Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Roster Moves (for injuries)

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    yea, that's what we learned from the signings of Mesko, Wallace, and Blake....




    None of those guys were emergency signings. They were all signed before Camp. But, when you need a kicker to Immediately come in and kick...you want someone...if possible who has been in your camp before. Especially a player who will likely be our main scorer,,since our regular offense can't score.

  2. #12
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    None of those guys were emergency signings. They were all signed before Camp. But, when you need a kicker to Immediately come in and kick...you want someone...if possible who has been in your camp before. Especially a player who will likely be our main scorer,,since our regular offense can't score.
    wrong again.
    they were all signed AFTER camp. After ALL FOUR preseason games.

    As for your statement about kicker... no position is less dependant on having been on the team before. It's almost completely irrelevant.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    wrong again.
    they were all signed AFTER camp. After ALL FOUR preseason games.

    As for your statement about kicker... no position is less dependant on having been on the team before. It's almost completely irrelevant.




    Well obviously you're wrong cause thats what Ed Buschette wrote this morning, that the Steelers are gonna sign a kicker that HAS been in camp with them before. So it's not Irrelevant.

  4. #14
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273

    Roster Moves (for injuries)

    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Well obviously you're wrong cause thats what Ed Buschette wrote this morning, that the Steelers are gonna sign a kicker that HAS been in camp with them before. So it's not Irrelevant.
    They'd better sign a kicker who has experience making FGs given the lack of offense.

    Whether he's been in camp with the steelers or not is completely irrelevant... Just like when they signed Suisham.

    edit : my mistake Suisham was in camp with the Steelers.... 5 years earlier.... lol
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 09-09-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  5. #15
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,372
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Well obviously you're wrong cause thats what Ed Buschette wrote this morning, that the Steelers are gonna sign a kicker that HAS been in camp with them before. So it's not Irrelevant.
    Actually, Bouchette said we would not sign Malecki (who is working out with KC as we speak), while you said we would.

    Got a quote about the kicker?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Doesn't matter who we sign. We're never gonna be in position to kick a FG, so why bother ? BTW, I just layed 5,000 dollars on Cincy next Monday night. I got it at -5 and Cincy. Now it's at -6.5 and growing. All I have to worry about is Cincy covering 5 points...at Home...on Monday night.....Easiest F'ing money I will ever get

  7. #17
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,502
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Doesn't matter who we sign. We're never gonna be in position to kick a FG, so why bother ? BTW, I just layed 5,000 dollars on Cincy next Monday night. I got it at -5 and Cincy. Now it's at -6.5 and growing. All I have to worry about is Cincy covering 5 points...at Home...on Monday night.....Easiest F'ing money I will ever get
    Even more reason to hope for a Steeler win on Monday night.

  8. #18
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Even more reason to hope for a Steeler win on Monday night.
    He doesn't realize the Cinci D could not get a sack on a Chicago OL with two or three rookies playing?

    Maybe well have two or three rookies next week to start too, one of those omens that vaporizes 5k....

  9. #19
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,372
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Even more reason to hope for a Steeler win on Monday night.
    ^LOL^
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    ^LOL^



    Hey, I'm a realist. Cincy was at Chicago, as opposed to being at Home. Chicago HAS a great RB, and forced over 50 TO's last season..( Led the league )..and was great at sacking the QB. And remember, Cincy was still right there, and could have won that game. Now, at home in week 2 where they are 0-1, on a Monday night game, you're telling me that you think the Steelers will have a good chance to stay within 5 points ?..let alone win the game ?



    They'll have to prove me wrong...and I hope they do. Thats why I keep my bets low. 5 Grand to me is like 2 Cents to Tom Brady! Ain't no thing but a Chicken Wing Baby!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What moves would you make?
    By cbrunn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 10:51 AM
  3. STEELERS MAKE 3 ROSTER MOVES
    By ItAintEasyBeingPeazy in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
  4. Tomlin moves into the area
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •