is once again hurt......

Patriots | More on Danny Amendola
    Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:45:22 -0700
    Updating a previous report, New England Patriots WR Danny Amendola's (groin) status beyond the team's Week 2 game is also in doubt. Amendola is almost certain to miss the team's Week 2 game.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2eVxIYqyU

Besides Amendola, the Patriots have no real experienced WR. Especially of the type of Fast slot WR like Sanders is. If the Patriots do win game 2, and are at 2-0, but feel that Amendola will likely be on & off as it goes to playing, then maybe the Patriots would send us a 2nd rounder to secure Sanders. Now, as far as Steeler fans who would say HELL NO to this...remember, Sanders is a walk away free agent after this season. And even IF we did get a future draft pick compensation for Sanders, I seriously doubt it would be anything higher then a 4th rounder at best. And more likely it will be just a 5th rounder. Teams starting off 0-2 have made the playoffs only 13 % of the time. So the Odds will be seriously against us if we do go 0-2. So why not bite the bullit, and deal Sanders away to New England now...while Amendola is hurt, and when they are more likely to agree to deal a 2nd rounder for Sanders.

That way, after we get compensation this draft for the losses of Wallace & K. Lewis, we will have a HOST of draft picks, very possibly a Mid-1st..( If we deal down a little for another teams additional 3rd rounder )..and then 2, 2nd, and 2-3rd round picks to help refill our roster.

So, I am NOT saying we should do it yet. But, if we get killed Big time in game 2, I have to say I would look to move Sanders, and just get Wheaton & Moye a ton of PT the rest of this season.

Assistant Coach
    Sanders is not a slot receiver in the new england scheme

they were trying to sign him to play split end, that's what his strengths play to
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 09-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Return of the Banana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Sanders is not a slot receiver in the new england scheme

they were trying to sign him to play split end, that's what his strengths play to

If and whenever Amendola plays I would agree, Sanders would be the Edge WR. But make no mistake, Sanders CAN be a Slot WR in ANY system. There is not ONE Physical WR talent that Amendola has over Sanders. And New England seriously wanted Sanders as well. As usual Neil, you totally AVOID answering the question. So do me, and EVERYONE else here a favor...either answer the question I have posted...or just stay off the Board all together.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    If and whenever Amendola plays I would agree, Sanders would be the Edge WR. But make no mistake, Sanders CAN be a Slot WR in ANY system. There is not ONE Physical WR talent that Amendola has over Sanders. And New England seriously wanted Sanders as well. As usual Neil, you totally AVOID answering the question. So do me, and EVERYONE else here a favor...either answer the question I have posted...or just stay off the Board all together.
    yea, you got me. i totally avoided answering your stupid question. im going to leave the boards now.
    :rolleys:
    Return of the Banana

jesus....

Rookie Free Agent
    That might not be a bad idea its just too early to give up on the season even if they drop Monday night against the Bengals. I think one thing that is forgotten is how young this offensive line is. I usually dont give up on a player until his third year. Adams is in his second year and Decastro was hurt a lot last year so this is pretty much his first year coming off an injury. Gilbert has been better in the past I hope this is just a funk. Ramon Foster im a little worried about his pass protection but he was consistent in the past. I'm a little worried about their depth at oline though

Thread Information