Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Have you assclowns seen the light yet?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    2nd String Root4Stlrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfrom55 View Post
    It's simple, but true. If you don't get time to execute your offense, then we get what we saw yesterday. When he had/made time, I though Ben looked pretty good yesterday. And I do agree if the M.O. is to get the ball out of his hands quickly and put the speedy guys in space, why go with 3TE sets? That is a head scratcher. All I can say, is the turning point in this game came when Redman fumbled on the 3 yard line. If the Steelers score a TD on that drive, it makes for a whole different game and outcome. But you know what they about "if's and but's". Don't have to run for 140 yards per game, but have to be able to get 3-5 yards per carry and at least have a relevant running game to keep the offense out of 3rd and 9 all day long.
    You are exactly right. That WAS the game-changing play. I was at the game and, after that, the dynamic was completely different. If they had scored then, it would have been totally different. And I get the coulda woulda shoulda. The atmosphere was different yesterday in many ways. It was like a pre-season game prior with so many tickets for sale in the parking lot.

  2. #32
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    You are exactly right. That WAS the game-changing play. I was at the game and, after that, the dynamic was completely different. If they had scored then, it would have been totally different. And I get the coulda woulda shoulda. The atmosphere was different yesterday in many ways. It was like a pre-season game prior with so many tickets for sale in the parking lot.
    Don't give me that crap. 1 play turns the whole game around. Teams are scoring TDs at will all around the league. Did you see what the Eagles did on their botched play inside the 5? They didn't go into suck mode and try to let 3rd string running backs establish a run game with a o-line that would struggle in college. They spread the ball out. They let their playmakers (in our world, that would be Ben, Brown, Sanders, potentially Wheaton) get the ball. Instead we're throwing to Redman and Johnson & Johnson. It's embarrassing. Spread the ball out and our run game will get better. Everyone is stacking the box because all of our plays are short throws or runs. Haley needs to go.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Don't give me that crap. 1 play turns the whole game around. Teams are scoring TDs at will all around the league. Did you see what the Eagles did on their botched play inside the 5? They didn't go into suck mode and try to let 3rd string running backs establish a run game with a o-line that would struggle in college. They spread the ball out. They let their playmakers (in our world, that would be Ben, Brown, Sanders, potentially Wheaton) get the ball. Instead we're throwing to Redman and Johnson & Johnson. It's embarrassing. Spread the ball out and our run game will get better. Everyone is stacking the box because all of our plays are short throws or runs. Haley needs to go.
    Good post. It really is amazing that there are some people who still actually think that a team can "grind out" wins in the current league. As if scoring 16 points versus 9 points makes a difference in the long run between having a capable offense and an incapable offense.

  4. #34
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Good post. It really is amazing that there are some people who still actually think that a team can "grind out" wins in the current league. As if scoring 16 points versus 9 points makes a difference in the long run between having a capable offense and an incapable offense.
    Remember the last offensive drive of the game for the Steelers? They didn't throw towards the goal line until Cotchery's 4th down TD catch. The pass before that was a check-down to Redman who was 4 yards out. Why weren't they throwing into the endzone?

    The Steelers are playing scared football. They're trying to "play it safe" and grind out low-scoring wins. Will not work in today's NFL. Would the Steelers have won Super Bowl 43 if Ben kept trying to check down to an RB 5 yards out of the endzone? Nobody wins playing scared.

    By the way, did anybody catch Tomlin's post game press conference? Besides the typical Tomlin BS, it sounded like he was taking some shots at Haley's play calling and game plan. Remember when there were questions as to whether or not Tomlin wanted to keep Arians? Perhaps we just found that out.

    The Steelers need to catch up with the times. They've gotten away with playing old-school longer than most teams, but it isn't working any longer. The NFL doesn't care that yinzer nation thinks it should be a ball-control league. The NFL doesn't even care if Art Rooney II wants it to be a ball-control league. The Steelers need to adapt, or they will be left behind and become an irrelevant team.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    They've gotten away with playing old-school longer than most teams, but it isn't working any longer. The NFL doesn't care that yinzer nation thinks it should be a ball-control league. The NFL doesn't even care if Art Rooney II wants it to be a ball-control league. The Steelers need to adapt, or they will be left behind and become an irrelevant team.
    Great post overall and this statement is right on the money. The time to adapt is long overdue.

  6. #36
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,636
    In a league that is throwing TD's all over the place, it's a sign that only Jacksonville has less points then us. And the forecast doesn't get any sunnier when we go to Cincinnati this weekend.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #37
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    In a league that is throwing TD's all over the place, it's a sign that only Jacksonville has less points then us. And the forecast doesn't get any sunnier when we go to Cincinnati this weekend.
    And the Steelers will refuse to adapt to the modern NFL because "it's not the Steeler way."

  8. #38
    Draft Pick steelspikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    492
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Two stats that Steelers Nation holds very dear, time of possession and yards allowed on defense, are also the two most overrated stats in the NFL.

    The Steelers need to stop worrying about how they won 40 years ago. Nobody cares what happened 40 years ago. Hell, nobody even cares what happened 5 years ago. They won with ball control and defense. Okay, but that isn't cutting it anymore. Today, the NFL is about up-tempo high-scoring and pass-heavy games. Having a 100 yard rushing attack isn't important, and really the Steelers are just banging their heads against a brick wall trying to accomplish that anyways.
    Steeler Offense has never been a scoring machine with Ben; what they have been is usually just good enough to win with a top-rated defense. Now that defense is still solid, but perhaps no longer among the best. I've been writing for years of the need to convert the Steeler offense into what you describe. But it hasn't happened, and last Sunday was possibly the worst offensive display I have ever seen by a Steeler team in over 40 years. I think this offense has officially "hit bottom."
    STEELSPIKES

  9. #39
    Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,024
    Dave at the Depot stated that watching other games was like "watching a different sport with different rules" or something like that. Heck, I would even say the Steelers play dragged the Titans down, it was that bad.

  10. #40
    BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    FAYETTEVILLE AR
    Posts
    959
    Anybody miss Bruce or Whizz

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •