Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We cut Dwyer so Jones can return kickoffs and bench warm?

Bookmark and Share

We cut Dwyer so Jones can return kickoffs and bench warm?

I'm not a Dwyer fan by any means. I don't hate the guy, just not a fan of his. So we cut him and pick up Jones. Yet Jones had no impact or any playing time on the field today. At least Dwyer would have carried the ball 10 times today if he were on the team. I'm just not understanding the logic with this cut/signing.

The offense as a whole today was embarrassing. I thought I was watching Tommy Maddox days again at Heinz. I shouldn't be surprised since I had the team going 6-10 this season, but the defense cant hold a team to 10 points all game when it has been on the field the whole game.

Also, enough with the dline standing up on 4th down. It doesnt help them get any push once the ball is snapped. I never remember the defense getting pressure on the qb last season when they had Hood/Keisel stand up.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    With howlings injured, you might be seeing mr.dwyer again.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    We looked so bad today, not sure we'll see 6-10. Honestly, we looked that bad.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post

That was I said to m Dad today, I told him not to be suprised if we see Dwyer back in a Steelers jersey come next week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    That was I said to m Dad today, I told him not to be suprised if we see Dwyer back in a Steelers jersey come next week.

Howling is a smaller change of pace RB. Dwyer is a bigger RB. He won't be signed back. That would be Tomlin admitting that he blew it. He will NEVER do that. We have that one RB on our Practice squard. I also can see Baron Batch returning before Dwyer.

My Mood
    Addicted

Re: We cut Dwyer so Jones can return kickoffs and bench warm?

@jimwexell: Tomlin said FJones didn't know playbook enough for no-huddle, but likely angry that Jones should've been on field sted DJ for Ike's fumble

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    @jimwexell: Tomlin said FJones didn't know playbook enough for no-huddle, but likely angry that Jones should've been on field sted DJ for Ike's fumble

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    THEY DIDN'T RUN ANY ****ING NO HUDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not yelling at you BG.

EVERY season we here....The Steelers are going to let Ben run the offense more and that mean NO HUDDLE!!!! Every ****ing year they lie.. LLLIIIEEEESSSSS

Im frustrated today, that offense looked ****ing horrible. It wasnt even good defense from the Titans.

Starter
    I'm not a Dwyer fan by any means. I don't hate the guy, just not a fan of his. So we cut him and pick up Jones. Yet Jones had no impact or any playing time on the field today. At least Dwyer would have carried the ball 10 times today if he were on the team. I'm just not understanding the logic with this cut/signing.

The offense as a whole today was embarrassing. I thought I was watching Tommy Maddox days again at Heinz. I shouldn't be surprised since I had the team going 6-10 this season, but the defense cant hold a team to 10 points all game when it has been on the field the whole game.

Also, enough with the dline standing up on 4th down. It doesnt help them get any push once the ball is snapped. I never remember the defense getting pressure on the qb last season when they had Hood/Keisel stand up.
    maddox put more points on the board then this offense will ever do....

Draft Pick
    THEY DIDN'T RUN ANY ****ING NO HUDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not yelling at you BG.

EVERY season we here....The Steelers are going to let Ben run the offense more and that mean NO HUDDLE!!!! Every ****ing year they lie.. LLLIIIEEEESSSSS

Im frustrated today, that offense looked ****ing horrible. It wasnt even good defense from the Titans.
    They don't run the no huddle as often as they should because they still think time of possession is the be-all-end-all. The Steelers still think there's such a thing as "scoring too quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Why did we cut Dwyer? He clearly is better than Redman. I hope we bring DWYER back
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Thread Information