Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you assclowns seen the light yet?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Two stats that Steelers Nation holds very dear, time of possession and yards allowed on defense, are also the two most overrated stats in the NFL.

The Steelers need to stop worrying about how they won 40 years ago. Nobody cares what happened 40 years ago. Hell, nobody even cares what happened 5 years ago. They won with ball control and defense. Okay, but that isn't cutting it anymore. Today, the NFL is about up-tempo high-scoring and pass-heavy games. Having a 100 yard rushing attack isn't important, and really the Steelers are just banging their heads against a brick wall trying to accomplish that anyways.
    Nice post...........Under Fuhrer Goodell's NFL defenses can't play defense anyway and really defenses can only hope to get turn overs and that is another problem our defense still struggles to create turn overs.......I have said for years the Steelers are behind the times when it comes to offense in the modern NFL........Adapt or die Steelers...

Draft Pick
    Twice William Gay batted the ball 20 feet in the air and it fell to the ground both times. That was 2 big opportunities for TO's that we let slip by, and it seemed to happen all the time last year too.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    First of all, why do you have to call people assclowns. We are fellow steeler fans. We all know what we saw yesterday, and it wasn't pretty.

The point is plain and simple. We have very little talent. We are hoping for rookies to step up. Our line is a joke, and we lost our starting center. We are strapped with the salary cap and our drafts the last few years haven't been great. Don't have the guys to replace our aging vets we lost.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

If you watched the GB vs SF game... you watched two pro teams play and can see how far we are from that status.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Jason Worilds, ziggy hood, Cameron Heyward, limas sweed. Rashard mendenhall. Busts. Wallace gone.

Mike Adams? Decastro? Pouncey always hurt. Timmons and Woolley have worked out somewhat. Timmons was good last year. Woodley? Well needs to step it up. Sean spence injured last year in preseason.

These are the guys that were supposed to replace guys like bettis,ward, Harrison, faneca. Did not happen. The truth is the offensive line has been bad since 2006, cowhers last year. Steelers have invested draft picks, but obviously they haven't pawned out.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    Twice William Gay batted the ball 20 feet in the air and it fell to the ground both times. That was 2 big opportunities for TO's that we let slip by, and it seemed to happen all the time last year too.
    William gay blows. That will never change. Tomlin is getting desperate. We are recycling our own has/never has Beens. Bring back burress, gay, Dwyer, spaeth.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Nice post...........Under Fuhrer Goodell's NFL defenses can't play defense anyway and really defenses can only hope to get turn overs and that is another problem our defense still struggles to create turn overs.......I have said for years the Steelers are behind the times when it comes to offense in the modern NFL........Adapt or die Steelers...
    The purpose of defense in the modern NFL has changed. It's no longer about yards allowed. It's about turnovers, sacks, and holding other teams to field goals. Yards allowed is just a stat, nothing more. Turnovers effect field position and points scored. Sacks can also effect field position and pushes the other team back. Field goals mean the other team scores fewer points. All of those have tangible effects, yards allowed does not.

I've been very disappointed in LeBeau over the last three years. He's gone too soft. It's like he's coaching scared. He just wants the defense to play it safe and "tackle the catch." You never see a DB jump a route to pick off a pass in this system anymore. If you take a risk, you might give up a big play. If you don't take risks, you won't make any plays yourself and will probably lose anyways.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    And yes mendenhall was a bust. Yes he had two good seasons. Got injured his rookie year. Coughed up the ball in the super bowl, and sided with bin Ladin. To me he should still be on this team producing, but he's gone with his ****** attitude.

Steelers always had guys with character. From the 70s teams to guys like bettis,Lloyd, porter, ward, Woodson. But then got candy asses like mendenhall, Wallace, Worilds. Guys with no heart. Why we are where we are right now.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Have you assclowns seen the light yet?

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    If you watched the GB vs SF game... you watched two pro teams play and can see how far we are from that status.
    Yes sir. Two powerhouse teams, we look like a sucky high school team getting out played by a **** team. Happens year in and year out!

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    The steelers hardly looked like anything representing an nfl team throughout preseason or yesterday.

Bad part is if he had any offense, we win. The titans didn't light it up at all. Locker has 125 yards passing. Johnson 70 yards rushing. Defense wasn't great, but played well enough to win the football game.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information