Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titans win one game and talk trash afterwards

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

Titans win one game and talk trash afterwards

It has been a long time since the Tennessee Titans defense has had something to talk about

But after Sunday's dominant effort in a 16-9 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Titans had plenty to say after the game. Tennessee held Pittsburgh to 32 yards rushing, sacked Ben Roethlisberger five times, forced two turnovers and did not allow a third-down conversion in the second half.

Afterwards, a loud comment was heard from the locker room while reporters awaited Coach Mike Munchak's press conference. Per TitanInsider, that comment was "(Expletive) those Terrible Towels."

Later, defensive tackle Jurrell Casey, who had two sacks and was a force in the middle of the defense, fired a warning shot at division rival Houston for next week.

“It's a conference game, and we're gonna go out there make sure we put our foot up their (expletive),” Casey said. “That's what we're gonna do. Not holding back at all against whoever we face. That's what we're gonna do all season long.”

If so, it would be a drastic change from last season when Tennessee allowed a franchise-record 471 points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/titans-...3598--nfl.html

Starter
    My Mood
    Angry
    Titans aren't very good. Steelers couldn't beat a high school team right now. They can yell all they want. They ain't goin nowhere.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    texans-hater
    They win one game and they all of sudden think they are an elite football team. There not even paper champions. Its funny they are about to find out some reality after next weekend that the team they just beat is a bottom feeder.

Who cares, they are at least a decade away from a SB. There not in the division, they can talk all they want.

Titans win one game and talk trash afterwards

They deserve to talk trash they held us to 2 lousy points until giving up a td in garbage time.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The comment came from the locker room in (supposed) private. Who cares. They SHOULD have been pumped up after whipping our a$$es the way they did.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Who cares, they are at least a decade away from a SB. There not in the division, they can talk all they want.
    This.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    The comment came from the locker room in (supposed) private. Who cares. They SHOULD have been pumped up after whipping our a$$es the way they did.
    Agreed.

They know they're not good and that to win games they will have to do it through effort, simple execution, and heart. They will be underdogs most of they year, they're allowed to celebrate when their effort culminates in a win.

Right now, I wish we had some of that heart and tenacity.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Munchack took many arse whippings from the Steelers when he played for the Oilers. He got one back.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    I love it when a team is over confident after a win. Easy money can be made on the next game.

Thread Information