Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you assclowns seen the light yet?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    And yes mendenhall was a bust. Yes he had two good seasons. Got injured his rookie year. Coughed up the ball in the super bowl, and sided with bin Ladin. To me he should still be on this team producing, but he's gone with his ****** attitude.

Steelers always had guys with character. From the 70s teams to guys like bettis,Lloyd, porter, ward, Woodson. But then got candy asses like mendenhall, Wallace, Worilds. Guys with no heart. Why we are where we are right now.
    Always had guys with character? Ernie Holmes shot at a police chopper. Greg Lloyd threatened his kid with a gun.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Football character.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    So the answer is to ask Ben to hold the ball two seconds longer for the long pass when he is getting crushed on the short ones? That is a recipe for success if by "success" you mean getting Ben killed.

The truth is that no one could do a good job play calling with the OL playing like it did. No rushing game to make play action work. Virtually no time for Ben in any kind of pocket. If the OL begins to play better, the play calling will look better. If not, it will be a long season.
    I totally get the line problems. It *IS* a huge issue.... So what do you do? First, you be less predictable and conservative in play calling. Let's move the pocket around a little and roll Ben out. The first quarter reverse to Sanders was a decent play call - we only got 3 yards, but it forced the DEs to stay home a few plays.

Let's be honest. The Steelers O line has been a problem for awhile now. This year is nothing new. We won a SB with a line comparable to this one. Let's look at our offensive efficiency since Haley came aboard.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by raszputini View Post
    I totally get the line problems. It *IS* a huge issue.... So what do you do? First, you be less predictable and conservative in play calling. Let's move the pocket around a little and roll Ben out. The first quarter reverse to Sanders was a decent play call - we only got 3 yards, but it forced the DEs to stay home a few plays.

Let's be honest. The Steelers O line has been a problem for awhile now. This year is nothing new. We won a SB with a line comparable to this one. Let's look at our offensive efficiency since Haley came aboard.
    I agree and I believe I suggested some roll outs a few posts down the thread.

That said, our OL makes Haley's job near impossible.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Maybe Bens just physically done, his passes are off a lot. he doesn't roll out of the pocket, he used to run when he seen space.

Now he just runs in circles in the pocket until he gets sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Maybe Bens just physically done, his passes are off a lot. he doesn't roll out of the pocket, he used to run when he seen space.

Ben hasn't ran for a first down in what seems like forever. Thats what made him so good when he was young, he was a pass first then run for at least 6 yards if there was nothing there, that is what developed him into keeping the play alive type QB. I understand he is not as fas now than what he once was, but sometimes he has 10 yards of space and yet he doesn't tuck it and run.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ben hasn't ran for a first down in what seems like forever. Thats what made him so good when he was young, he was a pass first then run for at least 6 yards if there was nothing there, that is what developed him into keeping the play alive type QB. I understand he is not as fas now than what he once was, but sometimes he has 10 yards of space and yet he doesn't tuck it and run.
    They probably don't want him to run.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post

Ben ran for a 1st down last year against the Chargers. It was 3rd and 8, and he got like 10 yards if I remember.

Have you assclowns seen the light yet?

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

It's possible the dude may be mentally and physically done! Take the strange snatch out of his his diet and he turned into a "Tiger"... Hmmm!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 09-09-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    That said, our OL makes Haley's job near impossible.
    It's simple, but true. If you don't get time to execute your offense, then we get what we saw yesterday. When he had/made time, I though Ben looked pretty good yesterday. And I do agree if the M.O. is to get the ball out of his hands quickly and put the speedy guys in space, why go with 3TE sets? That is a head scratcher. All I can say, is the turning point in this game came when Redman fumbled on the 3 yard line. If the Steelers score a TD on that drive, it makes for a whole different game and outcome. But you know what they about "if's and but's". Don't have to run for 140 yards per game, but have to be able to get 3-5 yards per carry and at least have a relevant running game to keep the offense out of 3rd and 9 all day long.
    Formerly know as Harrison92

Thread Information