Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger versus other "elite" QBs

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Tell me when Brady, Rodgers, Brees or either Manning ever had THREE receivers of equal caliber to the Steelers current receiving core. Don't name one "dime a dozen receiver" who was Brady's third receiver amongst Moss and Welker. Name an entire starting receiving core for one of those quarterbacks that was on par with Brown, Sanders and Wheaton.
    I'm not quite understanding of how Sanders and Brown have become scrubs all of a sudden. And how can you possibly have any idea of what caliber a reciever Wheaton is. You sound ridiculous. Not to mention that, at the moment, Cotchery is currently the 3rd receiver. I've always hated how the Steelers have just let their #1 receivers walk (Burress, Holmes, Wallace), and I hate that we don't have a true #1 receiver... But Brown and Sanders are not the scrubs you are making them out to be and we have no idea what Wheaton is/will be.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I'm not quite understanding of how Sanders and Brown have become scrubs all of a sudden. And how can you possibly have any idea of what caliber a reciever Wheaton is. You sound ridiculous. Not to mention that, at the moment, Cotchery is currently the 3rd receiver. I've always hated how the Steelers have just let their #1 receivers walk (Burress, Holmes, Wallace), and I hate that we don't have a true #1 receiver... But Brown and Sanders are not the scrubs you are making them out to be and we have no idea what Wheaton is/will be.
    Because they've played like it, that's why. They've badly regressed since the 2011 season. They cannot make the tough catches. Hell, it's about 50/50 they drop perfectly thrown balls.

Wheaton won't play because "it's not the Steeler way" to play rookies so often.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    And you sound like a blind establishment homer who swears everything the coaches and management do are right and that if the team sucks it's because "they're just not executing." Week one already made you look like a complete fool regarding everything you said about preseason being meaningless.

And now you actually compare Sanders, Brown and Wheaton as being on the same level of receiving cores that Brady, Brees, Rodgers and the Mannings have had. You don't just sound ridiculous with that statement. You sound moronic.

Banned
    What makes a # 1 WR is opportunity. One can't say Brown can't be true # 1 WR....I mean why can't he ? Why can't Sanders step up this season and finally show his physical abilities ? I mean New England had the best offense last season....and who was there # 1 WR ? A 5ft, 9, 185 Lb Welker who was a undrafted player who ran at best a 4.7 forty ? It the SYSTEM and a great QB that makes a offense move the ball. I don't care if we don't have another 1200 yard + WR, or 5 different WR/TE who combine for a average of 600-850 Yards each.

I mean what is the difference ?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    What makes a # 1 WR is opportunity. One can't say Brown can't be true # 1 WR....I mean why can't he ? Why can't Sanders step up this season and finally show his physical abilities ? I mean New England had the best offense last season....and who was there # 1 WR ? A 5ft, 9, 185 Lb Welker who was a undrafted player who ran at best a 4.7 forty ? It the SYSTEM and a great QB that makes a offense move the ball. I don't care if we don't have another 1200 yard + WR, or 5 different WR/TE who combine for a average of 600-850 Yards each.

Because Brown and Sanders have shown no signs of stepping up.

We need to just accept the Steelers blew it in the offseason.

Banned

Size has nothing to do with being a #1 or #2 or #3 receiver. Talent is what makes the receiver what they are. Steve Smith was one of the best receivers I've ever seen play and I'm pretty sure he is as small, if not smaller than Welker. It's not just opportunity.

Yes, some systems are designed to make receivers excel. But that doesn't mean you can plug ANY receiver into the slot and expect success. And that also doesn't mean that a great receiver can't make a bad system look good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Size has nothing to do with being a #1 or #2 or #3 receiver. Talent is what makes the receiver what they are. Steve Smith was one of the best receivers I've ever seen play and I'm pretty sure he is as small, if not smaller than Welker. It's not just opportunity.

Yes, some systems are designed to make receivers excel. But that doesn't mean you can plug ANY receiver into the slot and expect success. And that also doesn't mean that a great receiver can't make a bad system look good.

Really ? The Pats replaced Welker with Amendola ? And who the hell is he ? After his first game, he is on pace for 160 catch season for 1500 Yds...and he was the 738th ranked WR coming out of his draft.

Draft Pick
    Really ? The Pats replaced Welker with Amendola ? And who the hell is he ? After his first game, he is on pace for 160 catch season for 1500 Yds...and he was the 738th ranked WR coming out of his draft.
    Amendola is actually a really good slot receiver, he just didn't get talked about often because he played for the Rams. He's definitely a better WR than Sanders, maybe even Brown. The Patriots also drafted some WRs and let them play instead up benching them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Amendola is actually a really good slot receiver, he just didn't get talked about often because he played for the Rams. He's definitely a better WR than Sanders, maybe even Brown. The Patriots also drafted some WRs and let them play instead up benching them.

He also was undrafted, under 5ft 10 and 170 Lbs, and ran a steller 4.68 forty at Texas Tech. He also never had a season over 600 Yds receiving. And, he wasn't even on the Pats Radar, or any other teams Radar during the off season...if it weren't for us matching the offer for Sanders....Amendola wouldn't even be PLAYING....But he's so good according to you!

Draft Pick
    He also was undrafted, under 5ft 10 and 170 Lbs, and ran a steller 4.68 forty at Texas Tech. He also never had a season over 600 Yds receiving. And, he wasn't even on the Pats Radar, or any other teams Radar during the off season...if it weren't for us matching the offer for Sanders....Amendola wouldn't even be PLAYING....But he's so good according to you!
    Once again, you prove yourself totally inept and that you can only pull things out of your ***.

Thread Information