Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin on the Hot Seat?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    I like Tomlin, except for the lack of game day plan changes to match the opponent. To me it seems like he will stick to the drawn up plan from the week no matter what and refuse to make changes to the gameplan to match what they see from the opposing team. Just my opinion since I am not out there on the sidelines.
    Gumbands

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    IMO, Steelers would be in much better shape know if they'd gone with Wisenhunt over Tomlin in 2007. Yeah, I know he didn't do much with AZ; but he did'nt have a Big Ben either.
    Sure, that's why other teams were banging down Ken "What Would Cowher Do?" Whisenhunt's door to hire him as a head coach after Arizona canned his azz. He completely FUBARed Arizona's QB situation after Warner retired and their offensive line and defense both grew progressively worse every year he was there.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
    I like Tomlin, except for the lack of game day plan changes to match the opponent. To me it seems like he will stick to the drawn up plan from the week no matter what and refuse to make changes to the gameplan to match what they see from the opposing team. Just my opinion since I am not out there on the sidelines.
    I agree with that I would also add that he needs to be more assertive during the game as well, like today the O was doing nothing when they go to the bench go over and tell them to get it together or their a** is on the bench!! Something get a fire under their a**.. I looked at some of the coaches that could be available. Theres a few i'd maybe look at if we Tomlin got fired, Lovie Smith, Jay Gruden, Mike Zimmer..

Banned
    Bottom line is the Rooney's. They just gave Tomlin a 4 year extension that runs through 2016...and that is ALL Guaranteed Money. No way no how the Rooney's eat that loot. If you think so, then you obviously have not payed attention to the Rooney family and how they Pinch pennies. If anything it will be Haley who gets the Axe.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Yea I agree Tomlin isnt going anywhere for the time being. I will say though if this keeps up the rest of the season and the team misses the playoffs again this year the hot seat for Tomlin will start to get a bit hotter going into next season. Performances like today are totally and completely unacceptable...

Veteran
    The Rooney's don't fire head coaches.

It is one thing to lose, but it is another thing to keep losing to mediocre to lower skilled teams like we have. The scary thing about this team is...

1. Seems like there is no passion from the younger guys and vets
    2. There is no true leader on this team like a Hines/Smith, You can make a case for Keisel, but whatever. Ben is not the offensive leader either, we need a guy on offense like a WR to grab it and get nasty like Hines. Not saying he has to be like Hines, but someone on this offense needs to get mean.

3. The laughing and smiling when the team is getting its *** kicked on national tv disgusts me. I'm not saying they have to be pissed off all the time, but it seems they are happy just to get a paycheck pretty much, You would never see the Lloyds/Greenes/Bettis/Wards/Woodsons on the sidelines laughing it up when there team hasn't done **** all game and losing to a scrub team.

4. The team lacks discipline.

This can go all around the coaching staff just not Tomlin, but he needs to get the burden of the blame also.

Tomlin on the Hot Seat?

Tomlin will sink this ship.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    start with Haley, and work your way through the coaching staff it has to be done, maybe then they can at least finish at 500

My Mood
    Addicted
    If the offense keeps up the stellar performances like we saw today there is no doubt in my mind Haley will be the scapegoat.

Thread Information