Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My thoughts on the current situation

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I forgot about Kent. But he didn't last long. Malone was our starter 4 years. So was bubby.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Speaking of QBs, I read an article today claiming that Ben will not be a Steeler much longer since this team is in a rebuilding mode. Although I keep hearing the organization claim that this team is not in a rebuilding mode, I believe that the writing is on the wall. If that is the case, than I don't see Big Ben sticking around waiting for it to all unfold because he wants to win now this late in his career.
    Unfortunately, couldn't agree more. Haley was the beginning of the end. What I fault Steeler management with is not hiring the OC who led Big Ben to a 15-1 record his first year: Ken Wisenhunt. I know he folded like a cheap suit in Az, but they never had one-half the talent base of the Steelers.
    STEELSPIKES

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    .Unfortunately, couldn't agree more. Haley was the beginning of the end. What I fault Steeler management with is not hiring the OC who led Big Ben to a 15-1 record his first year: Ken Wisenhunt. I know he folded like a cheap suit in Az, but they never had one-half the talent base of the Steelers.
    I think Haley is getting more blame than he deserves just like Arians and I thought Arians was awful. Haley hasn't impressed at all either, but the simple fact is that it doesn't matter who the offensive coordinator is. No one can do much offensively with this offensive line and group of receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    I agree with you. However...you're failing to see the what IF Ben demands OUT factor. Thats why I asked was there any word today from Ben about that Blow-up between he and Haley ? Cause trust me that IS a HUGE deal. It's very obvious now that Ben was just being the good soldier when he was Praising Haley's offense just a few days ago. Underplaying the fact that it looked bad in preseason games, and that Ben said he expected the offense to " EXPLODE " once the season starts.

Well it looks like Ben is getting very frustrated with Haley's offense. A offense that was supposed to reduce the amount of Hits/Sacks Ben has taken. But as it is right now, Ben is on pace for getting sacked more then 100 times this year....100 folks. And even though you SAY the Steelers themselves would never trade Ben, they either WILL if Ben demands out. Or they will lose him outright for nothing when his contract is up.
    I believe five (the number of sacks Roethlisberger took yesterday which would therefore be his sack per game rate) times 16 comes to 80. The only way he could be sacked more than 100 times this season, given the current rate, would be for this team to make it to the Super Bowl and given your pessimism, I highly doubt that it was your intent to imply that this team will be making it that far.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I believe five (the number of sacks Roethlisberger took yesterday which would therefore be his sack per game rate) times 16 comes to 80. The only way he could be sacked more than 100 times this season, given the current rate, would be for this team to make it to the Super Bowl and given your pessimism, I highly doubt that it was your intent to imply that this team will be making it that far.

The Titans got 5 sacks. The Titans are also one of the WORST Pass rushing teams in the league. There will be teams that sack Ben 8-12 times as well. And others that might only get him say 3 times. But in the end, if he throws it 500 times, 100 sacks is possible. Not unless we change our offense to have 90 % Bubble screen plays.

Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post

Ben is the LEAST of our problems.
    What did Ben throw the first play after the safety... he went deep like he likes too. he missed by two feet a bit long...
    He was doing this last year with Wallace a lot to. he under throws and overthrows... his sights need adjustment.

This guy named Kaerpernick with 11 games under his belt is hitting on every pass like a bullseye on a dart board from everywhere... and while scrambling... that is the difference.. watch the game again and se how many balls ben is throwing off like a foot or two. it is a lot..

The whole team looks crappy, but ben isn't off the list.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Plus he has no ZIP on the ball........As much as I dislike m vick......he really can put some zip on the ball.....I am not sure BR7 is just plain wore out.....

Thread Information