Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expectations for this season?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Expectations for this season?

I'm calling it a 5-11/6-10 season.

I don't give up on the Steelers just after week one. Perhaps it was a lazy and uninspiring start to the season.

I just have to be realistic and see it as a year we aren't so strong. This isn't 2007/2008 any more, we don't have that fearsome roster anymore and that fat slob of an experimental head coach will skip by unscathed by the front office.

I'm just looking forward to the Shamarko Thomas era.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    About says it all.

I was trying to be hopeful going into the season. But that was flushed down the crapper last Sunday.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Expectations for this season?

6-10

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, with an inspired victory over the Bengals, they'd be tied for first place within the division.

Okay...I just thought I'd throw that out there.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Well, with an inspired victory over the Bengals, they'd be tied for first place within the division.

Watch A.J. Green jizz all over us and score 5 touchdowns!!! red head boy has a great game against our suspect D and Benny Boy gets sacked 5 times. WRITING IS ON THE WALL!!!

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    Watch A.J. Green jizz all over us and score 5 touchdowns!!! red head boy has a great game against our suspect D and Benny Boy gets sacked 5 times. WRITING IS ON THE WALL!!!

LOL
    Actually, Ike usually does a very nice job of covering and limiting guys like AJ Green. Now Ben getting sacked 5+ times is a REAL possibility. The thought of Geno Atkins against our interior line is scary.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

Andy dalton doesn't exactly strike fear into the steelers defense. I fully expect the steelers and ravens to be tied at 1-1 with Ohio to be 0-4.

The bengals don't have that much success against the steelers lately. They squeaked out a win at the end of last season but it was a 10-13 game. Them being 7 point favorites is hilarious

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Andy dalton doesn't exactly strike fear into the steelers defense. I fully expect the steelers and ravens to be tied at 1-1 with Ohio to be 0-4.

The bengals don't have that much success against the steelers lately. They squeaked out a win at the end of last season but it was a 10-13 game. Them being 7 point favorites is hilarious

We lost to Tennessee by 9 points AT HOME...and being 7 point underdogs to a Playoff Bengals team on their Home opener is Hillarious ????

Don't quit your day job just yet to be a Vegas Odds maker.

Bengals don't beat the steelers very often but It's been a long time since they were 7 point favorites. I guess if you expect to see the exact same team as they were against the titans, but I think they respond well to the loss. 7 points on a line is a lot in the nfl game, especially a division one

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bengals don't beat the steelers very often but It's been a long time since they were 7 point favorites. I guess if you expect to see the exact same team as they were against the titans, but I think they respond well to the loss. 7 points on a line is a lot in the nfl game, especially a division one

I bet the Bengals in this game, but the game opened at 5, so thats what I have right now. Now it were 7, I might not bet the Bengals, definitely no higher then 7. But right now, with us losing our defensive Captain, and the likelyhood of Cortez Allen being out, and Gay being the starter...and our O-Line issues....I just don't see the Steelers winning, or keeping it close. Not unless the Bengals just kill themselves with alot of TO'S and mistakes.

Thread Information