Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger versus other "elite" QBs

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    He also was undrafted, under 5ft 10 and 170 Lbs, and ran a steller 4.68 forty at Texas Tech. He also never had a season over 600 Yds receiving. And, he wasn't even on the Pats Radar, or any other teams Radar during the off season...if it weren't for us matching the offer for Sanders....Amendola wouldn't even be PLAYING....But he's so good according to you!
    He had over 600 yards last season. He had as many yards per game as Sanders. Stop being a moron.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    He had over 600 yards last season. He had as many yards per game as Sanders. Stop being a moron.

Yeah but Sanders is 2 inches taller. Runs a 4.35 forty, has better Route running skills, and got those yards with Less catches. Thats why New England wanted him. Bottom line, it's the SYSTEM that makes the offense and the players...not the players that make the system. And if Pittsburgh had the coaches, and systems of a Pats, or the Saints, or a few other teams with good Offensive minds...we wouldn't be struggling to score ONE POINT against a defense that allowed over 600 Yds and 40 Points in 10 games last year alone.

Ya think ???

Banned
    Yeah but Sanders is 2 inches taller. Runs a 4.35 forty, has better Route running skills, and got those yards with Less catches. Thats why New England wanted him. Bottom line, it's the SYSTEM that makes the offense and the players...not the players that make the system. And if Pittsburgh had the coaches, and systems of a Pats, or the Saints, or a few other teams with good Offensive minds...we wouldn't be struggling to score ONE POINT against a defense that allowed over 600 Yds and 40 Points in 10 games last year alone.

Ya think ???
    Yes, the system made Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, and many others. Sanders and Brown can be just as good as any one of those guys. They just need the system. Okay. Cool.

Banned
    Yes, the system made Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, and many others. Sanders and Brown can be just as good as any one of those guys. They just need the system. Okay. Cool.

Plexico being on that list is stupid. He has never done anything but be a Cancer. And in the Super Bowl he was the Invisable Man. Just because he caught the game winner does not make him a great WR....I could have caught that. The defender slipped on that play. And the rest of those WR...YES. The system did make them what they were.

Banned
    Plexico being on that list is stupid. He has never done anything but be a Cancer. And in the Super Bowl he was the Invisable Man. Just because he caught the game winner does not make him a great WR....I could have caught that. The defender slipped on that play. And the rest of those WR...YES. The system did make them what they were.
    He has more career yards per reception than Randy Moss. He made Eli Manning look like Peyton Manning when Eli Manning was worse than Archie Manning. Seriously, you really are dumb and have no idea what you're talking about.

Assistant Coach

Roethlisberger versus other "elite" QBs

Eddie royal, Malcolm Floyd, Vincent brown...
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

And you sound like a blind establishment homer who swears everything the coaches and management do are right and that if the team sucks it's because "they're just not executing." Week one already made you look like a complete fool regarding everything you said about preseason being meaningless.

And now you actually compare Sanders, Brown and Wheaton as being on the same level of receiving cores that Brady, Brees, Rodgers and the Mannings have had. You don't just sound ridiculous with that statement. You sound moronic.
    Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said they were "on the same level of receiving cores that Brady, Brees, Rodgers and the Mannings have had"... My point was, those quarterbacks have shown the ability to make average WRs (Austin Collie, Blair White, Julian Edleman, James Jones, Robert Meachum, etc...) look much, much better than they actually are. I do believe that those quarterbacks, in their respective systems, would have some success with our group. I understand the frustrations, I honestly do (especially the fact that we have no #1 receiver), but the O line is the main issue with the team at the moment. Ben can make this group work, especially with the addition of Heath Miller in the not too distant future, if he can get a little more time in the pocket.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Eddie royal, Malcolm Floyd, Vincent brown...
    Well I would say Whisenhunt has called a damn good game tonight vs the Texans unlike Haley's abortion yesterday vs the Titans......

Telling stat here about Todd Haley.....During the Tomlin era, Ben Roethlisberger has played in 9 games in which his yards per attempt was under 6. Four of those games have come in the last two seasons, including against the Titans.......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You know what is funny about Tom Brady and his elite weapons....He won Super Bowls throwing to the likes of Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens at WR.....lol He lost Super Bowls when he had true elite weapons, throwing to Randy Moss, Wes Welker at WR, plus freak TEs like Gronk and Aaron Hernandez.....

Interesting...........
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 09-10-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well I would say Whisenhunt has called a damn good game tonight vs the Texans unlike Haley's abortion yesterday vs the Titans......

Telling stat here about Todd Haley.....During the Tomlin era, Ben Roethlisberger has played in 9 games in which his yards per attempt was under 6. Four of those games have come in the last two seasons, including against the Titans.......

Good point.

Bottom line, whether we think it's more talent then Haley, the fact is, if our offense struggles again this season no matter what the reason, Ben will insist on Haley being fired. So he will be. No team is gonna go against a top Franchise QB wishes. So we will just have to wait and see what happens the rest of the season.

Thread Information