Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin on the Hot Seat?

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    As a Titans fan I knew that Steeler Nation would not be happy after today, but I read this thread and I'm shaking my head with all the vitriol going on. Fire Tomlin? Really? You guys realize that a dozen teams in this league would instantly fire their guy in 2 seconds if he became available?.

Yes, I know that Steeler Nation is used to winning and especially the opening game at home. I get that. And losing two of your best players today didn't help things. But did you ever stop and think that maybe the Titans might have invested in some upgrades?

You know who's really on the hot seat this year? Mike Munchak. Try being in the last year of a three year deal without an extension. Being 6-10 last year got a lot of people fired in the Titans organization last year including the long time GM. So what happened since? Well other first upgrade was doing something about our horrible offensive line. Nobody understood how you could have two hall of fame O-linemen, one as O-line coach and one has head coach who played together on the team they are coaching now, and have players that bad. We got 3 new starters including a rookie and it looks like the upgrades are paying off. Your team only got to Locker once today. Last year he was a human pinball and got injured because of it. Now at least he has a chance.

And the defense wasn't any better last year. We gave up the most points in the league, getting gashed regularly in the air and on the ground. This year, nobody's job was safe and we made some changes. I seriously thought Jerry Grey, our defensive coordinator was going to be fired last year. Instead, they brought in Gregg Williams to work with him. Nobody was sure how this was going to work. And one game doth not a season make. But we did shut down the Steeler ground game and kept Big Ben from gashing us down the field for most of the game.

Look, nobody in Nashville thinks we are a Super Bowl team. We'd just be happy with a winning season and maybe a playoff appearance. In the AFC South, we have Houston who has never been better, and Indy with Andrew Luck. Our path is far from easy. And we play in Houston next week...no smaller challenge than coming to Heinz Field today. But just may if this team begins to believe that the upgrades were worth it, we might have a shot.

Good luck in the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Yea I agree Tomlin isnt going anywhere for the time being. I will say though if this keeps up the rest of the season and the team misses the playoffs again this year the hot seat for Tomlin will start to get a bit hotter going into next season. Performances like today are totally and completely unacceptable...
    Tomlin admitted in his press conference that the coaching was not acceptable today. Tomlin will not get fired by the Rooneys, and he will learn from his mistakes. the one who should get fired is that genius named Colbert.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Tomlin on the Hot Seat?

Should have drafted OL competition instead Landry Jones with that 4th rounder

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Tomlin admitted in his press conference that the coaching was not acceptable today. Tomlin will not get fired by the Rooneys, and he will learn from his mistakes. the one who should get fired is that genius named Colbert.

Colbert has no say on Coaches. And by the way, Colbert has done a very good, not perfect, but very good job in finding us talent over the past several seasons. Look around the league....there are MANY players that Tomlin Cut that are now starters on other teams. A few of those have played in Pro-Bowls. Tomlin just doesn't know Talent. And he SUCKS at finding Ast. Coaches. And NONE of that has anything to do with Colbert!

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Tomlin can sit there all he wants and say it's not acceptable the bottom line is he himself has to do something about it and quit talking about it every week with stupid catch phrases that people are getting sick and tired of hearing...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Tomlin can sit there all he wants and say it's not acceptable the bottom line is he himself has to do something about it and quit talking about it every week with stupid catch phrases that people are getting sick and tired of hearing...

Agreed! I am tired of him yelling the words...This is UNACCEPTABLE!! Yeah Tomlin, we know. But you're the one who is responsible.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    I think if we miss the playoffs this year two years in a row rooneys wont have that, either tomlin will go or they will make other changes like haley gone and maybe its time for dick to hang it up get a younger guy in there..
    Cowher had three straight non playoff seasons from 1998,99 and 2000. didn't fire him. noll had 4 straight non playoff years in 80s.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    Agreed! I am tired of him yelling the words...This is UNACCEPTABLE!! Yeah Tomlin, we know. But you're the one who is responsible.
    agreed.preaching wont change things.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

2nd String
    I approve of your post sir. I wish the best for the Titans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
    As a Titans fan I knew that Steeler Nation would not be happy after today, but I read this thread and I'm shaking my head with all the vitriol going on. Fire Tomlin? Really? You guys realize that a dozen teams in this league would instantly fire their guy in 2 seconds if he became available?.

Yes, I know that Steeler Nation is used to winning and especially the opening game at home. I get that. And losing two of your best players today didn't help things. But did you ever stop and think that maybe the Titans might have invested in some upgrades?

You know who's really on the hot seat this year? Mike Munchak. Try being in the last year of a three year deal without an extension. Being 6-10 last year got a lot of people fired in the Titans organization last year including the long time GM. So what happened since? Well other first upgrade was doing something about our horrible offensive line. Nobody understood how you could have two hall of fame O-linemen, one as O-line coach and one has head coach who played together on the team they are coaching now, and have players that bad. We got 3 new starters including a rookie and it looks like the upgrades are paying off. Your team only got to Locker once today. Last year he was a human pinball and got injured because of it. Now at least he has a chance.

And the defense wasn't any better last year. We gave up the most points in the league, getting gashed regularly in the air and on the ground. This year, nobody's job was safe and we made some changes. I seriously thought Jerry Grey, our defensive coordinator was going to be fired last year. Instead, they brought in Gregg Williams to work with him. Nobody was sure how this was going to work. And one game doth not a season make. But we did shut down the Steeler ground game and kept Big Ben from gashing us down the field for most of the game.

Look, nobody in Nashville thinks we are a Super Bowl team. We'd just be happy with a winning season and maybe a playoff appearance. In the AFC South, we have Houston who has never been better, and Indy with Andrew Luck. Our path is far from easy. And we play in Houston next week...no smaller challenge than coming to Heinz Field today. But just may if this team begins to believe that the upgrades were worth it, we might have a shot.

Good luck in the rest of the season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Cowher had three straight non playoff seasons from 1998,99 and 2000. didn't fire him. noll had 4 straight non playoff years in 80s.

You're right. The difference is, neither Knoll, or Cowher had a top-5 NFL QB of all time on their squads did they ?

Thread Information